Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-21-2018, 11:26 PM   #1
Eddie-v

Drives: NGM ZL1 1LE
1LE - Parts in trunk - What are they?

Noob question: Got my new ZLE home yesterday and found all these items in the trunk. What are they? Thanks guys!

Eddie-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:33 PM   #2
bensf

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Other than the tow hook, they were supposed to be installed by the dealer. Those are the aero bits that goes underneath the front lip of the car. The items on the left is the cover for the LCA I believe.
bensf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:36 PM   #3
Eddie-v

Looks like they will need to be self installed then. Anyone have a doc/video/pics I can use for guidance?
Old 01-21-2018, 11:41 PM   #4
bensf

Look at this thread

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517146
Old 01-21-2018, 11:51 PM   #5
Eddie-v

Thank you. What are the parts on the left? LCA cover (don't know what an LCA is)??
Old 01-21-2018, 11:58 PM   #6
bensf

You're welcome. Lower control arm, it's part of the suspension. I am not 100% sure that is the cover for it or not. Someone else will have to chime in to confirm.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:11 AM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie-v View Post
Noob question: Got my new ZLE home yesterday and found all these items in the trunk. What are they? Thanks guys!

Okay...all of those things were supposed to be installed by the dealer.

My first suggestion is to take it back to them and have them install it - that way if you ever need to make a warranty claim, they did their jobs, rather than you doing their jobs. Having said that,
The two large pieces on the left go on the lower control arms out back.
The long angled piece in the middle is an air dam that fits to the center, and underneath the front splitter.
The very top middle are air deflectors that fit underneath the splitter on either side, on the leading edge of the splitter.

Below that is a tow hook - leave that in the foam-molded holder in the trunk.

And on the bottom are more aggressive air deflectors they call "strakes" that fit underneath the splitter in front of the tires.
I've attached a picture to help clarify where these go. Circled in BLUE are the strakes, GREEN is the air dam, and the little RED circles indicate which fasteners you need to undo to put the tiny air deflectors on.

EDIT: I read ben's post after I wrote this... aw well...more pictures never hurt!

Name:  IMG_9004.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  335.0 KB
Old 01-22-2018, 07:20 AM   #8
McBrayer

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I would be heading back to the dealer ASAP. All of those items should have been installed by the dealer when they did the delivery inspection. There are bright orange shipping spacers in the front springs that should have been removed as well. They hold the front suspension up higher for getting them on and off of the car haulers. Take a look in your front wheel wells, directly above the tires with a flashlight, If they didn't remove them, they will be obvious.

There is a storage slot for the tow hook in the black foam "thing" in what I would call the spare tire well in the trunk. You need the tow hook on board just in case it has to be pulled onto a rollback, since there is NOTHING else they can hook into without doing damage.
McBrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:57 AM   #9
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBrayer View Post
I would be heading back to the dealer ASAP. All of those items should have been installed by the dealer when they did the delivery inspection. There are bright orange shipping spacers in the front springs that should have been removed as well. They hold the front suspension up higher for getting them on and off of the car haulers. Take a look in your front wheel wells, directly above the tires with a flashlight, If they didn't remove them, they will be obvious.

There is a storage slot for the tow hook in the black foam "thing" in what I would call the spare tire well in the trunk. You need the tow hook on board just in case it has to be pulled onto a rollback, since there is NOTHING else they can hook into without doing damage.
No spring spacers on a ZL1 1LE
Old 01-22-2018, 08:35 AM   #10
Eddie-v

Thanks everyone. The dealer is about a 2 hour drive each way, so would be much easier to just install those parts myself. Everything looks very straightforward except the lower control arm covers. Does anyone have any pics or doc on installing those? Thanks
Old 01-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #11
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
If you plan on doing the job yourself, I would still contact the dealer and let them know they messed up and that it is faster for you to install them. Have them write it down somewhere in your files so that in case something happens, you'll have an history that they forgot to install them. Just in case.
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:01 AM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
No spring spacers on a ZL1 1LE

Quote:
Thanks everyone. The dealer is about a 2 hour drive each way, so would be much easier to just install those parts myself. Everything looks very straightforward except the lower control arm covers. Does anyone have any pics or doc on installing those? Thanks
Try this...it's a tiny graphic, but it might help. It looks like they attach with plastic expanding fasteners. If there aren't any in the bag, you can grab a small box of them at any auto parts store for $2.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477011
Old 01-22-2018, 09:40 AM   #13
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

One has to wonder if a PDI was done at all.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #14
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Any dealer can do this. Just go to the closest one and explain the situation. GM will then have a record in case of any issue.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote