Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-18-2021, 02:44 PM   #9759
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
A few months ago, I got stopped for 90 in a 55. Cop comes to the passenger side window and I immediately tell him “I am a valid CPL holder and I have my carry arm on my right hip. How would you like to proceed.” My neighbor who is a cop told me that letting the officer know ASAP is the best policy and avoids “mistakes”. The cop thanked my for being up front and wrote me for 64 and then told me what I could do to eliminate the point.

After I got home I realized I actually wasn’t carrying.
All my interactions with LEO have been positive in regards to carrying.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:53 PM   #9760
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
All my interactions with LEO have been positive in regards to carrying.
in most cases 99.9999% of the time if you dont act like an ass your experience will be positive. Sure you may have broken the law and suffered the consequence of such. But if you take your lumps that's usually the end of it. Most people talk themselves into jail or the escalation of the situation.
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 06:23 AM   #9761
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
in most cases 99.9999% of the time if you dont act like an ass your experience will be positive. Sure you may have broken the law and suffered the consequence of such. But if you take your lumps that's usually the end of it. Most people talk themselves into jail or the escalation of the situation.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 08:05 AM   #9762
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Quote:
Clearly, you have never worked a 2nd or 3rd shift job.

In 1992, about 6months after I got out of the Navy, I was working building maintenance at a Hotel in Raleigh, NC.

I got off of work one night at 3am. I got into my old Pontiac Sunbird and exited the parking lot. I got half a block down the road and had 2 cop cars charge at me and pull me over. No, I was not speeding.

They approached my door with guns drawn and demanded I exit the vehicle. I was pushed to the pavement and cuffed then had to sit on my hands in the grass for about an hour.

Why? Well, about 4 miles down the road, a bank had been robbed about 45min earlier. Even though neither I nor my car matched the description of the perp and his vehicle, I was treated as a suspect JUST FOR BEING on the road at 3am. I was released after other officers apprehended the real suspect.

So, 99.9% my ass...
Old 01-19-2021, 08:18 AM   #9763
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Very true.

There are also the general times when there is a simple public interaction. Standing in line at a gas station as an example. Had one last year where a plain cloths one from out of town was next in line. He inquired what the Glock I had on was (open carrying) & we started chatting. Ended up having about a 10 min conversation.

Most LEO are good people. Most people are good people, deep down. Atleast most I interact with. Then again I don’t live in a liberal cesspool. Ya know, the areas where people shooting other people is sport & account for 80% of firearm related injuries & deaths. Yeah, I try not to go to those places.

Even at work I get very little attention from people. I may get the occasional one to ask within a short period of time from first meeting, but generally as rapport is established & interactions continue discussion & conversation ensues. The vast majority of which are very positive.

I have only had one individual that totally fixated on it. Just wouldn’t, or couldn’t, wrap his head around it. A totally emotion-driven snowflake. “You are on private property so If you’re uncomfortable you can certainly leave.”
Old 01-19-2021, 08:49 AM   #9764
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Clearly, you have never worked a 2nd or 3rd shift job.

In 1992, about 6months after I got out of the Navy, I was working building maintenance at a Hotel in Raleigh, NC.

I got off of work one night at 3am. I got into my old Pontiac Sunbird and exited the parking lot. I got half a block down the road and had 2 cop cars charge at me and pull me over. No, I was not speeding.

They approached my door with guns drawn and demanded I exit the vehicle. I was pushed to the pavement and cuffed then had to sit on my hands in the grass for about an hour.

Why? Well, about 4 miles down the road, a bank had been robbed about 45min earlier. Even though neither I nor my car matched the description of the perp and his vehicle, I was treated as a suspect JUST FOR BEING on the road at 3am. I was released after other officers apprehended the real suspect.

So, 99.9% my ass...
Clearly you assume a lot. I have worked plenty of shifts. You were detained and later released. You were in the vicinity of where a felony occurred. Hence the felony stop procedures guns drawn and cuffed. The perp could have switched cars or stolen another car ect ect. While scary and uncalled for in your mind at the time the officers were still just doing their job. Dont take it personal which i know is easy to say, but by complying with orders and not verbally escalating the situation you acted appropriately and were released. Had the officers acted unjustly in detaining you then that is something to take up with the supervisor after the fact, not during the investigation, Getting mouthy or non compliance during the initial stop will only serve to escalate the situation and get you put in jail or worse instead of released on your way. Now i know there are over zealous officers that let nerves or inexperience get the best of them but you half to put yourself in their shoes. They don know you.Only what they are responding to. SO 99.9% of the time if you comply with instruction and don't argue or try to turn into a curbside lawyer everything will be fine as you demonstrated. Glad everything worked out as it was suppose to. Good on you for not resisting or arguing.
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 09:46 AM   #9765
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Oh, boy. Looks like someone is itching to shoot someone. 👀

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:01 PM   #9766
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
when tyanny becomes law rebellion becomes duty.
free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a state of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them which would include their own government.
GEORGE WASHINGTION.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:15 AM   #9767
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Time to additionally consider SILVER bullets. No limp wristing. Hold firm.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 08:15 AM   #9768
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Looks like it's come down to this, fellows

Name:  ammo.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  32.9 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #9769
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Looks like it's come down to this, fellows

Attachment 1058946
They should have an armed guard at the door if their playing with that much money.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:25 AM   #9770
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
If you are into semi auto shotguns, there are about half a dozen Benelli M4 clones out there. Here is one:
https://atlanticfirearms.com/product...2-713135218799

Those that own or have handled both say they cannot tell a difference other than what is engraved on the receivers... even internally they appear the same. I did read Benelli/HK does have some of their stuff made in Turkey so it adds up.

You can enjoy Turknelli goodness for 1/3 the price of a real Benelli.

Here is a thread if you want to read more about the clones.

If a certain someone gets the banning of certain imported things accomplished, there will be many who will be kicking themselves for not jumping on these.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:52 AM   #9771
KindaOrange

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
lol
KindaOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 06:14 PM   #9772
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCho View Post
I suppose I'm one of the fortunate ones that still "rolls their own", so ammo availability hasn't been too much of an issue. I've been handloading/reloading for years, and now my hobby that makes me look like a mad scientist sometimes seems to be paying off a bit. I will say that components (powder, projectiles, and primers) have been scarce though.
I started back in ‘13.

I tried for years to get my next door neighbor to let me teach him, even bought a set of dies for him. Well, I get a message a while back asking if we can roll some. I said sure, just keep in mind primers are 20¢/ now when they were .04-.05¢ Before the craziness, plus powder, plus projos (which I bought for him a while back).

He cried a little.

Tags
camaro gun