#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-04-2021, 07:30 AM   #29
01cbr929

Drives: Which one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
The Maggie 2650R is the current champ, there are new products coming that will be better, but that's always the case.
Absolutely.

I guess you haven't had a poor experience with a relatively big purchase yet. One thing that is huge for me is service after point of sale... mainly, if something isn't right, how good is a said business at resolving an issue.

1) Would I agree that from everything I have read, the Maggie 2650 is the best blower at the moment - yes.
2) Is the pricing fair - I would say yes.
3) However if they can't even take the time to answer a few, very very basic questions prior to purchase.... it makes me believe that if I was one of the few people that had an issue down the road, it would be like pulling teeth working through a resolution.

I've blown too much money in mods over the years(other platforms), including having some sour experiences... which is all too common in the performance shop world.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:54 AM   #30
juice3

Drives: 19 ZLE A10,17 SS 1LE, 16 C7R,CT5V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01cbr929 View Post
Absolutely.

I guess you haven't had a poor experience with a relatively big purchase yet. One thing that is huge for me is service after point of sale... mainly, if something isn't right, how good is a said business at resolving an issue.

1) Would I agree that from everything I have read, the Maggie 2650 is the best blower at the moment - yes.
3) However if they can't even take the time to answer a few, very very basic questions prior to purchase.... it makes me believe that if I was one of the few people that had an issue down the road, it would be like pulling teeth working through a resolution.

I've blown too much money in mods over the years(other platforms), including having some sour experiences... which is all too common in the performance shop world.

Read through the thread. You seeem to be a fine example of a customer that might get "fired".

I would suggest you take your questions to the tuner, not the vendor.
juice3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:33 AM   #31
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Magnuson doesn't seen to want to discuss anything other than their base kits. For example, I called them to ask what belt part number I needed for a particular pulley size when a serpentine belt failed and took out my blower belt. They told me they didn't know, which is difficult to believe. I ended up getting the info from Greg (Laynlo).
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:35 AM   #32
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01cbr929 View Post
Absolutely.

As stated though, any of the top shops or tuners would be able to answer these questions for you. You don't have to get the answer direct from Magnuson. Lots of manufacturers are pretty poor at customer service when it comes to answering questions but it doesn't mean their products are bad or that you won't get support when needed. Many shops are authorized sellers for Magnuson so they will take care of you if you have questions or issues.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 01:59 PM   #33
Jwynn

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Magnuson 2650 upper and lower pulley size

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Hey you guys can always reach out to me even though I don't work for Magnuson anymore and that used to be my job doing technical and customer support. I think Jason is really close on the estimates he listed. You won't be unhappy with the 2650r as its a stellar blower and holds the quickest and highest mph 1/4 and 1/8 mile at the drag strip. Each may very some depending on the altitude and if your going to run 91 or 93 octane. All Magnuson's tunes are done at sea level and 91 octane. Typically you'll see more hp out of a custom tune as that tune is meant for the masses and is generally a little on the rich side. Buy it with the fit kit also and you get all the connecting hoses, reservoir, etc. Let me know if you need anything else.
After 6 months, I finally get my Maggie for my 2018 Camaro SS.
My question is, How do you pick the right combination of upper and lower pulley's? Mine shipped with a 70mm and 80 mm for the upper pulley. I have the stock LT4 lower.
I've been told to use an ATI Damper w/9.06 DSX or the 9.45 DSX pulley for the lower. This is my build in a nutshell. What do you think?

Magnuson 2650 Super Charger
CNC Ported Heads @ Strictly Performance
GPI Diamond L86 Forged Standard Pistons
Lunati Connecting Rods,
King Rod and Main Bearings
Vengeance Racing Comp Cam Stage 3 LT4 w/32%Fuel Lobe
Brian Tooley Racing .660” Lift Dual Valve Springs Kit w/Titanium Retainers
Vengeance Racing 3/8 Hardened Pushrods
IWIS Pro Series Timing Chain
CHE High Performance Trunnion Kit
Comp Cams Phaser Lockout
GM VVT Cam Bolt
GM Crank Bolt
Johnson 2110R Lifters
GM lifter Trays
GM MLS 6.2L Head Gaskets
GM LT Exhaust Gaskets
DOD Delete Plug Kit
ARP Cylinder Head Stud Kit
ARP Pro Series Main Stud Kit
GM Front Cover Seal
GM Complete LT4 Fuel System
Low side pump
High side pump
Injectors
High Pressure Fuel Line
Katech 112mm Throttle Body
DSX Tuning Auxiliary Low side Fuel Pump
DSX Flex Fuel Kit
P3 Gauges w/Ethanol Sensor, Analog Boost Sensor, LC-2 Wideband O2 Sensor, OBD 2 Splitter
GM 3 Bar MAP Sensor
Roto-Fab Big Gulp
CPR Gen6 ZL1 Front Bumper Ice Tank
Mighty Mouse Solution Catch Can “SS Wild” 1000hp
NGK LTR71X Spark Plugs
Speed Engineering Billet Valve Covers/Coil Relocation
Monster S Triple Disc Clutch
Stainless Works Headers 1 7/8 and complete 3 inch exhaust system

Thanks for the help!
Jwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:18 PM   #34
Schlok

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #397 2022 ZL1 #1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwynn View Post
My question is, How do you pick the right combination of upper and lower pulley's? Mine shipped with a 70mm and 80 mm for the upper pulley. I have the stock LT4 lower.
I've been told to use an ATI Damper w/9.06 DSX or the 9.45 DSX pulley for the lower. This is my build in a nutshell. What do you think?

Lunati Connecting Rods,
Comp Cams Phaser Lockout
GM VVT Cam Bolt
GM Crank Bolt
Johnson 2110R Lifters
GM lifter Trays
GM MLS 6.2L Head Gaskets
GM LT Exhaust Gaskets
DOD Delete Plug Kit
GM Front Cover Seal
Low side pump
High side pump
Injectors
High Pressure Fuel Line
DSX Flex Fuel Kit
P3 Gauges w/Ethanol Sensor, Analog Boost Sensor, LC-2 Wideband O2 Sensor, OBD 2 Splitter
GM 3 Bar MAP Sensor
Roto-Fab Big Gulp
NGK LTR71X Spark Plugs

Thanks for the help!

Impressive build, but I think you should be using 2" Long tubes with that kind of setup
Schlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:26 PM   #35
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
The headers are the least of his worries. His issue is fuel system. If he is stock compression then it's not going to like the kind of boost it will make with a 9" lower(15%) and 80mm upper on pump gas. And LT4 fueling won't be enough to run much Ethanol at all. It might squeak by with a 90mm upper on E40.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:26 PM   #36
JasonGofast
Used to own a ZL1

Drives: '16 Z06
My setup on the LT4 is similar. I run a 90mm and 9.06 lower.

Stock LT4 fuel components with cam + low side will see you running out of fuel quickly if you try something tighter. I have meth in my setup and that's just for running 93. You probably won't be able to run e85 unless you get stronger aftermarket fuel pump and injectors.
JasonGofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 04:26 PM   #37
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:

Lunati Connecting Rods,
Comp Cams Phaser Lockout
GM VVT Cam Bolt
GM Crank Bolt
Johnson 2110R Lifters
GM lifter Trays
GM MLS 6.2L Head Gaskets
GM LT Exhaust Gaskets
DOD Delete Plug Kit
GM Front Cover Seal
Low side pump
High side pump
Injectors
High Pressure Fuel Line
DSX Flex Fuel Kit
GM 3 Bar MAP Sensor
Roto-Fab Big Gulp
NGK LTR71X Spark Plugs

Thanks for the help!
Get a 90mm pulley and start there first. A 70mm is going to make 18-19psi you’ll be out of fuel, and that’s too much boost for decent power on pump. You’ll be dropping timing quite a bit to compensate. Shoot for 14-15psi.

I can run 40% E on my build with my Holley low side. (400 lph)

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #38
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I think you try your stock lower of almost 8 inches and your3.15(70mm)

I'm at 8.3 lower and 3 inch upper making 1000 on all E it was 930 on 93.

We have roughly the same build I don't know your compression and if your cam is efficient as mine. But the ported Heads, 112mm tb, and everything else is identical. If maggi is half as good as it claims you should be right there with me.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 11-29-2021 at 07:48 PM.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:12 PM   #39
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
The headers are the least of his worries. His issue is fuel system. If he is stock compression then it's not going to like the kind of boost it will make with a 9" lower(15%) and 80mm upper on pump gas. And LT4 fueling won't be enough to run much Ethanol at all. It might squeak by with a 90mm upper on E40.
Agreed. These cars are literally all about fueling…the rest is cake. A serious build needs a built low side fuel system like Fore Innovations and either:
1. Port Injection
2. LPE BB HPFP w/+52% injectors
3. XDI pump w/+60% injectors
Old 11-29-2021, 06:46 PM   #40
Jwynn

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Wow, so many options. Thank you all for the help. I only thought that I did my homework before I opened this cans of worms. Lol!
I want to stay on 93 pump gas. If needed I can do without the E85. Like anyone else I want as much HP as I can afford. I'm pretty much at my limit. I still want it street friendly.
I won't have unlimited access to tuning and dyno. Sounds like I should start with 80 to 90mm upper and 9" lower.
Jwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 07:16 PM   #41
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I think you try your stock lower of almost 8 inches and you 3.15(70mm)

I'm at 8.3 lower and 3 inch upper making 1000 on all E it was 930 on 93.

We have roughly the same build I don't know your compression and if your cam is efficient as mine. But the ported Heads, 112mm tb, and everything else is identical. If maggi is half as good as it claims you should be right there with me.

LOL @ 930 on 93.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 07:39 PM   #42
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Wow, so many options. Thank you all for the help. I only thought that I did my homework before I opened this cans of worms. Lol!
I want to stay on 93 pump gas. If needed I can do without the E85. Like anyone else I want as much HP as I can afford. I'm pretty much at my limit. I still want it street friendly.
I won't have unlimited access to tuning and dyno. Sounds like I should start with 80 to 90mm upper and 9" lower.
If you’re staying 93, you definitely need to drop the compression at least one full point on an LT1 like King suggested. Otherwise you’ll be so octane limited it won’t be funny. Can expect low to mid 800’s on 93 if you drop the compression as mentioned.