Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-20-2023, 02:16 AM   #1
DualSS

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS A10
For 2019+ Bose, are dash speakers the same channel as the doors?

For 2019+ Bose, are the dash speakers the same channel as the door speakers? Or do they have their own wiring?
Old 01-20-2023, 03:23 AM   #2
Justcruising

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

I do believe they have their own channel being its a Bose system you should have 9 because you also have a center channel in the dash.
Justcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:36 AM   #3
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Per the 1st pic in this post, they are on separate channels.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=29
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 03:01 AM   #4
DualSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justcruising View Post
I do believe they have their own channel being its a Bose system you should have 9 because you also have a center channel in the dash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
Per the 1st pic in this post, they are on separate channels.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=29
Cool, thanks. I'm trying to determine if I need a 8 channel amp or if 5 or 6 channels would cut it....
Old 01-23-2023, 08:51 AM   #5
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
You will want separate channels for each driver, as well as separate DSP for each. That way you can adjust time delay, crossover, and EQ for each since the needs will be unique for each. Luckily, you can use the stock wiring since it's separated out.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 03:38 AM   #6
DualSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
You will want separate channels for each driver, as well as separate DSP for each. That way you can adjust time delay, crossover, and EQ for each since the needs will be unique for each. Luckily, you can use the stock wiring since it's separated out.
Yeah, all that work has me trying to convince myself to like the Bose, but it's just not possible. The mod bug has already bit.....
Old 02-05-2023, 07:28 AM   #7
activeSS

Drives: Radiant Red SS 1LE & ZL1
What about just upgrading door and/or dash speakers? Something with more clarity?
Old 02-06-2023, 11:48 PM   #8
DualSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeSS View Post
What about just upgrading door and/or dash speakers? Something with more clarity?
According to my research the weak Bose amp would not be able to power 4 ohm aftermarket speakers properly so it wouldn't be much of an improvement. The holy grail is amplification thru means of an aftermarket amp combined with those aforementioned 4 ohm speakers.....
Old 02-07-2023, 07:55 AM   #9
gblaue

Drives: 2017 Bright Yellow ZL1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSS View Post
According to my research the weak Bose amp would not be able to power 4 ohm aftermarket speakers properly so it wouldn't be much of an improvement. The holy grail is amplification thru means of an aftermarket amp combined with those aforementioned 4 ohm speakers.....
Where'd you come up with that research? It can drive down to 2 Ohms.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:02 PM   #10
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblaue View Post
Where'd you come up with that research? It can drive down to 2 Ohms.
Stock amplifiers are severely over rated and barely have enough power to run the stock systems. That’s why the have terrible bass roll off built into the systems. The amp can’t push the system any harder. Adding an after market amp to the Bose system would probably yield better results than high quality speakers mixed in with the stock amp.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:04 PM   #11
DualSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblaue View Post
Well, sorta. As the designer of the amplifier, there are limitations that have to be dealt with. But, the statement that I was responding to was that the amplifier could not drive an aftermarket 4 Ohm speaker. This amplifier is capable of easily driving 2 Ohms on all output channels, and 1 Ohm by bridging output channels.

Back to your statement of how the amp can’t be pushed any harder. Not true. There is a lot more fire in the belly. There are many factors in what determines the system performance. The amplifier is way turned down with eq, compressors and limiters.

It’s what the car manufacturers wants, and what they are willing to spend.

What if I ask you to build me an aftermarket stereo for my car. Just amplifier and speakers. Must connect to the MOST or Ethernet-AVB bus, 10 channels amplified channels. 2x80W, 4x50W, 4x25W. 10 speakers. A DSP that can do 10 channels of 9eq stages, engine harmonic cancellation, engine harmonic enhancement, cabin noise cancellation, surround sound, phone conversation cancelllation and enhancement. Must meet 2000hours or 10 years of automotive quality requirement, meet the manufacturer’s validation requirement, FMVSS automotive safety standard requirement, CISPR-25 EMC requirements. It can’t weigh more than 3#. It has To be this small size.Oh yeah, it can’t cost more than $158. It takes a team of 40-50 electrical, software, mechanical, validation, EMC, manufacturing, quality, component, system, tuning, integration engineers to pull one project off in 2 years.

A car manufacturer, GM in this case, didn’t put their budget into the stereo, they put it into the power train and suspension.

Being an oem amplifier, with cost limitations, we are limited to 12V. Aftermarket amplifiers can employ boost supply’s to boost up to 25-35V to get more power. Boost supplies are big $$$$, take up big space, and add big weight in ferrite and heatsink. We do have systems where we boost, but those are cars with big budgets.

So, when somebody goes out and spends $600 on a NAV-TV for MOST or Ethernet AVB, $2000 on 2 4 ch amps, $700 DSP, and another $2000 on speakers and enclosures, I think $158 for the system in the car is pretty damn good. Especially, when the purpose of the car is to listen to exhaust roaring at 6600RPM.
I said "the weak Bose amp would not be able to power 4 ohm aftermarket speakers properly"
As far as what research I've done? Reading a bunch of threads on this and other forums. A couple articles here and there....
I've never claimed to be an authority on this subject, I'm not.
But you, as the designer of this amp would be the authority and you know the Bose amp's limitations and strengths. So tell us, how do we unlock all that hidden fire in the belly? It's ok if it blows up the Bose speakers, since we can just replace them with 2 ohm aftermarket ones, right?