Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 09-18-2020, 07:41 AM   #43
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
Oh wow. This car has definitely came a long since the last time I seen it brand new when we was at the BBQ place in Southfield with James. It looks awesome! I will definitely sub to this thread to find some goodies I will use.
Nice! Glad you found me. That was a fun night hanging in Detroit. Say hello to James for me.

You guys helped make my delivery memorable. I miss Becky. So glad I got to meet her. But at the time I sensed something was wrong.

Next I am adding an LT2 intake manifold and a Velossa Tech scoop. With the Atco air to help I hope to get my M6 No Tune seats in LT1 into the 11s.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:53 AM   #44
Fraxum

I went to Atco last night....

And had a good time. Some old friends were there and I am making some new ones. Marc, my Pitman friend came and some from his work were there too.

I made 3 runs. The first one was a 12.291@114.82. The shift lite was working on that one. Promising and my best run yet with the LT1. Then on the next run the lite failed me again. Somehow it kept forgetting the settings. That run was a high 12.4.

There was a long delay before my next run with a ton of cars running and several spills. I almost left but then I started talking to the Sinister crew, Snowblind, and friends and got very interested in running the Sinister Mustang with an interested audience. The Mustang is a base A10 2020 GT with tires and a CAI just like me. And both members of the Sinister team are good drivers. They were getting close to 11s. I come to Atco to beat Mustangs! Was I going to chicken out? Nah. let's go.

I was in the front of the street line and the Sinister Stang was one car back. So we go another Mustang, a nice turbo vert to go around me.

When I lined up I double bulbed Sinister. Sorry, it was accidental. I have a hard time with that. And I was so on edge I shaved the light a little too much and left a little early. Sorry again.

Liking that my LT1 trapped @116. The DA was around +220. I dont think my stock '16 M6 SS trapped higher than 115 in any air.

A C8 LT2 IM is on the way and I also have a Velossa Tech scoop to try to install. I think with those parts and Atco fall air, an 11 is very possible!

Another Atco Sunset!
Old 09-19-2020, 06:27 PM   #45
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post

And had a good time. Some old friends were there and I am making some new ones. Marc, my Pitman friend came and some from his work were there too.

I made 3 runs. The first one was a 12.291@114.82. The shift lite was working on that one. Promising and my best run yet with the LT1. Then on the next run the lite failed me again. Somehow it kept forgetting the settings. That run was a high 12.4.

There was a long delay before my next run with a ton of cars running and several spills. I almost left but then I started talking to the Sinister crew, Snowblind, and friends and got very interested in running the Sinister Mustang with an interested audience. The Mustang is a base A10 2020 GT with tires and a CAI just like me. And both members of the Sinister team are good drivers. They were getting close to 11s. I come to Atco to beat Mustangs! Was I going to chicken out? Nah. let's go.

I was in the front of the street line and the Sinister Stang was one car back. So we go another Mustang, a nice turbo vert to go around me.

When I lined up I double bulbed Sinister. Sorry, it was accidental. I have a hard time with that. And I was so on edge I shaved the light a little too much and left a little early. Sorry again.

Liking that my LT1 trapped @116. The DA was around +220. I dont think my stock '16 M6 SS trapped higher than 115 in any air.

A C8 LT2 IM is on the way and I also have a Velossa Tech scoop to try to install. I think with those parts and Atco fall air, an 11 is very possible!

Another Atco Sunset!
Wow! That's about as close as it gets. Good passes!

That's too bad about the shift light. I'm looking into a solution so I can avoid staring down at the tach during the run! The leading candidate is an arduino powered sequential shift light (Chippernut DIY kit), but still researching what the best option would be.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:51 AM   #46
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Wow! That's about as close as it gets. Good passes!

That's too bad about the shift light. I'm looking into a solution so I can avoid staring down at the tach during the run! The leading candidate is an arduino powered sequential shift light (Chippernut DIY kit), but still researching what the best option would be.
I sent the shift light back and ordered another of the same model but black this time. After thinking about this I really tried to flatten out the wire coming out of the Odb2 plug. I might have put stress on one of them. It worked fine when it worked. The plug should have been flat with the wires coming out of the side of the plug.

Now I am trying to figure out if I can adapt the Velossa Tech scoop to the LT1. It is not the same fit as the SS. But I need to remove the bumper cover to get a good look at the situation.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:17 PM   #47
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
I sent the shift light back and ordered another of the same model but black this time. After thinking about this I really tried to flatten out the wire coming out of the Odb2 plug. I might have put stress on one of them. It worked fine when it worked. The plug should have been flat with the wires coming out of the side of the plug.

Now I am trying to figure out if I can adapt the Velossa Tech scoop to the LT1. It is not the same fit as the SS. But I need to remove the bumper cover to get a good look at the situation.
Hey Fraxum, I am getting a A10 LT1 and will be working on getting the car into the high 11's also. I have had good luck with my plug in holley sniper shift light. Used it in my 2015 C7 and my 2016 V6 manual camaro. BTW my first pass on my 2015 C7 base stingray with a manual trans on factory tires was a 12.0, , 117 mph, then on a 1500 da day and 65 degree temps I knocked off an 11.7 @121 mph with a 1.97 60 ft. I have old school tweaked the car with a mid pipe to eliminate the secondary cats, AFE CAI, 180 degree stat, made a direct path for outside air to get to the air filter and had it tuned for 93 octane, a conservative tune. The V6 stick camaro on factory all season tires, I ran a very respectful 13.5, no tune, running 93 octane all the time to max out the timing tables, and removed the air filter and closed the box. Also had a secondary cat delete mid x pipe on that car also.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:00 AM   #48
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Hey Fraxum, I am getting a A10 LT1 and will be working on getting the car into the high 11's also. I have had good luck with my plug in holley sniper shift light. Used it in my 2015 C7 and my 2016 V6 manual camaro. BTW my first pass on my 2015 C7 base stingray with a manual trans on factory tires was a 12.0, , 117 mph, then on a 1500 da day and 65 degree temps I knocked off an 11.7 @121 mph with a 1.97 60 ft. I have old school tweaked the car with a mid pipe to eliminate the secondary cats, AFE CAI, 180 degree stat, made a direct path for outside air to get to the air filter and had it tuned for 93 octane, a conservative tune. The V6 stick camaro on factory all season tires, I ran a very respectful 13.5, no tune, running 93 octane all the time to max out the timing tables, and removed the air filter and closed the box. Also had a secondary cat delete mid x pipe on that car also.
Cool, good driving. 11s in good air no problem for you with tires with the A10. Enjoy yhe LT1. it's the Roadrunner, LX 5.0 of the 20s. But it is not a stripper at all.

Hopefully installing my LT2 IM this weekend hopefully.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:26 AM   #49
Fraxum

The Sinister Mustang was there. it won the top prize at a Halloween Car show decorated for the holiday. The red claw scratch decal looked great on the fender. I should have gotten a pic. They were struggling with some mods, I hope they got it sorted after I left.

Snowblind was there with his rock star C8 crushing the national C8 10 second times.

As for me I was tired but got 3 runs in:

12.159 @ 115.20 with a new best 1.823 60'.
(Even with the GM bog which was noticed by an experienced observer maybe after the 60'? Am I getting closer to the AL O perfect launch?)

12.218 @ 116.26

12.445 @ 101.9 I messed up the 3-4 shift and backed off before letting the clutch out. That was the run that made me decide to leave.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:29 AM   #50
Fraxum

My LT2 IM install did not go as planned. There are some things I have to work out. More info here:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582293
Old 10-28-2020, 09:02 AM   #51
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

The Sinister Mustang was there. it won the top prize at a Halloween Car show decorated for the holiday. The red claw scratch decal looked great on the fender. I should have gotten a pic. They were struggling with some mods, I hope they got it sorted after I left.

Snowblind was there with his rock star C8 crushing the national C8 10 second times.

As for me I was tired but got 3 runs in:

12.159 @ 115.20 with a new best 1.823 60'.
(Even with the GM bog which was noticed by an experienced observer maybe after the 60'? Am I getting closer to the AL O perfect launch?)

12.218 @ 116.26

12.445 @ 101.9 I messed up the 3-4 shift and backed off before letting the clutch out. That was the run that made me decide to leave.
That last run could have been the one you've been looking for if not for the mishap lol.

What was the c8 running? you say it beat the fastest times?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:33 PM   #52
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
That last run could have been the one you've been looking for if not for the mishap lol.

What was the c8 running? you say it beat the fastest times?
Snowblind has the record for some time now. His best run was last night:

10.777 @ 127.14 1.616 60'

This is with a prototype set of LTs I think from ARH and tires from his 9 second SS. He might have ported his IM and maybe modified the stock CAI. Just guessing. He leaves no stone unturned. He uses the launch control which works well on the C8 and he is very conscious of his shift points. He will manually shifts some of the shifts but not others. Not sure how he does that. Both seats are still in I think.

When the mineshaft air comes in next month there might be another tenth or 2 in it. I hope for me too. Maybe I can get the LT2 IM figured out. That would defintely do it.

There is no C8 tuning yet. SB does not think from his contacts that will even happen. He is proud he gets over 30 mpg on the highway. LOL Me too with my LT1. A nice bonus of these Camaros.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:34 PM   #53
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Snowblind has the record for some time now. His best run was last night:

This is with a prototype set of LTs I think from ARH and tires from his 9 second SS. He might have ported his IM and maybe modified the stock CAI. Just guessing. He leaves no stone unturned. He uses the launch control which works well on the C8 and he is very conscious of his shift points. He will manually shifts some of the shifts but not others. Not sure how he does that. Both seats are still in I think.

When the mineshaft air comes in next month there might be another tenth or 2 in it. I hope for me too. Maybe I can get the LT2 IM figured out. That would defintely do it.

There is no C8 tuning yet. SB does not think from his contacts that will even happen. He is proud he gets over 30 mpg on the highway. LOL Me too with my LT1. A nice bonus of these Camaros.
Yea I know about their tuning situation, that's a great time with very basic bolt ons and what I assume to be catted LT's.

I saw a video on the ARH tubes and how the cat openings and much better than the kooks and made power over the stockers and kooks. (kooks cats have a smaller tube opening than stock cats)

I would go the bolt on route for sure, instead of the tuneless twin turbo kits some are going with.

That 10.7 time is the all motor record correct? I know a nitrous car ran 10.6 months ago.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:40 PM   #54
s346k

Drives: like an old lady

damn. that says how well the car moves once it breaks the 60' beam. that dct doing work.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:14 AM   #55
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Yea I know about their tuning situation, that's a great time with very basic bolt ons and what I assume to be catted LT's.

I saw a video on the ARH tubes and how the cat openings and much better than the kooks and made power over the stockers and kooks. (kooks cats have a smaller tube opening than stock cats)

I would go the bolt on route for sure, instead of the tuneless twin turbo kits some are going with.

That 10.7 time is the all motor record correct? I know a nitrous car ran 10.6 months ago.
Yes as far as I know. Bolton time. But I think record keeping is sparse. Not many interested, the car is so new and the new Corvette may end up with people who will use the C8 as a daily driver to avoid putting miles on the Senna. To them drag racing is for the unwashed underclass.

I also understand all the stock V8 Camaros have a 2" restriction to light off the cats better. If true I have wondered is that in the first cat or the TriY collector? Of course LTs fix that but stil only give 15 hp or so.
Old 11-07-2020, 09:46 AM   #56
Fraxum

I went to Atco last night...

The last Atco Friday night this year (hopefully not forever).

The Sinister Mustang was there but we did not get a chance to run. However others have mentioned this besides myself that my Camaro LT1 with just tires and a CAI is as fast as any automatic Camaro SS or Mustang GT. It is the lightest car of the three. And a bit faster than any 392 powered Dodge with the same mods.

My theory about the LT1 model has proven to be true as far as I can prove it. . I am a second tier manual driver. I only made it to number 10 on the SS M6 stock drag list, and I am sure faster times have been accomplished and never were recorded. I bet a better driver like Snowblind who dissects every run to go faster would already have my LT1 in the 11s. But even an all thumbs old man like me can get a 12.10 out of a basically stock M6 LT1 even without mineshaft air. Flame-suit on!

Last night the drive in street lanes 9 and 10 turned out to be 7, 8, 9,and 10. This is fun but the problem is some really fast cars with inexperienced drivers. Two of them hit the wall. I was there at 4:30 PM and got my first run at 6 PM and my second at 8:30 PM. So even though thhis may be my last Atco night I went home after my okay second run.

Wierdly in line for the first run this guy in a pretty fast 11 second Honda next to me revved his car for about 1/2 hour before the first run and waiting for the second one I was next to a clapped old Nissan. That Nissan had a busted starter and had his friends push start him. Even at idle it was loud.

My first run was weird. I hit my shifts but the car did not feel right, but I thought oh well, it should be good:
12.447@114.01 with a 1.978 60’ Slow!!

That clapped out Honda ran 11.371@128.11, but I won!! I treed him with my sorry ass 0.352 RT to his napping turbo spooling 1.580. I heard him coming but I nailed the 3-4. It was a great race.

Sitting in line for two hours I realized I the LT1 was not fully warmed up!! DOH!

My second run was back to being good so I went home:
12.186@115.59.

Snowblind was there and once again setting national C8 light Bolton records.

Hopefully more to come.....