Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-14-2019, 01:23 PM   #15
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
The independent variable is the dyno. If all the setting on the dyno are correct and the car is being ran correctly, you should be making 525-550 auto and 550-575 manual. If another ZL1 is making the same power on the same dyno.....something is wrong with the dyno and/or the operation of the dyno! IMHO. The car is 650HP at the crank. You HP number of 494 is a 24 percent loss of HP from the crank. Something is not right!
Again, IMHO!
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #16
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Is the place doing the dyno also installing the mods? If they are, they could be get dyno to read low, then jump a lot with mods and make you think the mods are more then they are.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 04:33 PM   #17
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
The independent variable is the dyno. If all the setting on the dyno are correct and the car is being ran correctly, you should be making 525-550 auto and 550-575 manual. If another ZL1 is making the same power on the same dyno.....something is wrong with the dyno and/or the operation of the dyno! IMHO. The car is 650HP at the crank. You HP number of 494 is a 24 percent loss of HP from the crank. Something is not right!
Again, IMHO!
This^^^.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:59 PM   #18
most-wanted

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Again, IMHO!
you couldn't be more wrong lol. Ah these comments make me cringe. Mustang dyno's read low period. Dynojets read higher. Its the delta you should be concerned with. A dyno is only a tuning device. If everyones make 25hp with an intake and you make 4 then and only then would I be worried about the car. Mustang dynos have always been called the heartbreaker dynos. Another reason why all these HP Gods wont dyno on one so they can impress their friends. Hope this clears it up. Its not the car, its the low reading dyno. Do the mods and mark the difference. Then if you feel its still low and just have to have that warm fuzzy in your belly run it again on a dynojet. I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours on dynos.
most-wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #19
viurniel
@viurniel

Drives: 19 ZLE A10, 15 2SS, 90 300ZXTT
Many of us have dynoed on Mustang Dynos and this is still the lowest #s I've seen. Not saying your logic is not right, but still man that is a significant deviation from the #s posted here.
viurniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:13 PM   #20
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
PR is crazy humid so the numbers could be right due to that.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:31 PM   #21
viurniel
@viurniel

Drives: 19 ZLE A10, 15 2SS, 90 300ZXTT
I would be suspect of the fuel... also OP mentioned that the mechanic claimed that the car had knock...
viurniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #22
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post
PR is crazy humid so the numbers could be right due to that.
Could definitely be a variable, i remember a guy running a whipple there having issues at the strip and his combo would’ve blown folks away here!
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #23
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by most-wanted View Post
you couldn't be more wrong lol. Ah these comments make me cringe. Mustang dyno's read low period. Dynojets read higher. Its the delta you should be concerned with. A dyno is only a tuning device. If everyones make 25hp with an intake and you make 4 then and only then would I be worried about the car. Mustang dynos have always been called the heartbreaker dynos. Another reason why all these HP Gods wont dyno on one so they can impress their friends. Hope this clears it up. Its not the car, its the low reading dyno. Do the mods and mark the difference. Then if you feel its still low and just have to have that warm fuzzy in your belly run it again on a dynojet. I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours on dynos.
I absolutely agree with you, Mustang dyno always are lower, but 494 seems even low for a mustang dyno. But isn't this what I said, it is not the car.....it is the dyno.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #24
most-wanted

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
I absolutely agree with you, Mustang dyno always are lower, but 494 seems even low for a mustang dyno. But isn't this what I said, it is not the car.....it is the dyno.
agree. And here is another thing. And Im not saying this is the case here as it doesn't seem to be, but the mustang dyno can easily be manipulated or even programmed wrong to read hi or low. So people that want to show how hi there gains were will produce a low number pre mods and then after parts install etc will recalibrate it showing a higher than normal gain. Ive seen this done first hand. Its shady as hell. I guess best thing to do is run at another location. If its in PR hot and humid will definitely affect it. Being a 1/4 mile guy in the past I only used dyno's to calculate increase. Too many people want to see these huge numbers and then they go to the track and run stupid slow times and we all just sit back and laugh lol. Hope OP gets to the bottom of it.
most-wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:08 PM   #25
blackdemonzl1

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Well guys here are the numbers after the mods and tune. The car feels and run great.
Here is the video of the tune with the final numbers. Also I took the car to the drag strip and saw a 5mph increase from stock. I managed to race the car only two times so there is definitely room for improvement.
I'm not counting the 1/4mile time because I had a horrible launch and need more time to practice.

Anyway here is the video;
https://youtu.be/4LjKuuUcwxU
blackdemonzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 11:08 AM   #26
JonDaddy82

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe NFG M6
Great gains! I also had great gains from my intake/exhaust with secondary cat delete. I didn't get any tuning done however. Only I would have done different is throw in a ported throttle body while you where at it.
2018 ZL1 M6 <- Not Daily
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 12:02 PM   #27
Junkyardspecial

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Good little power jump, but still not sure why it sounds like your motor revs super slow. Maybe it is fuel who knows. But as long as youre happy thats all that matters.

Will buy your GoodYear Supercar 3R Take offs!
Junkyardspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 12:46 PM   #28
FoundNemo

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Has anyone dyno'd the secondary cat delete alone by chance before/after?
FoundNemo is offline   Reply With Quote