Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 09-09-2017, 07:16 AM   #1
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Question for those who installed bmr toe rods.

Did your kit come with with replacement bolts for both the inner and outer toe rod bolt locations. I had to reuse all 4 stock bolts as the bolts that came with the kit were way to short to use on the inner toe rods. I have attached a picture of how i have the bolt installed on the rear of the vehicle. The second picture shoe how i currently have them installed with tge exception of not having the lockout washer installed behind the nut on the right. The first picture shows the really short bolt they sent me, that isnt long enough to install on the inner bolt location like there instructions state. Third pic just onstalled picture. Hoping bmr responds as there closed on eeekend and let me know if stock bolt is adequate for install until they send longer bolt. Also that bolt you guys sent me is shorter than the outer bolt too. Didnt use it as i figured it may be wrong bolt.
Attached Images

Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #2
Paully104
Novice Driver

Drives: 2016 2SS Silver
It's been a minute but they had an issue where my bolts were not sent with a part , may have been my toe rod. They might have given you the wrong bolts , I would wait for their response and use your stock bolts temporarily. When I didn't have the bolts I used the stock ones for a week no problem.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:56 PM   #3
bybcous

I just want to post a positive comment, my car is putting down the power alot better. I already had there springs, trailing arms, and control arm. I installed the toe rods and rear chassis brace today and there is a huge difference. I like it alot. Cant wait to see what track times show.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
Old 09-12-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Wanna find out as well these are on the "up next" list

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
bybcous,

I apologize for the delay in responding. We are still working without power after Hurricane Irma passed through. Please contact me tomorrow and I will get the correct hardware shipped out.

frank@bmrsuspension.com
813-986-9302 x114
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:57 PM   #6
bybcous

Gpt the parts today and i didnt call, thanks. Will peobaly install them this weekend if i wont need a realignment after.
DELIVERED 12/29/15
Old 09-21-2017, 09:21 AM   #7
BMR Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Gpt the parts today and i didnt call, thanks. Will peobaly install them this weekend if i wont need a realignment after.
10-4 glad you got what you need. I would definitely recommend getting an alignment once these are installed.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:05 PM   #8
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Sorry late to the party. I've got pretty much all BMR's stuff including toe rods. I actually called during install with the same question. It would be tough to use their bolts due to length. They said you could use the stock bolts and torque to spec.

The difference in the handling and launching is insane - its like a different car.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #9
BMR Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
Sorry late to the party. I've got pretty much all BMR's stuff including toe rods. I actually called during install with the same question. It would be tough to use their bolts due to length. They said you could use the stock bolts and torque to spec.

The difference in the handling and launching is insane - its like a different car.
If you are still using the stock bolts, contact me with your info and I will send you the correct hardware.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:43 PM   #10
bybcous

Bmr you guys sent the bolts awhile ago but without the nuts, i plan on changing bolts this weekend, should i reuse the stock nuts? Also will i need to get anpther alignment if i an just changing the bolts out and torquing back down to your recommended spec?
DELIVERED 12/29/15
Old 10-20-2017, 09:07 AM   #11
BMR Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Bmr you guys sent the bolts awhile ago but without the nuts, i plan on changing bolts this weekend, should i reuse the stock nuts? Also will i need to get anpther alignment if i an just changing the bolts out and torquing back down to your recommended spec?
Yes, reuse the original nuts on the new bolts, we do not provide new nuts in the kit. As long as you change the bolt out and do not adjust the length of the toe rod your alignment will not change.

Best Regards,