Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 09-03-2023, 07:39 AM   #15
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin

Drives: '24 VOM 1SS 1LE M6. 1 of 4
The only type of person who should be excited is some puddywhipped married guy with kids who has always wanted a hotrod but if wife will only approve of a family wagon with an automatic transmision.
Old 09-03-2023, 09:08 AM   #16
derekcastonguay

Drives: Lt1 riptide 6.2 manual
I wouldn't let a wife only approve of that. But even if someone were, 'an auto only family hauler' I don't have enough fingers to count how many other better alternatives there are than this. To be honest, I'm not saddened by the Camaros demise. I've had time to go through the 7 stages of loss, from denial, to acceptance. When this 24' is finaly in my driveway, I'll be grateful I finally made my dream(car) come true, then why give a hell what comes after. Be it EV or robotaxis. As long as the goverment realizes I'm giving my Camaro up over gunned down dead body............. Amen
derekcastonguay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 09:13 AM   #17
derekcastonguay

Whoops, somehow I missed the 'puddy whipped' reference! Oh jeeze
Old 09-03-2023, 09:30 AM   #18
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
well here are 10 reasons you should be...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/othe...354601b0a&ei=6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTie-Guy View Post
I just don't understand why they keep talking about a Camaro SUV. We already have the Blazer which has a lot of Camaro inspired design elements to it. Soon we'll have the EV Blazer SS, why would they need to make a Camaro EV SUV. It doesn't make any sense, but then again nothing GM has been doing lately makes any sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
To begin with that article is just a page full of ifs, woulds, coulds, might bes, and wouldn’t it be great ifs….. so there’s nothing to be excited about.

Secondly, the Camaro nameplate should die and remain completely, irrevocably, and indefinitely 100% dead if it does not come back as a 2 door sport coupe with 4 seats, a gasoline burning internal combustion V8 engine with NO hybrid or other alternative propulsion, and a true 3 pedal manual transmission as an option.

Anyone who thinks anything else about the Camaro is not a true fan nor do they understand what the truck a muscle car is.

I have no room for such negativity in my life
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
You have a non-enthusiast woman running the show at GM. So it's not a surprise that they would commit sacrilege by putting the Camaro name on a grocery getter, soccer mom mobile. GM never was known for making great decisions, where car enthusiasts are concerned.
That article is clickbait with half decent renderings and a whole lot of just straight-up unstudied bull$#!t thrown at the wall to see what sticks. As some of you may already know I retired from GM product planning several years ago so I do have a bit of insight into how they approach product. At this point, almost everything that was in the pipeline when I left has made it to the street (almost all…Zora) so yes there are things I haven’t seen, but I still understand how they think and make product decisions. The company I work for now does vehicle and powertrain forecasts. We do not have a Camaro SUV anywhere in the forecast. Blazer and Blazer EV have that spot covered. Corvette SUV? Yup. Actually, Corvette SUV is part of the reason Camaro has to end production in January. GM has to get the plant set up for Corvette SUV.

Somewhere in the clickbait article they talk about possibility for a Camaro Hybrid. There was. When I was still there. It was killed before I left and it ain’t coming back. The only hybrid(s) that will be left in the GM US portfolio are E-Ray and Zora. There are hybrids in China but they are funded by GM China for China. Period. And Camaro ain’t one of ‘em.

Mary is CEO (and a better performance driver than most of you would think) but GM’s President and Head of Product Development is a gearhead track rat and the reason there was a 5th Gen Z28 and a mid-engine C8. Yes, Tadge developed C8, but he couldn’t have done it without Mark Reuss green lighting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRifecta View Post
Corvette brand is also going to get an SUV, so not surprising. Not exciting at all.
Actually, the presence of the Blazer EV SS and the Corvette EV SUV are the two biggest reasons that there will NOT be a Camaro SUV, EV or otherwise. It would have to sit between Blazer EV SS and Corvette SUV. There’s not enough room there.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 09:37 AM   #19
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekcastonguay View Post
I wouldn't let a wife only approve of that. But even if someone were, 'an auto only family hauler' I don't have enough fingers to count how many other better alternatives there are than this. To be honest, I'm not saddened by the Camaros demise. I've had time to go through the 7 stages of loss, from denial, to acceptance. When this 24' is finaly in my driveway, I'll be grateful I finally made my dream(car) come true, then why give a hell what comes after. Be it EV or robotaxis. As long as the goverment realizes I'm giving my Camaro up over gunned down dead body............. Amen
Exactly.

To quote Charlton Heston: they’ll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 10:20 AM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
CLICKBAIT ALERT!!!

The only reason these articles exist is because they get re-posted everywhere.

Here's the latest email from today on the Blazer EV...

Name:  blazer EV.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  95.7 KB
Old 09-03-2023, 11:08 AM   #21
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
That article is clickbait with half decent renderings and a whole lot of just straight-up unstudied bull$#!t thrown at the wall to see what sticks. As some of you may already know I retired from GM product planning several years ago so I do have a bit of insight into how they approach product. At this point, almost everything that was in the pipeline when I left has made it to the street (almost all…Zora) so yes there are things I haven’t seen, but I still understand how they think and make product decisions. The company I work for now does vehicle and powertrain forecasts. We do not have a Camaro SUV anywhere in the forecast. Blazer and Blazer EV have that spot covered. Corvette SUV? Yup. Actually, Corvette SUV is part of the reason Camaro has to end production in January. GM has to get the plant set up for Corvette SUV.

Somewhere in the clickbait article they talk about possibility for a Camaro Hybrid. There was. When I was still there. It was killed before I left and it ain’t coming back. The only hybrid(s) that will be left in the GM US portfolio are E-Ray and Zora. There are hybrids in China but they are funded by GM China for China. Period. And Camaro ain’t one of ‘em.

Mary is CEO (and a better performance driver than most of you would think) but GM’s President and Head of Product Development is a gearhead track rat and the reason there was a 5th Gen Z28 and a mid-engine C8. Yes, Tadge developed C8, but he couldn’t have done it without Mark Reuss green lighting it.

Actually, the presence of the Blazer EV SS and the Corvette EV SUV are the two biggest reasons that there will NOT be a Camaro SUV, EV or otherwise. It would have to sit between Blazer EV SS and Corvette SUV. There’s not enough room there.
Sorry, just have to say it…
What is the point of an SUV version of a vette?
Old 09-03-2023, 11:13 AM   #22
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
No, I’m not.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 05:34 PM   #23
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Sorry, just have to say it…
What is the point of an SUV version of a vette?
Competitive necessity. Every Supercar company has or will soon introduce an SUV. In order of photos. Bold means it’s on the streets now. Porsche Cayenne and Bentley Bentayga have been around for a while, but the recent introductions of the Lamborghini Urus and Ferrari Purosangue have really heated up the segment.

Lamborghini Urus
Porsche Cayenne
Aston Martin DBX 707
Ferrari Purosangue
Corvette SUV (rendering)
McLaren SUV (rendering)
Maserati Grecale
Bentley Bentayga
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 09-03-2023, 06:45 PM   #24
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Here's the latest email from today on the Blazer EV...

Attachment 1135428
https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ?si=KCuD9THBxG7Thz1C

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 05:50 AM   #25
derekcastonguay

Um, just curious, can someone explain why this thread disappeared from my general forum list? I had to type 'are we excited' in the Google home search bar just to find it. What gives?
Old 09-04-2023, 09:31 AM   #26
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
With the Blazer already existing and taking the buyers any Camaro SUVs would have, the only way I see a Camaro SUV exisiting is if they take the Blazer and rename it.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 09:36 AM   #27
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
With the Blazer already existing and taking the buyers any Camaro SUVs would have, the only way I see a Camaro SUV exisiting is if they take the Blazer and rename it.
Not likely. Believe it or not, Blazer has more name recognition.

Camaro has more passionate followers, but Blazer crosses so many different interest areas.

Old 09-04-2023, 11:57 AM   #28
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Not likely. Believe it or not, Blazer has more name recognition.

Camaro has more passionate followers, but Blazer crosses so many different interest areas.
Didn't say they would do that, just that's the only way I see a Camaro SUV happening.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote