Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-06-2023, 09:15 PM   #71
ZLRob

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
The JMS units are really well made for what they do. They just work and that's great considering a lot of items on the market these days have such poor quality control that they can't even perform their primary function well out of the box.

Love me some ethanol!
2017 Red Hot ZL1 A10 - Apex ARC-8's, 305/ 325 PS4's, DSX 9.06 12% Pulley, NGK HR7 Ruthenium spark plugs, Katech Oil Pump, LME tensioner, DOD delete, Cam, MPI lid, Soler ported 87mm (91mm effective) TB, Granatelli SS plug wires, Cordes LTR reservoir, DMS T-stat housing, Borla X pipe, AFe NPP exhaust, Black Widow Angry Housewife/ Venom 250 mufflers, BMR engine mounts, Banks iDash, Lithium Battery, Course Motorsports phone mount, AEM X- Series, HP Tuners, JMS, E85, 13.6 psi
737 HP/ 779 TQ

ZLRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:57 AM   #72
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
Are you able to see the "E" content with your i dash? and how long did it take you to get used to what percent of E to use VS premium etc?
Yes, iDash shows E content. It's honestly pretty easy. They make nice little phone apps for calculating ethanol content when you're starting out but after a while you get accustomed to where it will land. I'm usually in the 40-50% E range most of the time, but I'll typically fill it with 93 every other tank then mix E on the next fill when it gets to half a tank, so I'm always fluctuating between like 15-50%.
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:06 AM   #73
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Looks like this next step in my build will be put on hold....my tuner indicated that at MOST i'd be able to run is e20 with my Magnuson, since at the top end I was already starting to lose pressure. Not sure how some of you guys are running e40 and magnusons with just the JMS, but he mentioned he didn't want to take the chance of something happening catastrophically.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:15 AM   #74
ShockingZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Looks like this next step in my build will be put on hold....my tuner indicated that at MOST i'd be able to run is e20 with my Magnuson, since at the top end I was already starting to lose pressure. Not sure how some of you guys are running e40 and magnusons with just the JMS, but he mentioned he didn't want to take the chance of something happening catastrophically.
I have a 2650 on my a10 Zl1 and I also have the JMS installed and I can easily run e30+. Im at the bleeding edge at about e34, but down to e30 I have no fuel system issues. Low side good, high side good, injpw good and duty cycle all in the top of normal ranges.

E30 should be no problem as long as you have the JMS installed to help the low side. Without the JMS, I was running out of low side on just 93 with the maggie/93 pulley. No other mods.
ShockingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:23 AM   #75
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockingZ View Post
I have a 2650 on my a10 Zl1 and I also have the JMS installed and I can easily run e30+. Im at the bleeding edge at about e34, but down to e30 I have no fuel system issues. Low side good, high side good, injpw good and duty cycle all in the top of normal ranges.

E30 should be no problem as long as you have the JMS installed to help the low side. Without the JMS, I was running out of low side on just 93 with the maggie/93 pulley. No other mods.
That is truly what is confusing too me. But he is insistent that I would notice issues. Is my high side or my low side fuel pumps going bad already? He mentioned that adding a JMS is like boosting an 80W light bulb to 100W. Sure it will work but at what sacrifice for efficiency. Also mentioned he's always had issues with LT1-LT4 GM vehicles and adding boosters.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:27 AM   #76
ShockingZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
That is truly what is confusing too me. But he is insistent that I would notice issues. Is my high side or my low side fuel pumps going bad already? He mentioned that adding a JMS is like boosting an 80W light bulb to 100W. Sure it will work but at what sacrifice for efficiency. Also mentioned he's always had issues with LT1-LT4 GM vehicles and adding boosters.
Whomever your tuner is, should be replaced. There are loads of guys using the JMS with the LT1/4. They work perfectly and you are only upping the voltage to the pump from 15 to 17.3v. Its no big deal but it makes a huge difference for the low side. Then when the low side is pushing well, the high side gets better as well as the injectors.

I'd seriously get a second opinion from another tuner. Call Ted and JRE he will set you straight with about 40 years of tuning experience.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:43 AM   #77
clg82

Quote:
Whomever your tuner is, should be replaced. There are loads of guys using the JMS with the LT1/4. They work perfectly and you are only upping the voltage to the pump from 15 to 17.3v. Its no big deal but it makes a huge difference for the low side. Then when the low side is pushing well, the high side gets better as well as the injectors.

I'd seriously get a second opinion from another tuner. Call Ted and JRE he will set you straight with about 40 years of tuning experience.
I appreciate your input, looks like I'll need to do a lot more research before totally canceling this out of my build. How much boost are you pushing with the ethanol and magnuson?
Old 02-07-2023, 10:52 AM   #78
ShockingZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
I appreciate your input, looks like I'll need to do a lot more research before totally canceling this out of my build. How much boost are you pushing with the ethanol and magnuson?
Depending on DA, I see 14-15psi. I have tons of logs showing everything with e30.
Old 02-07-2023, 11:27 AM   #79
clg82

Quote:
Depending on DA, I see 14-15psi. I have tons of logs showing everything with e30.
Sheesh, I would love and try to work with Ted, but I wish there was someone local to so-Cal that I could just drop it off with and pick it up when it's done
Old 02-07-2023, 12:43 PM   #80
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Sheesh, I would love and try to work with Ted, but I wish there was someone local to so-Cal that I could just drop it off with and pick it up when it's done
Working with Ted's easy. Just follow his directions, and you'll be fine. He does all the work. You just drive (smoothly) and it will be fine.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:45 PM   #81
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Where in socal? Red barn racing is down in temecula, heard he's pretty good.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:13 PM   #82
clg82

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Working with Ted's easy. Just follow his directions, and you'll be fine. He does all the work. You just drive (smoothly) and it will be fine.
I would LOVE too, just don't want the added expense of buying an MPVI3, laptop, separate gauges etc.....yes i'm being cheap
Old 05-03-2023, 05:19 PM   #83
big dave

Drives: 2017 ZL1
This was a great thread and really helped alot with my installation. My only problem is I cant get the voltage to move during setup process. I've read the Janetty instructions, and even contacted JMS, but still no success. The voltage maxes out at 17.6 at wot.
'13 ZL1 BRM A6. 11.591 @ 119.2 factory stock with a 1.68 60'! Best stock mph 121.8. 11.29 @ 123 RotoFab, drag radials and skinnies. 4360# raceweight.
http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock
http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 06:39 PM   #84
ZLRob

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
This was a great thread and really helped alot with my installation. My only problem is I cant get the voltage to move during setup process. I've read the Janetty instructions, and even contacted JMS, but still no success. The voltage maxes out at 17.6 at wot.
Ideally you don't want more than 17.47V because after that, the pump usually starts running into cavitation issues and that winds up hurting you more than helping.
2017 Red Hot ZL1 A10 - Apex ARC-8's, 305/ 325 PS4's, DSX 9.06 12% Pulley, NGK HR7 Ruthenium spark plugs, Katech Oil Pump, LME tensioner, DOD delete, Cam, MPI lid, Soler ported 87mm (91mm effective) TB, Granatelli SS plug wires, Cordes LTR reservoir, DMS T-stat housing, Borla X pipe, AFe NPP exhaust, Black Widow Angry Housewife/ Venom 250 mufflers, BMR engine mounts, Banks iDash, Lithium Battery, Course Motorsports phone mount, AEM X- Series, HP Tuners, JMS, E85, 13.6 psi
737 HP/ 779 TQ

ZLRob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tms, xxx zl1