Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-08-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
To those with the aftermark HURST Shifter

Looking for pics of aftermarket shift knobs on the aftermarket Hurst shifter and where you got them. Im kinda looking for something possibly weighted as well. I know the MGW and Barton ones but i have the HURST so im strictly looking for pics of something nice with that setup. Show me what ya got.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #2
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
Looking for pics of aftermarket shift knobs on the aftermarket Hurst shifter and where you got them. Im kinda looking for something possibly weighted as well. I know the MGW and Barton ones but i have the HURST so im strictly looking for pics of something nice with that setup. Show me what ya got.
Hurst, MGW, Barton are quite widespread.

But I recently appeared as a Bowler.
...makes a nice shifter.

George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Check out TWMperformance.com. Its where I got my heavy Black Pearl Abrams series.

This is an old pic, taken right after I installed it. It still looks great and is not worn or chipping or anything. Very well made product, and on our Hurst shifters, its perfect... the added weight is exactly what these shifters need.

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:04 PM   #4
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
might be a stupid question but, why is a weighted ball needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Check out TWMperformance.com. Its where I got my heavy Black Pearl Abrams series.

This is an old pic, taken right after I installed it. It still looks great and is not worn or chipping or anything. Very well made product, and on our Hurst shifters, its perfect... the added weight is exactly what these shifters need.

Silver, where did you get you carbon fiber shifter surround?
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:24 PM   #5
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister10 View Post
might be a stupid question but, why is a weighted ball needed?

Silver, where did you get you carbon fiber shifter surround?
The heavier ball makes this notchy shifter shift like butter. It is so much smoother and feels so much firmer compared to the knob the Hurst came with.

I found this out on my own when I wanted to upgrade to a more 'silver' ball... I bought the satin one before I had this one, and I could immediately feel a much improved experience when shifting.

Others too confirmed as I began to notice and read up some more on heavier shift knobs.

As for my interior overlays, its the REMIN kit in Carbon Fiber bought at CARID.com;

https://www.carid.com/2010-chevy-cam...-26693657.html
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:57 PM   #6
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Speed dawg
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2019, 07:13 AM   #7
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Hurst<<<<MGW

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote