Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-07-2021, 01:51 PM   #113
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
A track oriented offering that’s 3300lbs, 500+ n/a hp, and CC brakes.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:59 PM   #114
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Them to consider more people opinions than current Camaro owners.

If I can't chuck my son in the back seat, I won't buy it. It shouldn't be a daily driver family car, but if it's not something the family can enjoy in Saturday night they failed.
This guy gets it ^

No ones saying it needs to be able to handle picking up a 4x8 sheet of plywood on home depot trips, but it needs to be better at being a car first.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:06 PM   #115
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
This guy gets it ^

No ones saying it needs to be able to handle picking up a 4x8 sheet of plywood on home depot trips, but it needs to be better at being a car first.
I respectfully disagree. The Camaro is not a family car nor should GM make it convenient for families. It's a muscle car. If it wasn't a unique, fast, great-looking muscle car, I wouldn't have one. That's why they make different types of models, because different people have different needs. I'm 52 and waited this long for a car like this because it wasn't feasible for my life when raising a family. Now, it is and I'm loving it.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:07 PM   #116
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
When did I make that suggestion? I specifically stated that the Corvette is lower to the ground that what I personally wanted.
I like how low the Corvette is, but it's also kind of annoying to scrape everywhere you go. Never had this issue in the Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I have to disagree here. If a plastic dash saves money for a great looking and performing car, I'm all for it. The cars are already expensive. Other than when you clean, do you guys touch your dash that often? I don't understand the obsession with making the car even more unaffordable for fancy things I'll never touch.
Yeah, I agree with you here. This is a pony/sports car, not a Grand Tourer.

Sure, I joke about the interior now and then, but in reality, I am just fine with it.

As I mentioned earlier, cars with nicer interior with the same price will sacrifice a lot when it comes to performance. A BMW/MB/Audi that's comparable in terms of price with a Camaro SS will be left in the dust when it comes to going fast.

Find a new car that's similarly priced to a Camaro SS, can perform just as well with a much nicer interior.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #117
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
I respectfully disagree. The Camaro is not a family car nor should GM make it convenient for families. It's a muscle car. If it wasn't a unique, fast, great-looking muscle car, I wouldn't have one. That's why they make different types of models, because different people have different needs. I'm 52 and waited this long for a car like this because it wasn't feasible for my life when raising a family. Now, it is and I'm loving it.
Then I suggest enjoy your sixth gen as the Camaro nameplate rides off into the sunset again. Why do you think Camaro sales have taken the hardest hit compared to Challenger(which is ancient in terms of car age) and Mustang? It's because as a car its the worst out of the three. I didn't say make it a family hauler, make at least as accessible as Mustang. When I had my mustang I could put my golf clubs, softball bag and a bunch of other shit in the trunk without having to fold the seats down(which now with a kid is an even bigger deal)

Camaro V-8 sales only make up 30-40% of the vehicles sold. That means the other 60-70% comes from the lower trims. the trims where performance advantages won't outweigh inconveniences like comical trunk openings or poor visibility.

I would love to be able to consider a Camaro when my lease is up in November. I can't though and that makes me mad because of some
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:28 PM   #118
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
You might be right and I shouldn't have been salty with my words.
Without back seats I couldn't own my Camaro. I'm just saying that by removing them the car moves into another segment and would compete with their own Corvette. I would like nothing more than a replacement for the Pontiac Solstice or Saturn Sky but the majority of the buying public is moving towards CUV's and SUV's. The Camaro needs a back seat.
I agree that making it a straight two-seater coupe would change its market segment and GM has no use to compete against itself any more than it currently is. The drop in starting price for the Corvette has made it a very viable option for those that have/had been eying a higher-end trim on the Camaro. So, it's further creating sales losses for the Camaro.

For me, I don't need the back seat. So, a Corvette would have been an option for me if I were able to maneuver into and out of it more easily. Even with the Camaro, I sometimes strain a longer-term injury in my knee if I don't get out of the car the correct way. I don't want to see the Camaro sit any lower than it currently does for this reason.

Quote:
No, it is not a "family car", at least not in the sense that most of us would think of a family car. It's not built to take 3-4 people and all of their belongings across the country on a two week road trip vacation. But, for those WITH a family, a functional rear seat is really a necessary thing. Hence why many opt for the Dodge vehicles which are overall larger and have a back seat with actual legroom.

The Corvette was never intended to carry more than two people. So, it's "no harm / no foul" that it is still that way. With the Camaro, however, having a back seat should continue providing functional seating for additional passengers. The way the car is designed, the back seat is only useful for car seats and groceries. It is perfectly feasible and reasonable to build a car that hold the family and be fun to drive so you can take everyone out for a fun evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I like how low the Corvette is, but it's also kind of annoying to scrape everywhere you go. Never had this issue in the Camaro.
No issues with clearance on the Camaro outside of the front splitter... Have to be mindful of it being there although I've not yet hit anything with it. You can bet I slow way down for speed bumps, though.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:40 PM   #119
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
No issues with clearance on the Camaro outside of the front splitter... Have to be mindful of it being there although I've not yet hit anything with it. You can bet I slow way down for speed bumps, though.
I thought the front splitter will be an issue, but it's not.

And I slow down for speed bumps anyway because of the stiff suspension. Magnetic suspension has its limitations, still. The springs are just as hard as they always are...

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:29 PM   #120
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
LOL, you mean a Porsche?
Old 01-07-2021, 03:44 PM   #121
Sindri

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
You know what I want to see for the 7th Gen? A "Camaro" SUV. Okay, I wouldn't actually call it a Camaro, but hear me out on this.

To keep development costs down, I envision any next gen Camaro on an update of the Alpha platform (which is already great). The current Alpha platform brings a lot to the table - it supports 2 and 4 doors, inline 4, V6, and V8 engines, automatic and manual transmissions, and rear and all wheel drive. Maybe not exactly in all those combinations - can't get stick + AWD or V8 +AWD - but that's largely a function of the transmissions and diffs GM has chosen.

What got me thinking about this was a year or two ago when the new Blazer game out. Instead of the "Camaro inspired" front end we got grafted onto a Traverse, why did they not build an actual honest-to-goodness sports SUV on the Alpha? It's got all the ingredients you need for a good SUV - namely 4 doors and AWD capable.

All that being said, you could mix and match a lot of that but I would imagine 4 flavors that would sit on the lots: An entry level inline turbo 4, automatic, RWD or AWD. This is the fleet seller, first time car buyer, cheap people car. Next up the chain would be a V6 RWD or AWD version which would be the bread and butter volume seller. Next a V8 auto AWD "premium" sports/luxury version, as well as a more hardcore V8 manual (or Auto) RWD "Super Sport" version.

Then you go for bust - 1LE package on your SS SUV to run with the Porsche Cayennes and a no-holds-barred ZL1 1LE version to take on the Lamborghini Urus or whatever it's called.

It would be a 4 door low roofline SUV (I'm thinking like the Audi RSQs) with 4/5 real, usable seats, and cargo space in the back. I would imagine pricing would ape current Camaro pricing, maybe a bit more (because SUVs can command that). I4s start in the $20k's, V6s in the 30's, and the V8 and top trim models in the 40's and up. I won't try to pass judgement on who buys what or why, but just like GM satisfies a variety of budgets and tastes with different Camaro trims, this hypothetical "Camaro" SUV would do the same.

THEN GM takes all that sweet, sweet profit, and dumps it into the actual 7th Gen Camaro cars. Now all the people who want Camaro-like aesthetics and performance but also visibility, usability, etc. can have it, GM has already amortized most of the development costs, and can then double down on building us a next gen world beating pony car.

I don't really know what that would look like. As far as improving over the 6th gen, my only real gripes are interior related - materials and layout could be better. Beyond that, I'd love to see a Z/28 with that 5.5L DOHC V8 they are allegedly designing/building for the C8 Z06. Needs 550 HP, and honestly I'd take a 6 speed stick or good DCT, and the DSSV suspension. Maybe give me the option to strip it (no AC, no radio, etc.)
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:08 PM   #122
MichaelG

Drives: 2LT
A bigger more comfortable back seat would be more appealing to me. Not that I would ever sit back there, but I do have friends and family .
01/26/21 - Delivered
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:15 PM   #123
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
Them to consider more people opinions than current Camaro owners.

If I can't chuck my son in the back seat, I won't buy it. It shouldn't be a daily driver family car, but if it's not something the family can enjoy in Saturday night they failed.
They had exactly what you want. The SS sedan. 5th Gen Camaro SS chassis under a 4 door sedan with a large trunk. Available with a 6 speed stick too!
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 04:24 PM   #124
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
They had exactly what you want. The SS sedan. 5th Gen Camaro SS chassis under a 4 door sedan with a large trunk. Available with a 6 speed stick too!
The resale value of those things is great. Cool cars for sure!
Old 01-07-2021, 06:26 PM   #125
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Get rid of the MacStrut front suspension.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:00 PM   #126
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Wow big bucks there

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
This guy gets it ^

As I said pre Gen6, make it a great coupe first, then a Camaro. All they did was give us the greatest Camaro ever.....but a poor coupe.

Quote:
The issue is as coupe volumes fall, they will hav3 to appear to a broader customer base to survive. With 30,000 pe4 year the Camaro is on life support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
LOL, you mean a Porsche?
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Loved mine but it was dated when I bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
The resale value of those things is great. Cool cars for sure!
Don’t remind me