Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-27-2021, 08:50 AM   #155
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
The only thing better now than then is the high technology. Everything else sucks compared to then.
Wrong.

Cars are far better today structurally, and not just where crash safety is concerned. They're faster, corner better, stop better, and get better mpg even though they're a bit heavier.

If anything, today's insistence on ever more "high technology" and ever-bigger infotainment touchscreens are the main things about today's cars that do suck, and I'm kind of surprised that as an apparent fan of cars from "back in the day" you don't think so as well.

Norm
Old 01-27-2021, 10:03 AM   #156
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Wrong.

Cars are far better today structurally, and not just where crash safety is concerned. They're faster, corner better, stop better, and get better mpg even though they're a bit heavier.

If anything, today's insistence on ever more "high technology" and ever-bigger infotainment touchscreens are the main things about today's cars that do suck, and I'm kind of surprised that as an apparent fan of cars from "back in the day" you don't think so as well.

Norm
Yeah getting nuts on the tech. I like what I have in my 2021 as my 2012 is ancient in comparison. However, it is all the tech that breaks down the most as there is so many computers etc
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:11 AM   #157
Wildcard

Drives: Chevy Chevelle SS & Camaro SS 1LE
The visibility isn’t “Bad”… but it is an acceptable trade-off given the awesome aggressive looks and performance of this sports car. And the tremendous bang for the buck. (This is coming from a guy that drove a Ferrari F430 for years)

Only problem I really have is constant fear of scratching wheels on the right side on curbs. Pulling into parking spaces. The problem is mitigated on the left side, by rolling the window down, and sticking your head out and watching the vehicle progressing to the parking space. Like one of the other members here posted, you almost have to plan ahead your exit strategies.

Other than that, slam on the noise pedal and listen to the glorious sounds coming out the back.

PS: I’m actually really impressed with the placement of the rear view mirrors and how well those little things really do work! Well done GM!
Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:43 AM   #158
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
... fear of scratching wheels on the right side on curbs. ...
I hit a curb with the right front wheel the first week I owned it. Touched it up with a flat black spray paint. No issues.

When you first start driving it, you think the visibility "isn't great", but after a few weeks the issue disappears. On the road I drive with the seat all the way down in its lowest position. I've gotten in the habit of raising it up before entering my garage. Don't think I've ever parked it next to other cars.

I drove GTR for the previous seven years. They had larger mirrors and a bit better overall visibility.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 09:24 PM   #159
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecks24 View Post
I don't get all the hate regarding the visibility in the Camaro. Granted I am new to the car, I don't get it. Every single video I watch, they talk about the bad visibility. The only thing I can see would be the high dash, but I like it. I feel like I'm sitting "in" the car. My dad has a mustang and I don't notice a real difference, at least not enough to complain about it. If I wanted a panoramic view I would have bought a minivan. I guess maybe I am the the right height? I a 5'10 and 180 pounds. I feel like the car fits me. Now my wife is shorter, but then its only the front dash and when going over a hill she kinda has to lean forward to see...lol. Just ranting....

Its circular fake news. Somebody starts the news and the haters jump on board. Its like the fake news on all the network and cable TV today. Sure the A pillars are thick and limit peripheal vision, but I have been in other cars that have the same effect. Put round spot mirrors on each side mirror and there is no issue on the sides or rear.
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 09:27 PM   #160
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Wrong.

Norm

But they don't ride a smooth. Older cars, especially the luxury cars were like sitting on your living room sofa floating down the road. Its the ride we liked. We didn't care much about corners.
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 04:01 AM   #161
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
A mustang Definitely has more visibility. Once you get use to the Camaro and actually turning your head though not a huge problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 04:18 AM   #162
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper the friendly G View Post
But they don't ride a smooth. Older cars, especially the luxury cars were like sitting on your living room sofa floating down the road. Its the ride we liked. We didn't care much about corners.
FYI...Norm passed away
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 09:34 AM   #163
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
I still remember what the first several drives were like: Loving the car, but can't see over the hood lines to figure out exactly where the outer edges of the wheels and front bumper/spoiler are.

Over time my brain has figured out where the left and right edges are. The front however, remains elusive......
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 09:59 AM   #164
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Out Look

I've been away from Camaros for a year and finally back in a beautiful new LT1. Strange stuff considering that many who don't have one complain about the visibility. I have been watching car programs for years and some of the builders of the worlds greatest show cars chop the tops off as the first step in building the car and many if not most are extreme chops. I think the visibility is great in my Camaro and wouldn't change it if I could...and I didn't have to pay Chip Foose a hundred grand to chop it...lol.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 10:32 AM   #165
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
idiot mustang drivers.it's about the only thing they can come up with. because they drive utter pos cars they claim you cant see out of our cars lol.
it's a joke tbh. i never had problems in any shape or form. and i've been driving non stop since 1980 and covered over 3 million miles.
Old 02-24-2023, 10:34 AM   #166
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
A mustang Definitely has more visibility. Once you get use to the Camaro and actually turning your head though not a huge problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maybe. but after driving our amazing cars then hop in an s550 it feels like you're sitting up in the air being bounced about all over the cabin lol.
utter pos cars those things. sooner take the bus
Old 02-24-2023, 10:57 AM   #167
haggler

Drives: '23 2SS RSblue 6MT, sold '19 ND2
Coming from a miata I was used to the seating position in the camaro. The visibility is just as bad with the top up in those but your footprint is so small it doesnt matter. I've driven multiple sports cars, the seating position and visibility is similar where you're down low towards the front. With the Mustang its basically like sitting high up in a two door sedan with a v8, so the visibility is similar to my kia.
With the mirrors adjusted you see 98% of everything. Most of the problem is on the passenger side. If i had a 1SS/LT1 I'd just get the blind spot mirrors and you'd be fine. Or give it the beans and pass whoever is next to you.

5-6-22:1100,
7-19-22: 3000,
8-3-22: TPW 8/15/22,
10-4-22: ETA 10/13/2022
10-15-22 6000
haggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 11:37 AM   #168
Wildcard

Drives: Chevy Chevelle SS & Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I hit a curb with the right front wheel the first week I owned it.
That's EXACTLY what I did on the 3rd week of ownership! LOL
There's a little bit of a learning curve to the 1LE. 5 months later, I'm getting it down. Love the car. Definite KEEPER, especially if there will not be a 2024 Camaro.
Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote