Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #57
OneWheelPeel

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS V6 Convertible
I don’t have any toys for my 2018 RS yet, but that is some good info on HPT, thanks!
OneWheelPeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:40 PM   #58
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Beard View Post
Hey all, im a 2018 colorado zr2 guy, lgz v6 with the 8l45... Im here to get info as the colorado crowd are sad mpg chasers.

Anyways, I have HPT on my truck with the TCM unlocked and tuned by peitz tuning. I eventually want the tcm retuned by will and the ecu when I make cat deleted down pipes.

Long story short on HPT and throwing codes. If you go to the HPT forum, they say that you MUST have internet connection when first loading HPT (downloading the stock tune, upploading the OS and then the new tune etc). It says it can (and will) show a couple connection errors or failures etc, and then it will finally work.
That happened on mine. Third time was the charm iirc

Last, and most important to the dead pedal etc. MAKE SURE YOU ARE RUNNING THE BETA VERSION of hptuner. I think its 4.4.4 beta now.
Beta seems to have the most complete stuff for the GenV GM stuff.

And then, if you are still having problems, open up advanced view and then do a side by side tune comparison. HP actually makes this easy at it will highlight whats different so you dont have to do a number search.

Im trying to think of what else...

Oh, Go back and make sure everything is plugged in, and that you dont have a low battery. Low batteries mess with the BCM and the ECU on the GENV something horrible. It will send things like the power windows into a tizzy where they wont roll all the way down, and you have to go through the manual reset every time you start the car.

Reminds me, I need a new battery for the suburban. It keeps resetting my xm radio stuff...
Well, I didn’t have that luxury. The manufacturer of my kit has apparently been sending out RTD flashers and not full HPT Suite devices.

I sent the same factory tune to Will at Overkill and he had it running like a champ that same day (as opposed to waiting two weeks with no solution from the manufacturer).
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:42 PM   #59
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCyphyr71 View Post
I tried emailing him on the 20th, but no luck. I haven't sent the TCM to HP Tuners yet, so I wasn't going to tune my transmission. Just the engine for now as I'm adding the 80mm throttle body and ported intake manifold. So I only sent him one file. The instructions said send two, but I'm assuming the second was the factory transmission tune that I also am assuming I can't read as the TCM is encrypted, correct? The instructions were written for the 2016 Camaro, as it is the only 6th gen that did not have an encrypted TCM.
I can’t really speak to that since I have a 2016 and don’t want to give you incorrect information or speculation. But I’m waiting to hear back too, I may send a friendly reminder message soon lol
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
Old 01-03-2020, 05:54 PM   #60
Red Beard
Instagram @redbeardfifty

Drives: Chevy colroado, Gmc yukon
oh sorry dgriff14. I was wondering how they did it. I had sent them a message saying I already had a mvpi2 and an unloced tcm, and asked if I could buy the kit with out the cost of the hp tuner credits and device.

I didnt realize it came with a different way to flash it. Sorry about that.

If you know someone with a mvpi you could always download both tunes and cross check them, if the new one isnt locked. But it seems that you have it sorted with Will. I wonder if he mentioned what the issue was?

I probably wont go s/c until I finish redoing my suspension.
Red Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:42 PM   #61
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
oh sorry dgriff14. I was wondering how they did it. I had sent them a message saying I already had a mvpi2 and an unloced tcm, and asked if I could buy the kit with out the cost of the hp tuner credits and device.

I didnt realize it came with a different way to flash it. Sorry about that.

If you know someone with a mvpi you could always download both tunes and cross check them, if the new one isnt locked. But it seems that you have it sorted with Will. I wonder if he mentioned what the issue was?

I probably wont go s/c until I finish redoing my suspension.
Yeah it’s working now, thank god. My car was down for 2 weeks in the meantime, and I kept overthinking it thinking I did something wrong.

But he didn’t mention, and frankly all that mattered to me was that it worked lololol
Old 01-30-2020, 01:03 PM   #62
Red Beard
Instagram @redbeardfifty

crap, I just got off the phone with a different person from edelbrock technical support. I was about to order their kit based upon the last tech support person who said they would either adjust the tune for my regearing and tires or send me an open copy since i have an mvpi2, licensed and credits and unlocked tcm and ecu.

Now it is "go find a tuner to build a custom tune from scratch".... lovely

So the order is on hold until I can find someone to tune the edelbrock s/c that isnt learning on my truck.... will @ overkill????
Old 01-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #63
mvp88

Drives: 16 2LT/RS Hy-Blue/manual/NPP/6PBrem
Quote:
crap, I just got off the phone with a different person from edelbrock technical support. I was about to order their kit based upon the last tech support person who said they would either adjust the tune for my regearing and tires or send me an open copy since i have an mvpi2, licensed and credits and unlocked tcm and ecu.

So the order is on hold until I can find someone to tune the edelbrock s/c that isnt learning on my truck.... will @ overkill????

Yes Will is gonna be your best bet for sure! Good Luck!
mvp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:08 PM   #64
Red Beard
Instagram @redbeardfifty

He got back to me. He is going to tune it. So now I need to put together a bit more funds. It will delay the purchase and install about a month and a half...maybe 2
Old 01-31-2020, 08:40 PM   #65
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:

Will is the absolute man. All the praise he gets on the FB groups and forums is well deserved
Old 01-31-2020, 10:24 PM   #66
Red Beard
Instagram @redbeardfifty

I have more communication with him than I do with the guy who tuned my ECU and TCM. I have second gear hold, meaning it is hesitant to shift into 3rd...
And I have been trying for ONE WHOLE YEAR to have the tuner fix it. Nope...

I have emailed, called, left messages, talked to people there to leave messages...even once got an email back from him saying he would look at it. Then nada.

I did once get an invoice for an mvpi2, 8 credits and tuning costs when I reached out to have him fix the tune.

Im done... Will is getting my money. (is he an edelbrock dealer? Wife wasnt horribly opposed to me ordering one when I mentioned it to her a few minutes ago. Dang, looks like the factory sale is over)

Tags
3.6l, babeh, mooo, powah, supercharger