Phastek Performance

Old 09-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #43
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
Ok. So the problem you have getting the fan out is there are tabs on the fan shroud that go into slots on the radiator. These Tabs are below the hoses that are on both sides of the radiator. When you try to pull the fan assembly up, the tabs interfere with the hoses on both sides of the radiator.

So if you are looking at the engine you must rotate the driver side of the fan shroud down slightly as far as it will go and lift up on the passenger side.

On the lower passenger side of the fan shroud the tab will rub/interfer with a small rubber hose. You must push the hose towards the radiator so that you can get that tab by that hose.

Once you have that tab by that little hoes you can rotate the fan shroud upwards on the passenger side. At this point the top of the fan shroud will be at about a 30 degree angle to the ground. then you work it up missing what's in the way on the driver side of the radiator.

All these steps above must be done after the little quick disconnect is disconnected from the upper driver side using the e-clip to release that quick disconnect.
lol...

TRY reinstalling them! I did it it takes a lot of time and you need 1 person pushing while you move the tabs over the hose and nipples..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:57 PM   #44
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Next update: Damper is installed (minus the outer blower pulley).

Word of advice: buy the stock AC belt if you choose to cut the original one (like i did).
GM part number is old# 12643219, NEW# 12685983

The cross reference belt that everyone uses for 2016+ Camaro SS is wrong. I ordered the gates belt (same manufacturer as OEM stretch belt) in the size they say is right: K040357SF. This belt is about 1.5" TOO short in comparison to the OEM belt. Supposedly the effective length on the AC belt is 953 mm or 37.5". You will find on the OEM belt 4k953 on it, which also verifies this.

I tried for about 45 minutes to get the K040357SF belt on, and could not figure out why I couldnt get it to work, since it WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE RIGHT belt. Once I gave up to come inside to eat, I thought, let me check the difference between the belts. That is when I found the problem. I called Gates and they agree something is off, and are investigating the cross reference.

Just a little advice. The factory belt is supposed to come into my dealer today. Hopefully a belt 1.5" longer might be easier to convince to go on the AC pulley.

I showed you how to get it off with out cutting it its easy! the All girls garage video even shows how.. Also with crank bolt i though i posted it but discovery channel may have pulled it again

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 09-19-2018, 06:54 PM   #45
GT-ER

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Well. I'm stuck again. Same problem as TDS had. Bought the 1190 ft lb Xtreme torque Earthquake XT impact gun. Used 3/8 fittings and 3/8 10' long hose using my neighbors 21 gallon air compressor. Bolt didn't budge after 10 times. Watching the regulator gauge while using the wrench the pressure drops to 50 psi, so I'm not getting the full torque from it. Don't have a torch, but I have a 1100 F heat gun. Tried that on the bolt flange for 15 to 20 seconds and still no luck.

Put the car in 4th gear and E brake on. Crank pulley turns a little bit then appears to lock in place, but I couldn't make my gears hold all that back load. I had my jack handle on ready to pull, but I chickened out...
With bolts like these, 3/4" 1000+lb-ft of torque impact with a 1/2 hose is almost mandatory.
GT-ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:55 PM   #46
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
lol...

TRY reinstalling them! I did it it takes a lot of time and you need 1 person pushing while you move the tabs over the hose and nipples..
I found a trick to make more room and get the fan in or out easily. There is a small bracket right below the quick disconnect fitting on the upper driver side of the radiator. This small bracket supports the AC line on the way to the condenser. There is a small hidden 10mm bolt connected the AC line to the bracket on the radiator. If you take that bolt out, the AC line moves to to the right away from the upper tab on the fan assembly. Once I did that, the fan moved right into place, almost fell into place.

That's the install tip we needed for the fan assembly, I think.

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:00 PM   #47
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
I found a trick to make more room and get the fan in or out easily. There is a small bracket right below the quick disconnect fitting on the upper driver side of the radiator. This small bracket supports the AC line on the way to the condenser. There is a small hidden 10mm bolt connected the AC line to the bracket on the radiator. If you take that bolt out, the AC line moves to to the right away from the upper tab on the fan assembly. Once I did that, the fan moved right into place, almost fell into place.

That's the install tip we needed for the fan assembly, I think.
I can't remember it all LOL I took the quick disconnect off or the oil cooler can't remember about that step

Old 12-02-2021, 02:46 PM   #48
cajunzl1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
1LE Red Dragon, not sure if you still have the car, but what was the boost increase with the 8.6 Lower Pulley? Did you see your 2.2 boost increase??

Thanks
cajunzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote