Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-12-2019, 06:51 PM   #15
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
I'm sure there are other members in the Austin area that would be glad to hook up with you amigo...easiest thing to do would be to let another ZL1 owner driver yours & then jump behind the wheel of his.

There is nothing sluggish about it & getting the tires to bite under wot should really be the norm...especially when they are not warmed up.

Good luck, I'm sure you will get it figured out...do you have the M6 or A10??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:52 PM   #16
Bow Tie Fanatic

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black Metallic ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohetlol393 View Post
How do you recommend I check for this or get it checked out? I really don't trust the dealerships. I feel like they just tell me whatever or don't actually really check anything but the obvious things.
I put the ADM reservoir on mine and it fixed the problem. Getting the air out of the stock hose is very frustrating. After the ADM was installed I was a good bit quicker in a straight line at VIR. Between this mod and taking off the Rotofab it felt like a different car and I was very pleased.
Bow Tie Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #17
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I have noticed that my 2017 is slow feeling too when cruising around town but when I stomp on it, it comes alive and takes off. I came from a 2016 SS 6 speed and it seems like my ZL1 runs like the SS did when driving it normally. I think the weather has a lot to do with how the ZL1 runs because mine ran different in cooler months,have had it since early March, than now in June!
Old 06-12-2019, 07:22 PM   #18
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Something isn't right. The car is legitimately fast by any standard. Mine left me feeling giddy/amazed every time I took the car out and got on it. Even at 120+ the car pulls hard.

I have a different car with about the same amount of power as the SS (similar 0-60 times also) and there is no comparison to the ZL1.
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 PM   #19
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
With 200 more up and ft lbs of torque it should fry the tires easily. Have you put the gas to the floor to see what it does?
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #20
Fast02Z06

Drives: 2018 ZL1
not being a total tool bag but I feel the op here. when I bough my Zl1, and C7 Z06 I felt the exact same thing! I live in Houston (hot af) and thought wow maybe it's pulling timing. After having a few other ppl who are sorta use to fast cars drive it and give their .02 I discovered that it's not the car but me. every car I had prior was cammed, and decently modded. I just did the same with my C7 Z, and now at 714/722 I'm satisfied with it for a dd. My ZL1 has no motor as we speak bc it's under the knife lol.

3 weeks ago I bought a new (2018) denali 3500 single wheel shortbed diesel bc I needed a new truck and chose this one (I'm more of a Ford truck guy) bc of all the hoopla of how fast the new L5P diesel is stock. tbh I can't wait to get it deleted and tuned (8k) bc it is not truck fast to me at all.

op do headers, X pipe, E85 (if available), and an upper pulley. If that does not scare the shit out of you and wake it up big time shoot for a cam, meth, ice tank and porting work. The sky is the limit on these cars but stock wise they are not crazy fast (unless you are coming out lf a 3 valve mustang or similar). I would go that route and see how you like it.
Fast02Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:41 PM   #21
RSFR

Drives: ZL1
I live in Austin. I'll test it out for ya.
RSFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:58 PM   #22
ohetlol393

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
do a 0-60 with the onboard timer reply back with the number.
Ok so maybe it's just me.. I just ran several 0-60 runs. Couldn't get the tires to stick at all. Idk how to do a 0-60 without spinning badly unless I ease into the throttle. Which hurts the time. The best I got was 4.0 flat. With an average of about 4.3. Not great but imagine that's fast considering the tire spin. Idk... The car just doesn't have that get up I imagined it would have.
ohetlol393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:59 PM   #23
ohetlol393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast02Z06 View Post
not being a total tool bag but I feel the op here. when I bough my Zl1, and C7 Z06 I felt the exact same thing! I live in Houston (hot af) and thought wow maybe it's pulling timing. After having a few other ppl who are sorta use to fast cars drive it and give their .02 I discovered that it's not the car but me. every car I had prior was cammed, and decently modded. I just did the same with my C7 Z, and now at 714/722 I'm satisfied with it for a dd. My ZL1 has no motor as we speak bc it's under the knife lol.

3 weeks ago I bought a new (2018) denali 3500 single wheel shortbed diesel bc I needed a new truck and chose this one (I'm more of a Ford truck guy) bc of all the hoopla of how fast the new L5P diesel is stock. tbh I can't wait to get it deleted and tuned (8k) bc it is not truck fast to me at all.

op do headers, X pipe, E85 (if available), and an upper pulley. If that does not scare the shit out of you and wake it up big time shoot for a cam, meth, ice tank and porting work. The sky is the limit on these cars but stock wise they are not crazy fast (unless you are coming out lf a 3 valve mustang or similar). I would go that route and see how you like it.
Sounds just like me. Except I've never actually driven a modded car in any way. So I imagined this car would feel really fast.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:00 PM   #24
ohetlol393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I'm sure there are other members in the Austin area that would be glad to hook up with you amigo...easiest thing to do would be to let another ZL1 owner driver yours & then jump behind the wheel of his.

There is nothing sluggish about it & getting the tires to bite under wot should really be the norm...especially when they are not warmed up.

Good luck, I'm sure you will get it figured out...do you have the M6 or A10??
Yeah I'll be on the lookout. I hope so. Right now this is driving me crazy.
I have the A10.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:02 PM   #25
ohetlol393

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
With 200 more up and ft lbs of torque it should fry the tires easily. Have you put the gas to the floor to see what it does?
The tires do spin out pretty good about a second after I floor it. I'm starting to think it's just me. Either my lack of driving skill or unrealistic expectations. Or both
Old 06-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #26
ohetlol393

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSFR View Post
I live in Austin. I'll test it out for ya.
I'm cool with that. What year is your ZL1?
Old 06-12-2019, 09:06 PM   #27
Harpinc

Drives: 19' ZL1 1LE
My 2019 M6 ZLE also felt slow. I have owned many cars that had 800-1000 horsepower at the wheels and I learned something along the way. With very sticky tires a car with good HP feels slower than it does with tires that can't handle the torque. I timed my car with Dragy and it is indeed much faster than it felt. It is exactly where it should be on the times it ran.
Harpinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:08 PM   #28
ohetlol393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpinc View Post
My 2019 M6 ZLE also felt slow. I have owned many cars that had 800-1000 horsepower at the wheels and I learned something along the way. With very sticky tires a car with good HP feels slower than it does with tires that can't handle the torque. I timed my car with Dragy and it is indeed much faster than it felt. It is exactly where it should be on the times it ran.
That's really good to know. I hope that's the case for me. Although this is by far the fastest car I've driven

Tags
camaro zl1 2019