Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-07-2022, 09:01 PM   #1
sstock6.2

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Question ABS, Power steering, other electrical issues

I have a 2013 2SS (~35k miles) with electric power steering, and can't seem to track down my electrical problems, and was curious if anyone knows any possible solutions. I will list the mods, the problems, and then what I have tried so far. This has been a issue since I reinstalled the motor (~1000 miles ago)

Overview
-2013 2SS Auto w/ tvs300 sc, stage 2 cam, LS3 conversion kit w/ AFM/DOD delete

Problems
-Main issue is power steering, ABS, BRAKE, stabilitrak lights (U0121)
-Remote start only works once after plugging and unplugging PCM
-Primary Radiator fans do not kick on, which causes 210F+ coolant temps at idle (even when it is 30F outside)
-Secondary radiator for supercharger coolant does not engage and the hoses hold no pressure
-Codes for o2 sensor high voltage
-Battery light has come on twice while driving, but goes away shortly after
-On decel and braking, the RPMs slightly jump up and down

Attempted Solutions
-Reset codes (obviously)
-Double checked all of the wiring harness grounds
-Replaced upstream o2 extensions, which had been burned on the headers (and what i thought would fix the issue)
-Tested battery
-Unplugged/Plugged every ABS connector multiple times
-Cleaned every power steering and ABS sensor

?Possible Solutions?
-Pull fuses (have not tested them yet, but I don't think they are the culprit)
-Bad ABS Module?
-Bad Alternator?
-Shot in the dark but I don't have AC so I left the AC belt off when I reinstalled the motor (only thing I can think that I did differently)

Any input or idea is greatly appreciated, I just feel totally out of ideas at this point, thank you!
sstock6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:14 AM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Likely still a bad ground, but could also be a damaged harness or bad battery. There are a few things in you problems that are likely not related. The fans won't come on until higher than 210 unless you have set them lower in the tune. Not sure what you mean by 2nd radiator not engaging, but typically the coolant pump will be wired to come on anytime the ignition is on.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:08 PM   #3
sstock6.2

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Likely still a bad ground, but could also be a damaged harness or bad battery. There are a few things in you problems that are likely not related. The fans won't come on until higher than 210 unless you have set them lower in the tune. Not sure what you mean by 2nd radiator not engaging, but typically the coolant pump will be wired to come on anytime the ignition is on.
I have a secondary radiator in the front of the car which seems to stay ice cold no matter how hot the primary mishimoto radiator gets, and the radiator in the front is for my supercharger coolant. I thought I remembered the fans kicking on early than 210, maybe around 190, but i could be wrong. Thanks.
sstock6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:13 PM   #4
gtstorey

Supercharger heat exchanger is a separate system from engine cooling and will not heat up as much as engine. If you aren't driving in the boost it really won't heat up at all.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:14 PM   #5
gtstorey

The tune may have been changed to cut the fans on sooner than stock.
Old 02-08-2022, 03:04 PM   #6
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
The tune may have been changed to cut the fans on sooner than stock.
Yea, most tuners will re-set the fan ON temps to a lower setting when they do a tune, especially if you do a cam swap, of FI. We did mine way back when the LT's were installed and tuned..