Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

AWE Tuning

Old 02-11-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
chrisvr6

Drives: suzuki
1LE lowered and in more colors (rendered previews)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Adams View Post
All great except for that 4x4 gap. It needs to be lowered immediately.
Attached Images

chrisvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:15 AM   #2
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike502 View Post
All and all just lower it a bit.
Agreed...incase you missed it, chrisvr6 Photoshopped a drop on this shot (and I raised the back back up a tad ). Looks awesome...first thing I will be doing to mine is lowering it. There better be MRC lowering springs by then. (Odd thing is the press photos show the car a little lower, I wonder if ride height isn't set yet?)
Attached Images

SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:15 AM   #3
chrisvr6

Attached Images

Old 02-13-2016, 10:45 PM   #4
DREWZ SS

Drives: 14 Camaro - 92 Corolla
whittteeeee
DREWZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #5
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
White?

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:49 AM   #6
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
If they did a Forest Green, I'd be in heaven...

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:12 AM   #7
63falcondude

Drives: 16 Camaro, 11 Stryker, 00 Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
If they did a Forest Green, I'd be in heaven...

--kC
Yes! Favorite color right there. That with Kalahari would be heavenly.

1100 12/14/2015
3000 1/8/2016 (TPW 2/1)
3800 2/1/2016
5000 3/5/2016
63falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:54 AM   #8
kevkon

Drives: 2010 Cobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Agreed...incase you missed it, chrisvr6 Photoshopped a drop on this shot (and I raised the back back up a tad ). Looks awesome...first thing I will be doing to mine is lowering it. There better be MRC lowering springs by then. (Odd thing is the press photos show the car a little lower, I wonder if ride height isn't set yet?)
This looks just about right to me.
kevkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:58 AM   #9
chrisvr6

cheated a bit
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2016, 12:11 PM   #10
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
It's obvious everyone complaining about the stock ride height on this car have never tracked much. The wheel gap is there for a purpose, most likely to keep the front splitter from busting into pieces or getting scraped beyond recognition after navigating a hill on a road course. Of course, like with the 5thGen, I suspect most people buying this car will only be doing so for the cool factor, not because they'll ever drive it as it was engineered for. Thus why they want that lowered stance. Looks good at the car shows and cruise-ins where they will talk about the cars track ability based on some magazine drivers review, not their own experience.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:21 PM   #11
Katastrophe

Drives: 2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX CVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
It's obvious everyone complaining about the stock ride height on this car have never tracked much. The wheel gap is there for a purpose, most likely to keep the front splitter from busting into pieces or getting scraped beyond recognition after navigating a hill on a road course. Of course, like with the 5thGen, I suspect most people buying this car will only be doing so for the cool factor, not because they'll ever drive it as it was engineered for. Thus why they want that lowered stance. Looks good at the car shows and cruise-ins where they will talk about the cars track ability based on some magazine drivers review, not their own experience.
Shots fired!

I tend to agree with you, though. While I do think the car looks better lowered, I don't give a rat's ass about the ride height of a performance car, especially if it's already been optimized for tearing up the track.

EDIT: Looking back...most of the 1LE's I did see where at shows, Haha. Tires and brakes had no signs of track/hard use, either...

Last edited by Katastrophe; 02-14-2016 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Meow...
Katastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:27 PM   #12
Katastrophe

Drives: 2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX CVT
Also, FWIW...the tire diameters aren't too far off, especially in the case of the rear.

The stock SS (or V6 1LE) fronts are 704mm compared to the SS 1LE's 680mm front diameter: 24mm

The rear's are much closer at stock SS/V6 1LE size of 700mm compared to the SS 1LE's 692mm. A difference of only 8mm.

The way I see it...lower tire diameter equals a free acceleration mod and a more favourable rake front to rear.
Katastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 02:16 PM   #13
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
True but a lowered car does have a much better center of gravity and cornering abilities.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #14
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
True but a lowered car does have a much better center of gravity and cornering abilities.
Correct. But GM engineered it with this ride height for a reason. That reason is likely because GM knows very few people buying this package will be tracking the car, therefore it will need to be able to serve as a daily driver that can navigate speed bumps and clear normal curbs without damaging the front splitter. Or maybe tire chains. There is a big difference between a car that is "track ready" based on content and one that is track intent.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote