Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #15
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
"When you are looking to change your image then the best way ... is with what appears to be nonpaid promotion," said Christie Nordhielm, associate professor of marketing at the University of Michigan.

"You want to stay clear of advertising. The more that it steers toward product placement and you get the product appearing with the people you want to reach, the better off you are," she said. "For image change, there is really no other way to go."

I think they are talking about us in these two paragraphs... Think about it. Word of mouth is the best advertisment and gawd knows we could talk about it all day long to anyone that will listen.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #16
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
I think they are talking about us in these two paragraphs... Think about it. Word of mouth is the best advertisment and gawd knows we could talk about it all day long to anyone that will listen.
Isn't that the truth! All my workmates already know more then they wanted to know about the Camaro!
Old 02-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #17
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
Of course they're going to cash in... this is HUGE... for Ford too, Barricade is a little bastard, but a very cool car.
Ford isn't in the movie. It's a Saleen. He has the rights to modify the Mustang and/or use in the movie. Because technically it's not a Ford after he tinkers with it.
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #18
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejbyrd View Post
Ford isn't in the movie. It's a Saleen. He has the rights to modify the Mustang and/or use in the movie. Because technically it's not a Ford after he tinkers with it.

'Technically' or not, the public views it as a Ford Mustang whether it says 'Saleen' on it or not. And that is good for Ford.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Isn't that the truth! All my workmates already know more then they wanted to know about the Camaro!
+1 ... and I think they are sick of hearing about it or jealous I already ordered it.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #20
camaroconti@evs

Drives: still dreamin
how about a stingray logo:

camaroconti@evs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #21
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
'Technically' or not, the public views it as a Ford Mustang whether it says 'Saleen' on it or not. And that is good for Ford.
Or bad when people realize that Ford doesn't carry that 'type' of Mustang.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #22
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Nice find Cyn,

I told a co-worker of mine, who's a huge Transformers fan about the article, he's heading down to the Chicago Autoshow to check it out. I reminded him that he can sit in the SS and LS Camaros too.

We're all hyped here in Chicago, telling everyone that knows I'm getting one that they can sit in a couple this weekend.

Funny thing is, this co-worker is the one that had dragged a few of us to go see the movie and that's how I fell for the 5th Gen, never looked at another car since. So he tells me to thank him all the time.

Chicago... Let's roll ! (sorry Optimus)

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #23
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
No question that this movie (soon to be movies) has really helped GM, and Chevy in particular. All I know is that I cannot wait to see Bumblebee on the big screen again!
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:18 PM   #24
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejbyrd View Post
That makes me wonder if Saleen will take credit for bumblebee again. I doubt he would have any involvement after what he said last time. Plus their are way too many pre production cars now to paint up as Bumblebee. They didn't have that option in the original Transformers.

Saleen, this is for you:middlefinger:
Old 02-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #25
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I still think the GMC Truck is the sexiest lookin' truck I've seen in a long time...
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #26
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
No question that this movie (soon to be movies) has really helped GM, and Chevy in particular. All I know is that I cannot wait to see Bumblebee on the big screen again!
I think at least 1/8 of this forum is people who googled 2010 Camaro after the movie came out. I don't know if this forum has a database for when peeps joined, but I imagine there are a lot that joined then ordered a new Camaro. Just sayin...

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #27
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
I think at least 1/8 of this forum is people who googled 2010 Camaro after the movie came out. I don't know if this forum has a database for when peeps joined, but I imagine there are a lot that joined then ordered a new Camaro. Just sayin...
LOL... actually... that night I went home and Googled the new Camaro and my heart broke when I heard it was only a concept. And then I Googled and Googled for several late nights after and found this forum. I didn't join for a while, just read posts to get any info on this incredible concept. Then after reading enough posts from the 5th Gen (and previous Camaro) lovers, I had to jump in.

Been here ever since, almost everyday and certainly many late nights.

They targeted non-enthusiasts and they clobbered me with a crowbar, never been happier!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #28
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
I followed the Camaro from the beginning. I just later decided to join a forum. Glad I found this one more appealing. It's the best out there. Oh yeah, the Camaro has always been my favorite car. Just haven't been fortunate to own one.............yet.
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote