Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #211
1badrwd

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss npp, A8
So, after the dealer has called me for the past few weeks to get mine in for this issue I finally jacked it up tonight to take a look at what's going on. I found that I do have the orange sleeve on the line but it is no where near the bolt in question. Also, I installed long tube headers 9 months ago so the bracket in question is not a issue as it's off the car.

I guess my question is: do I worry about the recall? Don't really want to take it to the dealership unless I absolutely have too! if the 2 issues for the "orange" sleeve line are the bracket and bolt I've already taken care of the bracket and can take care of the bolt as well. Just wanting to make sure those are the only 2 issues needing to be dealt with.

Any info or insight would be appreciated! Thanks

To be American is to love the flag, women, and sports cars!
1badrwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #212
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Which bracket? I think I checked mine but wanna cross check it. I wouldn't let anyone mess with the car unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #213
BloodiedWraith

Drives: 2016 2SS
Yeah worst decision bringing my car to the damn dealer. Got my car back from the dealer and noticed the shift between park/drive/reverse etc was extremely loose and didn't have any grip. Well I reversed it into my driveway and then pulled forward a little to straighten out. Went to move it from drive to park and well the shifter moved but the car stayed in drive. The shifter would not move at all. Was able to turn the engine off but couldn't fully power down the vehicle. After several hours finally got it towed to the dealer.

Amazing how I can drop off a perfectly working vehicle and get it back in a completely undrivable state. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to raise and hell and find out what the hell they did to my car.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:42 AM   #214
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedWraith View Post
Yeah worst decision bringing my car to the damn dealer. Got my car back from the dealer and noticed the shift between park/drive/reverse etc was extremely loose and didn't have any grip. Well I reversed it into my driveway and then pulled forward a little to straighten out. Went to move it from drive to park and well the shifter moved but the car stayed in drive. The shifter would not move at all. Was able to turn the engine off but couldn't fully power down the vehicle. After several hours finally got it towed to the dealer.

Amazing how I can drop off a perfectly working vehicle and get it back in a completely undrivable state. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to raise and hell and find out what the hell they did to my car.
Yep stay away from the dealership, this recall in particular can require taking half your car apart. I had it done as well and now have a rattle when accelerating at lower rpm, I have been under the car trying to find it but still no luck, however I have found other things that were not put back correctly like sensor wires just hanging and not put back into the holder clips, a couple of loose bolts as well. If I had my time back this car would never have seen a dealership.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #215
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
I noticed this recently, last time my car was on a lift was for this recall:
fender seems buckled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:09 PM   #216
7rank

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedWraith View Post

Did they fix it, and what did they do?
7rank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:55 AM   #217
BloodiedWraith

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rank View Post
Did they fix it, and what did they do?
I actually forgot to comment on this. I got it back on Friday. They reassembled the shift linkage incorrectly... I was not happy. That's the first time I've had an issue with the dealership's service department in the 5+ years I've been going there.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:41 AM   #218
wal-dog

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 1SS
Has anybody heard of a transmission line actually springing a leak due to the long bolt? I do not want take the car to the dealership and so far I have ignored it. I was under the car and could not find the long bolt to cut it off. Seems to me the probability of it actually happening is low.
wal-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:53 PM   #219
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Mine has this recall but I had brought it in at 5500 miles because it was making a metal on metal squeaking noise downshifting... they currently told me it was because of the issue with the recall but I brought it in Wednesday of last week and its now Monday and still haven't heard back from them. I'm assuming that it isn't really the issue. will keep updated when I hear more. pretty distraught for having the car for four days.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:43 PM   #220
DeliveryMan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I got my car back and the steering does not seem quite as tight as it was. I usually leave it the Steering setting in Sport mode.
I have read earlier in this thread that an ALIGNMENT is required after the Recall job is complete.
Does anyone have any further info on this?

Thanks
DeliveryMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:08 PM   #221
Kise

So I got it back, not sure if they did an alignment or not but It felt good. Transmission downshift squeaking did not go away so I have to take it in yet again. Awesome for having the car for 1 week after I bought it two weeks ago. hopefully this is the last issue I have to deal with.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:39 PM   #222
7rank

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
So I got it back, not sure if they did an alignment or not but It felt good. Transmission downshift squeaking did not go away so I have to take it in yet again. Awesome for having the car for 1 week after I bought it two weeks ago. hopefully this is the last issue I have to deal with.
I feel your pain...
and I very much doubt the problem your having has nothing to do with this recall.
I sat with my service manager for about an hour discussing this recall, as I am really not to keen in having it done, and while I was with him, he called one of the manager's at Oshawa plant to find out more about it... and they didn't want to divulge much about it, so I told him, "unless they can come up with a better reason than just a bolt MIGHT come into contact with a cooler line".. (which I already inspected and snipped off), then they are not ripping my front end off and removing the steering rack....
I also asked him how many they did so far... he said NONE!
So I won't be the guiney pig too!
7rank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:16 PM   #223
Kise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7rank View Post
I feel your pain...
and I very much doubt the problem your having has nothing to do with this recall.
I sat with my service manager for about an hour discussing this recall, as I am really not to keen in having it done, and while I was with him, he called one of the manager's at Oshawa plant to find out more about it... and they didn't want to divulge much about it, so I told him, "unless they can come up with a better reason than just a bolt MIGHT come into contact with a cooler line".. (which I already inspected and snipped off), then they are not ripping my front end off and removing the steering rack....
I also asked him how many they did so far... he said NONE!
So I won't be the guiney pig too!
Yeah I have it back in to get the transmission squeak fixed. Fingers crossed lol. the cooler line didn't seem to need fixed as nothing changed but for the time being I might as well get it out of the way, I plan to have the car for the long run as long as it stays healthy. now im hoping it comes back okay.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #224
Kise

squeak was not fixed. brining it back to the dealership for the third time hopefully they can get it right. they've had it in for the same problem for around 13 days in total