Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-08-2021, 09:23 AM   #155
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I do think there is a difference between Z/28 and Z28.
there's not , there's really not. the 1970 droppd the slash and it was a s better car, and there was no one in 1982 that thought 'oh this doesn't handle as well as a 69' did' . Third gen suspensions were as soft as a baseball bat against the spine
Old 01-08-2021, 09:32 AM   #156
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I do think there is a difference between Z/28 and Z28.

There's not. No one at GM said "We shouldn't use the slash because it's not a road course car.". Come on.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:34 AM   #157
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
How about IROC or a Berlinetta!
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:07 AM   #158
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
How about IROC or a Berlinetta!
But, yes yes to the Berlinetta.
Attached Images

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:43 AM   #159
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Here's what I'd like in a 7th gen

- Better trunk opening. Doesn't need to be a full hatch but make the opening itself bigger and more useful. The car has the trunk space you just can't get to it.

- All-season performance tire option for all SS trims, in SS sizes (like the base C8)

- 1LE should be Z28. Just a name change but I think it would help with name recognition. Z28 is a strong brand name and is not doing Camaro any favors right now.

- 360 Surround view cameras optional

- BSM and rear cross traffic alert at least optional on all trim levels

- LT2 with a manual optional

- Easier stealth mode operation

- Do away with the double hump instrument cluster cover.

- Improve interior storage space. Make a functional and convenient place for wireless phone charging.

- Less weight would be great but not if adds a lot of cost
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:45 AM   #160
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I get it but the Z/28 has been a non road course car for far longer than it was available with that use in mind. In all honesty, the Z/28 as a road course focused package isn't needed when you have a 1LE package available on different trims.
Neither the Z/28 nor the Z28 was ever a base model. They always had a bigger helping of road course competence than the base or, say, Berlinetta trims. It would be wrong to demote Z and 28 (with or without the slash). Doing so wouldn't mean anything to the people who may have heard of the nameplate but don't know or care about the history, and it would dilute the meaning of the nameplate for those who do.

Norm
Old 01-08-2021, 11:50 AM   #161
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
A V8, rear wheel drive, a manual option, at least 500 hp, higher quality interior, bigger trunk opening, better sound system, better sheet metal fitment.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:59 AM   #162
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
This thread would be better info, if people would post what more specifically they'd want in a next gen Camaro (dump the T4 & 3.6 for a maxed-cube 4.3 block base engine). And not what they think works in the market, or what they think GM wants to offer.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 01:48 PM   #163
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
They had exactly what you want. The SS sedan. 5th Gen Camaro SS chassis under a 4 door sedan with a large trunk. Available with a 6 speed stick too!
I know, guy on my softball team has one. Absolutely loves it. Didn't need a car when they were for sale new and used ones pricing is way higher than I would want to spend on a used car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
I agree that there is and needs to be a "line" as described. However... The manufacturer should not be the one that gets to move that line. The Camaro was always capable of carrying passengers in the back seat. That quality has been changed by GM and SOME buyers accepted it and bought the car anyway. But, they've also lost customers because they changed a fundamental aspect of the car.

I don't want a family car that's sporty - I had that with my TL. And, while I personally do not need a sports/muscle car that can be used as a family car, I can see where providing usable rear seats (like always) opens the market up for GM and increases sales. The Camaro is not the Corvette and doesn't have the same market. But, the way that it's designed, it also no longer has its original market.
This ^ Not saying make it a family hauler, just make it as accessible as Mustang is.

Camaro is not the corvette. Camaro is not just a sports car. 60-70% of the volume is from the non performance oriented trims. If people want the camaro to stick around it has to have a broader appeal than just the track rats

Quote:
There's not. No one at GM said "We shouldn't use the slash because it's not a road course car.". Come on.
Thank god I am not the only one who feels that way lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:34 PM   #164
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
The only thing in this list that is not feasible is getting away from the xLT trim names. GM never should have introduced the LT1 trim name in the first place. GM has commonly put the trim level NUMBER in front of the NAME (1LT, 2LT, 3LT, 1LS, 1SS, etc.) as it breaks with their existing convention. It should have either been something entirely different, they should have changed the SS trims to include a 3SS (today's 2SS), or they should have introduced it as something like a 2LT w/ SS package or something.

No, they shouldn't be. But, with the drop in starting price for the C8, they now are.

You're talking a good $20k additional to get into a new C8 vs a new 2SS; I wouldn't call them competitors.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:39 PM   #165
az4783054

Drives: SWXXZL1
I'd want an automated teller in the trunk, filled with cash
Old 01-08-2021, 02:44 PM   #166
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Neither the Z/28 nor the Z28 was ever a base model. They always had a bigger helping of road course competence than the base or, say, Berlinetta trims. It would be wrong to demote Z and 28 (with or without the slash). Doing so wouldn't mean anything to the people who may have heard of the nameplate but don't know or care about the history, and it would dilute the meaning of the nameplate for those who do.

Norm

The base V8 Camaro from 1993 to 2002 was a Z28. You're not diluting anything by calling the 7th gen base V8 a Z28 or Z/28.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:29 PM   #167
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
You're talking a good $20k additional to get into a new C8 vs a new 2SS; I wouldn't call them competitors.
While they shouldn't be considered competitors, they 100% are. If you similarly outfit a 2SS Camaro against a 2LT Corvette, you get similar HP/weight ratio number (the Corvette is better, but not by a huge margin) and very similar features overall. And, once you accept that the Camaro would be over $50k for a convertible, the Corvette is a very tangible competitor in that space.

Similarly, if you're looking at a ZL1 Camaro, the price is very much on par with a 2LT Corvette although some of the performance numbers of the Camaro are actually a little better on paper. For the same money, many will go to the Corvette.

GM created a problem by dropping the entry point for this new generation of Corvette in that they have two cars with a much wider crossover audience. If you're focused on buying the Camaro in one of the V8 trims, why WOULDN'T you also consider the Corvette?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:47 PM   #168
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
The base V8 Camaro from 1993 to 2002 was a Z28. You're not diluting anything by calling the 7th gen base V8 a Z28 or Z/28.
Loved my 2002 Z28 stripper
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote