Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-02-2023, 04:08 PM   #29
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Cleaned up the engine bay today. It was already pretty clean, but the underhood area was covered with dandelion seeds or something. Luckily they wiped right off with a damp cloth. Looks much better now.
Attached Images

RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 04:11 PM   #30
DamonZ28

Installed some black Trim Illusion door handle covers from American Muscle. I think they look pretty nice!
Attached Images

RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
Old 01-05-2023, 02:42 PM   #31
BDay33

Drives: '23 2SS 1LE - Rapid Blue
Those do look good! I wonder how they'd look on my Rapid Blue...

I need to wipe down my engine bay as well. I haven't touched it since getting it in Novemner.

1100 Order Placed at Dealership - 10/17/22
Found another in transit - placed deposit and cancelled existing order - 10/26/22
Picked up - 11/5/22
BDay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 04:25 PM   #32
DamonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDay33 View Post
Those do look good! I wonder how they'd look on my Rapid Blue...
Check them out on American Muscle. Lots of pics of them on Riverside Blue, I bet there are pics on Rapid Blue as well.

My Camaro Journal
Old 01-07-2023, 07:31 PM   #33
DamonZ28

Started polishing the car today, to get ready for a ceramic coating when the weather warms up a bit. Looks like the previous owner didn't do a great job of removing the bugs off the front bumper, so there were a lot of bugs etched in to the clearcoat. Got most of it removed on the front end. Noticed plenty of stone chips, more than I was expecting. So I'll be ordering a Dr. ColorChip kit to fix those. Still plenty of work to do, to get it ready for a coating. It's a lot of work!

Also installed a set of blue Dewhel Lift Pads from Amazon. Pretty easy to install, and I put some threadlocker on them too.
Attached Images

My Camaro Journal

Last edited by DamonZ28; 01-30-2023 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:23 AM   #34
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
I received the 3 month's complimentary subscription to Sirius XM starting today. It's for 3 months, so it expires in March. Not sure what good that's going to do me, since I won't hardly drive the car until March or April.

Have you tried Spotify? I pretty much only listen to music on it. Can create playlists. Also plenty of podcasts available

Nice car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ryanbabz71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 08:49 PM   #35
FirstTimeChevy23

Drives: 23 Camaro 2SS
Where did ya pick up those pinch weld supports?
FirstTimeChevy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:20 PM   #36
DamonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeChevy23 View Post
Where did ya pick up those pinch weld supports?
Amazon. https://a.co/8kekaCA

My Camaro Journal
Old 02-13-2023, 04:01 AM   #37
DualSS

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Will those work on 2019+? The listing says 16-18...
Also, that car is screaming for some window tint to match all the black accents. Haha
Old 02-13-2023, 06:11 AM   #38
DamonZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSS View Post
Will those work on 2019+? The listing says 16-18...
Also, that car is screaming for some window tint to match all the black accents. Haha
Yes, they work on my 2020.

Also, I do plan on doing tint. I hadn't really considered it until some friends mentioned it recently, and I agree, you all are right, it needs it!

My Camaro Journal
Old 02-14-2023, 08:43 PM   #39
DualSS

Quote:
Yes, they work on my 2020.

Also, I do plan on doing tint. I hadn't really considered it until some friends mentioned it recently, and I agree, you all are right, it needs it!
Word of advice on tint, I usually do limo tint (5 %) on all my cars, but on the Camaro you only need 15% because it's already a dark cave in there. For the windshield do at least 35%, it really helps against the sun's glare during sunrise and sunset.
Also, do you happen to have a picture of your amp wiring connections to the battery and ground?
I've seen a few different ones here on the forum and everybody does it differently.....
Old 02-14-2023, 08:55 PM   #40
DamonZ28

Quote:
Word of advice on tint, I usually do limo tint (5 %) on all my cars, but on the Camaro you only need 15% because it's already a dark cave in there. For the windshield do at least 35%, it really helps against the sun's glare during sunrise and sunset.
Cool, thanks for the tips on that. I don't know too much about tint, but picking up some tips here & there. I'm thinking I'll go with ceramic when I get it done.

Quote:
Also, do you happen to have a picture of your amp wiring connections to the battery and ground?
I've seen a few different ones here on the forum and everybody does it differently.....
Sorry, I don't. I was going to do it on Saturday, but I decided that nobody was probably interested anyway, so I put all the plastic push pins back in & put the plastic panel back in the trunk. Guess I should have done it! I honestly don't even remember exactly where I wired everything up.

My Camaro Journal
Old 02-14-2023, 09:25 PM   #41
DualSS

Quote:
Cool, thanks for the tips on that. I don't know too much about tint, but picking up some tips here & there. I'm thinking I'll go with ceramic when I get it done.

Sorry, I don't. I was going to do it on Saturday, but I decided that nobody was probably interested anyway, so I put all the plastic push pins back in & put the plastic panel back in the trunk. Guess I should have done it! I honestly don't even remember exactly where I wired everything up.
I'm interested!
On another note, its funny to see your 2020 next to the Z28. It's amazing how futuristic and aerodynamic the 4th gen still looks after all these years, the 6th gen looks like a bloated pig in comparison.
Old 02-15-2023, 09:14 AM   #42
DamonZ28

Quote:
I'm interested!
I'll have to open it back up and take some pics. It's getting a bit warmer out, so it's not so hard to get out there & do it. I know I would have appreciated more pics of setups, when I was looking for information to do mine.

Quote:
On another note, its funny to see your 2020 next to the Z28. It's amazing how futuristic and aerodynamic the 4th gen still looks after all these years, the 6th gen looks like a bloated pig in comparison.
I would agree with that! The funny thing is, the 6th gen is actually smaller, measurement-wise - it fits better in my garage than my 4th gen did. The early 4th gens, the 6th gens, and the early 2nd gens are my favorite-looking Camaros.

My Camaro Journal