Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 05-08-2020, 08:41 AM   #7323
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
I do like the C8's. I saw and sat in one when they were touring dealerships several months ago. I know me and the base model wont do it.
I felt the same way as you in regards to waiting for the Z models but now I feel differently. I have 700 miles on my c8 and I can tell you the car is BadAss. Period. More YouTube vids are coming out showing dig races (the only kind in my opinion) with c7z-Hellcat-GT's and they are getting torched.... on the street
I plan on taking out my SS (with DR's on both cars) and taking a trip to Mexico soon for 1/8 testing. I honestly am not sure which one will be quicker, the launch control in the c8 is stupid efficient.

I'll post up that meeting and hopefully the tracks open up soon. I predict 10.5 NA without tuning support by fall.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:14 AM   #7324
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
I felt the same way as you in regards to waiting for the Z models but now I feel differently. I have 700 miles on my c8 and I can tell you the car is BadAss. Period. More YouTube vids are coming out showing dig races (the only kind in my opinion) with c7z-Hellcat-GT's and they are getting torched.... on the street
I plan on taking out my SS (with DR's on both cars) and taking a trip to Mexico soon for 1/8 testing. I honestly am not sure which one will be quicker, the launch control in the c8 is stupid efficient.

I'll post up that meeting and hopefully the tracks open up soon. I predict 10.5 NA without tuning support by fall.
Very interested in this!
How are you planning to get to 10.5 with no tuning?
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:21 AM   #7325
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
I predict 10.5 NA without tuning support by fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105
Tire, good air, magic East Coast tracks...

I got the impression that was a general prediction, as opposed to a personal goal...
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #7326
TheRealJA105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Tire, good air, magic East Coast tracks...

I got the impression that was a general prediction, as opposed to a personal goal...
This already happened with a shop car and they didn't even crack tens.

Deja-vu in the thread again
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/carl...ette-runs-10s/

Edit: 10.65 with Nitrous, DRs, and skinnys. No way anyone is getting a 10.5 NA untuned.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:54 AM   #7327
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
This already happened with a shop car and they didn't even crack tens.

Deja-vu in the thread again
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/carl...ette-runs-10s/

Edit: 10.65 with Nitrous, DRs, and skinnys. No way anyone is getting a 10.5 NA untuned.
I read the article and that is a nice et drop for a 50 shot!

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #7328
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
Very interested in this!
Without getting into specifics;

The 6th gen SS was advertised as a 12.3x car when it was first introduced, more than a handful of us ending up going 11.6 before tuning was readily used (it's well documented on this forum) . How many of us here remember the Stink the Mg6 guys made....paging New Moon...when some guys went 11.9x-12.0x factory stock, total denial lmao....it was a conspiracy/cover up across the country that guys could run quicker than a magazine time (they must be tuned) !

Chevy Dude just went 11.2x factory stock and that guy has zero drag racing experience imo at a S Carolina track?. DA couldn't have been great.

With the c8 having a factory wideband it may have the ability to auto adjust for some modding in closed loop and not throw it into limp mode.
Just going off my prior experience and citing the earlier math, I believe it is possible.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:12 PM   #7329
TheRealJA105

Quote:

The 6th gen SS was advertised as a 12.3x car when it was first introduced, more than a handful of us ending up going 11.6 before tuning was readily used (it's well documented on this forum) . How many of us here remember the Stink the Mg6 guys made....paging New Moon...when some guys went 11.9x-12.0x factory stock, total denial lmao....it was a conspiracy/cover up across the country that guys could run quicker than a magazine time (they must be tuned) !

Chevy Dude just went 11.2x factory stock and that guy has zero drag racing experience imo at a S Carolina track?. DA couldn't have been great.

With the c8 having a factory wideband it may have the ability to auto adjust for some modding in closed loop and not throw it into limp mode.
Just going off my prior experience and citing the earlier math, I believe it is possible.
I've stated this before too, in regards to this exact situation regarding your math. The C8 is not traction deficient in factory trim like the CA6 and every front engine rear drive car before it. Good traction and launching is where most of the gains have come from in these previous examples.

Read that article, Carlyle Racing is the tuning shop who did the test at a private track rental, in almost negative 1000DA, with a tailwind, and on the about best tire/wheel combo available. They mention with just a little more track heat they could have hit a 1.5x 60 ft, which would have got them to a 10.9, but would that have raised the DA enough to kill the top end and cancel out back to an 11.0? No one will ever know. I don't see any untuned bolt ons doing more than a 50 shot of nitrous. It's going to be a few hero runs in the 10s stock for the C8, just like the ZL1.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #7330
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:

Like guys accusing me of cheating and doing runs on jackstands because my near stock M6 was able to rip off sub 4.0 second zero to 60 times. I kept saying it ain't magic, learn to drive, lots of dudes will be doing it soon. Sure enough there are guys (even M6) that can do sub 4.0 stock to a few bolt ons. Somewhere between there I FINNALY got tired of all the slander and posted a youtube video of me ripping of several sub 4.0 0-60 times. Now we know it is old hat. GM rates the SS m6 at 4.2. I modded my car starting the first week I got it, so who knows if a completely stock M6 could do it? Point is, given proper conditions it is possible to beat factory times.

Congrats on the C8, I for one know that the high heel admin assistant in her new C8 will easily rip me a new one at any stop light nation wide. Got no pretense.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:11 PM   #7331
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The C8 will get into the 10s after more and more people get their hands on one and get out there. There is a lot going on in the world right now. So I wouldn't go expecting someone to be doing this right away. And without forced induction and limited power it might be more difficult than it will be in a GT500. But I do think it will get there soon. I mean, as if it has to. That car is a success whether it does so or not.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 05:40 PM   #7332
LESS1

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I said this before. Racing from a dig shows driver ability and how well the car puts the power to the ground. Racing from a roll tells you who has the faster car and how stable the car is.

I doubt most people actually do real roll racing. But 40 MPH is too low to start off for the faster more powerful cars out there. It might be good for NA vehicles or SUVs, but the higher powered cars need to start around 60-80 MPH. And you won't really see which is faster until you get over 120 MPH. Going from 40-80 or even to 100 won't tell you much.
LOL right. And this devolves to "paper racing". ??? Not sure what this is? Well you bring your dyno number/s and I'll bring mine and we can decide who has the faster car. A long time ago this was loosely called "bench racing" which involved at least two or more people deciding the best car and or driver without actually engaging in a race of any kind. I for one believe if you cant launch what you brought then take the loss like a man and do not make excuses. Period end of the story. And I know I'm not alone in this belief, just not shared universally these days like it once was.
LESS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 05:43 PM   #7333
LESS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Hope the tires are up to snuff, don't want to be a Paul Walker eh?
Right. Spend a few hundred $K on an exotic, toss it in storage for years. Retrieve from storage, maybe change fluids but not the original oem tires. Yeah, this was preventable and tragic.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:44 PM   #7334
LESS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Road racing = MMA
Drag racing = Boxing
Roll racing = watching the other two on TV
^Awesome I love it!
Old 05-09-2020, 05:47 PM   #7335
LESS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
C8 = Audrey Hepburn (I'm old)
SS = Kurt Russell in Escape from New York
Mustang = Rizzo on grease
Hellcat = Xena warrior princes
GT 350 = Cat Women
GT 500 = Queen Latifa
Zl1 = Gina Corona from Mandalorian.

I don't know why SS is a guy, he just is..
Mustang and GT500 that is classic... ROFLMAO thank you for the laugh oldman.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:28 PM   #7336
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LESS1 View Post
LOL right. And this devolves to "paper racing". ??? Not sure what this is? Well you bring your dyno number/s and I'll bring mine and we can decide who has the faster car. A long time ago this was loosely called "bench racing" which involved at least two or more people deciding the best car and or driver without actually engaging in a race of any kind. I for one believe if you cant launch what you brought then take the loss like a man and do not make excuses. Period end of the story. And I know I'm not alone in this belief, just not shared universally these days like it once was.
I do both so it doesn't matter to me. I see the validity in both. Racing from a dig won't tell you anything about which car is faster. We've already seen stock C8s go quicker than the GT500 in the quarter mile right? So is the C8 the faster car? No. Roll racing those two cars tells a completely different story. So if someone comes to the dealership and wants to buy the fastest car then the C8 would be the wrong choice. Some people want to feel those crazy top end pulls after all. And a C8 can't deliver that thrill like a Hellcat, Redeye, ZL1, or GT500 will even if it can beat them all in the quarter mile.

And anyone can race in any way they desire. It might not be someone else's cup of tea. But if folks wanna get together and bench race and if they enjoy that then who cares? Some people don't want to beat on their expensive car. That's their choice.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote