Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-07-2021, 12:22 AM   #99
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Another factor to consider is the price point. They are basically not even in the same segment, whereas before one could argue that they were at minimum dangerously close to competing...it really is not the case now. Considering the release of the new LT1, you can get into a big V8 Camaro for what, high $20k's? The "entry" C8's I believe go for at least $60, I'm thinking mid-$60k's. The Corvette sales surpassing the Camaro may not be a definite sign of doom, because the Camaro has it's place.

What about for the Camaro line making the price a lot cheaper? What I mean is like you have the 2ss with the leather, the gadgets, fancier interior etc, BUT have a Z28 line with the same engine BUT more like how the interior of the c4 Z28 bare bones plastics, more bare bones than the LT1. Just performance breaks and the powerful engine.

Personally I think the base model Mustang GT and LT1 are still a bit overpriced.

If Chevy could design a C7 z28 camaro like a 1999 z28 bare bones and then sell it for cheap I think sales would be outstanding.

I think a lot on this forum for example being performance car guys could go for a bare bones car. Lighter, cheaper and built for performance. Many on here seem to favor performance over gadgets anyway. Use the extra savings to mod away.

Really I think price scares some away too. When you have convertible 2ss going for upwards of 55k.

I bought a used 2016 2ss that has all the gizmos on it except sun roof and MAG ride for $31,200 If Chevy made a stripped down one and it was a lot cheaper I would have jumped all over it.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:18 AM   #100
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
If you're referring to the 6 Gen Camaros, I would have to disagree. Many of those models are made from cheap of the cheap. I've been in and/or driven MANY. I'm not saying that they don't make any nicer vehicles, but there is a difference between appearing "nice" at first glance, and actually having a quality build. I don't find a 2SS (or higher) interior to be too bad at all, considering the segment that is in..at that price point. Honda has dang good products, whether it is vehicles, ATV's, or motorycles..and I am a big supporter of Toyota.
The hard plastic dash is unforgivable on it's own in the Camaro. GM styling and interiors haven't been great since the early 70s.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:01 AM   #101
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
The hard plastic dash is unforgivable on it's own in the Camaro. GM styling and interiors haven't been great since the early 70s.
Yes, yes and yes. Frankly, the main reason that muscle cars haven't been on my radar until reason years is because the interiors absolutely suck. This goes for Mustang's and Camaro's in particular. I couldn't live with paying for or driving something with an interior like that.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:12 AM   #102
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
The 1998-02 F-body dashboard was the worst in the history of both the Firebird and Camaro. It was one complete expanse of cheap, hard, shiny monochrome dull gray plastic with big, poorly fitting knobs and buttons for all the controls.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:33 AM   #103
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Personally, I disagree. I bought a Camaro because the Corvette is lower slung than what I want. I couldn't care less about the back seat for people...
You're recommending the Camaro leave the pony car segment? It's currently the best of the three but doesn't sell as well. Marketing is a large problem at GM and in an interview with Autoline after hours Bob Lutz declined to comment on this. Good podcast that everyone should listen to (from August I believe).
Complaining that a 2 door sports car sits too low to the ground is ridiculous.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:42 AM   #104
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
You're recommending the Camaro leave the pony car segment? It's currently the best of the three but doesn't sell as well. Marketing is a large problem at GM and in an interview with Autoline after hours Bob Lutz declined to comment on this. Good podcast that everyone should listen to (from August I believe).
Complaining that a 2 door sports car sits too low to the ground is ridiculous.
When did I make that suggestion? I specifically stated that the Corvette is lower to the ground that what I personally wanted.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:42 AM   #105
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Clever, but what a mess that would be. People can't keep the naming of things straight as it is...and lets not talk about spelling lol.
111 references to camero on this site. The people have spoken.
Attached Images

kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:44 AM   #106
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
It's a very good question of what you'd give up? To get what you want, at a price that works. If there was a large nice-ity gap in 1 and 2/3 level trim, I'd take a no-frills #1 easily.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:01 AM   #107
detamble13

Quote:
When did I make that suggestion? I specifically stated that the Corvette is lower to the ground that what I personally wanted.
I suggested there was already a two door car in the chevy lineup with two seats. You said "the Corvette is lower slung than what I want". That's when.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:08 AM   #108
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
ok, ok... back on track, keep it civil

I want basically the same thing as it is now. I want a "light", front engine, RWD, "powerful" V8, convertible, manual with enough nice things to make it a DD., even if it is level 2 or 3 like it is now.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:22 AM   #109
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Would the Camero be the lower-slung one, or the Camaro?
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:38 AM   #110
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
I suggested there was already a two door car in the chevy lineup with two seats. You said "the Corvette is lower slung than what I want". That's when.
You might want to go back and read the posts with the context around them...

Your conclusion is incorrect, and kind of a leap.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:20 PM   #111
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Them to consider more people opinions than current Camaro owners.

If I can't chuck my son in the back seat, I won't buy it. It shouldn't be a daily driver family car, but if it's not something the family can enjoy in Saturday night they failed.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:45 PM   #112
detamble13

Quote:
You might want to go back and read the posts with the context around them...

Your conclusion is incorrect, and kind of a leap.
You might be right and I shouldn't have been salty with my words.
Without back seats I couldn't own my Camaro. I'm just saying that by removing them the car moves into another segment and would compete with their own Corvette. I would like nothing more than a replacement for the Pontiac Solstice or Saturn Sky but the majority of the buying public is moving towards CUV's and SUV's. The Camaro needs a back seat.