Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-12-2023, 08:54 AM   #15
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillysspeed View Post
we used to always just put a bigger intank pump in. Most recently on my 4th Gen I had 1 450 walboro in tank and then went turbo and added another. In this car people want you to add a lt4 in tank (don’t know rating) and then add a jms booster on top of that. Why not just do a 450 or 525 in tank?
To keep the voltage consistent to the FSCM. Gen 5 LT stuff has variable voltage system so the voltage to the fuel control module(FSCM or CCM depending on year) sees different voltages. Even if you did just a drop in larger fuel pump in the tank, I would still run the JMS. That way you can let the system work as intended under normal use but always ensure that the fuel pump gets the same voltage under wot. Now there are things you can do in the tune to lock the voltage at a fixed voltage but that wasn't how it was designed so I prefer to use the JMS for that reason.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 09:00 AM   #16
Sillysspeed

Drives: 98 Camaro
Ok that makes sense. Thanks for that answer
Sillysspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 01:10 PM   #17
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
To keep the voltage consistent to the FSCM. Gen 5 LT stuff has variable voltage system so the voltage to the fuel control module(FSCM or CCM depending on year) sees different voltages. Even if you did just a drop in larger fuel pump in the tank, I would still run the JMS. That way you can let the system work as intended under normal use but always ensure that the fuel pump gets the same voltage under wot. Now there are things you can do in the tune to lock the voltage at a fixed voltage but that wasn't how it was designed so I prefer to use the JMS for that reason.
Man I really appreciate you always being so generous with sharing tips and info.
It's really encouraged me to keep this build going
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 10:06 PM   #18
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Anyone ever seen a jms burn up a lt4 pump? All of a sudden my lowside is dropping pressure WOT when it was fine before at same boost level. Voltages are correct, as well as ramp in.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote