#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-12-2021, 08:50 PM   #43
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0dnar View Post
How would this hold up for a 20-30 minute session at COTA during the summer? Looking for upgraded cooling myself for the track season next year.
Same here. I’ve been looking at Afco or C&R but open to alternatives.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 03:46 PM   #44
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I’d hit-up Travis Lambert’s thread on modifying his ZL1 to almost ZLE-spec. He said with an upgraded radiator (maybe aux. rad., too - I can’t recall), upgrades HE, and an aux. HE-delete, with an upgraded oil cooler in the aux. HE’s place that he was running great road course sessions with completely controlled heat management. He has a lot more actual course-data in that thread, too. He’s been a great resource of that kind of data.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:52 PM   #45
radz28
Petro-sexual

I've only gotten a couple drives completed, but left with more questions than answers...

My first drive was on a 61* day, and I have probably about 40-miles of logging. Most was on the freeway, and there were a few Mexico rips away from people. I found my MAT was at 67* and didn't move at all... Weird...

My last drive was about a week ago, and it was a 67* day. It was more along my Mexico-route, so about 20-miles. My MAT was different, but didn't change at all, from start-up to shut-down. It was 72* the whole time. It didn't move at all either...

I don't think that channel in my Scanner is dead, but this is weird. My IATs and IAT2s were all changing, as expected, but the MAT didn't. Maybe it doesn't matter. The values changed, from different days, and different temperatures. Maybe it's the increase in the volume of fluid and cool ambient temperatures keeping the MAT low, as what is what I am hoping for. I doubt the sensor is dead or something, but I didn't think I would see this kind of change.

Maybe someone else with an upgraded H.E. can comment on what they have seen. I know I didn't really need to upgrade, but it can't be this effective...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 12-01-2021, 03:53 PM   #46
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I've only gotten a couple drives completed, but left with more questions than answers...

My first drive was on a 61* day, and I have probably about 40-miles of logging. Most was on the freeway, and there were a few Mexico rips away from people. I found my MAT was at 67* and didn't move at all... Weird...

My last drive was about a week ago, and it was a 67* day. It was more along my Mexico-route, so about 20-miles. My MAT was different, but didn't change at all, from start-up to shut-down. It was 72* the whole time. It didn't move at all either...

I don't think that channel in my Scanner is dead, but this is weird. My IATs and IAT2s were all changing, as expected, but the MAT didn't. Maybe it doesn't matter. The values changed, from different days, and different temperatures. Maybe it's the increase in the volume of fluid and cool ambient temperatures keeping the MAT low, as what is what I am hoping for. I doubt the sensor is dead or something, but I didn't think I would see this kind of change.

Maybe someone else with an upgraded H.E. can comment on what they have seen. I know I didn't really need to upgrade, but it can't be this effective...
Are you sure your logging the right pid? MAT temps will be all over the place. Especially if you stop and idle. I have a chiller, and even if I stop and idle the temp will go up quite a bit as there’s no air moving across the bricks.

Also remember you can have a heat exchanger the size of a truck, water temps will still never be less then ambient temps.

With my chiller on a 65F day my MAT temps on highway are about 82F. This is with water temps at nearly freezing.

If it’s not moving I would first make sure you are logging the right pid, and it so check your sensor. If your mat temps are not going up when you stop and idle something is wrong.

You can see how mine reacts here. https://youtu.be/pvyEHaVxAmE

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90

Last edited by Camaro1973; 12-01-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:34 PM   #47
Camaro1973

Actually now that I think of it I had a similar problem with my AAT sensor when logging. Out of nowhere it didn’t move when logging. It was like stuck on 71F. 2 days it was like this. Only thing I tried last was disconnecting the battery, then next day later it was fine.

I know it’s not the MAT sensor but still odd.

Is your sensor relocated to the front passenger side of the blower or are your using the tmap sensor in the rear?

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Old 12-01-2021, 07:30 PM   #48
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Actually now that I think of it I had a similar problem with my AAT sensor when logging. Out of nowhere it didn’t move when logging. It was like stuck on 71F. 2 days it was like this. Only thing I tried last was disconnecting the battery, then next day later it was fine.

I know it’s not the MAT sensor but still odd.

Is your sensor relocated to the front passenger side of the blower or are your using the tmap sensor in the rear?
OH - I get what you're saying, lol. In every other log, it moves around - especially at speed. As soon as I get into the throttle, it starts falling. I've tried deleting the PID, repolling the car, then adding the PID. Maybe it's a funny BETA or something...

I used Magnuson's break-out harness, so I am using the kit's sensor on the passenger's side front. I used their MAT-conversion data, too, and I haven't touched or changed any of this hardware for more than a year, so if anything, I'm wondering if the sensor's going crazy... Hmmm...

I'm going to check a log from January when it was colder, and see if it was doing something similar...

So weird...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 12-01-2021, 08:22 PM   #49
radz28
Petro-sexual

It's weird... I have a few logs in about similar ambient temperatures and the MAT is doing the same thing - it's just locked into a single value, and doesn't change for the whole drive, which includes stopping and starting, and a few little Mexico rips. During the Spring and Summer, I was getting the changes in temperature I was expecting, but maybe the fidelity of the sensor starts diminishing below a certain temperature, or maybe it doesn't matter as much for the IAT corrections.

Interesting. I'll be following this more and trying to reset and log more. If I find anything interesting, I'll share. It might be helpful to someone other than my curiosity. Or not. lol

OH - and Thanks for the video! COOL!!! (get it?) hahaha.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 12-01-2021, 09:11 PM   #50
Camaro1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
It's weird... I have a few logs in about similar ambient temperatures and the MAT is doing the same thing - it's just locked into a single value, and doesn't change for the whole drive, which includes stopping and starting, and a few little Mexico rips. During the Spring and Summer, I was getting the changes in temperature I was expecting, but maybe the fidelity of the sensor starts diminishing below a certain temperature, or maybe it doesn't matter as much for the IAT corrections.

Interesting. I'll be following this more and trying to reset and log more. If I find anything interesting, I'll share. It might be helpful to someone other than my curiosity. Or not. lol

OH - and Thanks for the video! COOL!!! (get it?) hahaha.
Yeah that’s really strange. It should be moving all over. And if you have MAT temps of 60 degrees I will rip my chiller out and set it ablaze in my backyard.

Honestly though it should be looked into because that table is important for timing adders/subtraction.

Even if you stop and sit idle it doesn’t move ?

You can also bypass the breakout and tie in the tmap sensor and read the temp from the rear driver side, that’s where mine is.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:09 AM   #51
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Yeah that’s really strange. It should be moving all over. And if you have MAT temps of 60 degrees I will rip my chiller out and set it ablaze in my backyard.

Honestly though it should be looked into because that table is important for timing adders/subtraction.

Even if you stop and sit idle it doesn’t move ?

You can also bypass the breakout and tie in the tmap sensor and read the temp from the rear driver side, that’s where mine is.
I completely agree with how I expect it to act. I updated the current BETA (as I almost do weekly) and the non-BETA. Maybe that's part of the problem - I usually run the BETA.

But no. I wouldn't move at all. I might try disconnecting the break-out and see if that helps. I'd have to change the offset table, but it's been acting normally until the last month.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I agree it's definitely important.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 02-16-2022, 08:32 PM   #52
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Interested in any further results. Also, do you think the standard size PLM exchanger would still be a worth while upgrade? Not just the xl version.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 06:17 AM   #53
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
Interested in any further results. Also, do you think the standard size PLM exchanger would still be a worth while upgrade? Not just the xl version.
Only 2 5/8's sized exchangers on the market the ADM and PLM. When I was in search of an exchanger, I asked Andy why is yours the only around the stock thickness and he said that's what Ron Davis designed and the rest I can't repeat but, it was pretty much FO if you don't like it.

Weapon x seems to do a lot of testing and the thickness is his is same as the PLM, AFCO, and others.

I don't have to much data because I did a 5 gallon tank and stewart pump at pretty close to the same time.

My IATs are as follows cruising

IAT 1 ambient or same as outside temp found on radio
IAT 2 8-11 degrees ambient doesn't matter if its 35 out or 105 out
IAT 3 20-25 degrees over ambient and falls under boost then when you let off it raises 5 to 8 then falls back down quickly.

I guess the best would be a thick core that flows as much as thin oem sized one. AFCO flows and Belle flow the best its said.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 06:37 AM   #54
brad65ford

Drives: 2018 Zl1 Camaro
looks huge!
brad65ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:56 AM   #55
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Thanks for the info!
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 02:01 PM   #56
radz28
Petro-sexual

My temps are about the same as above with a stock ZL1 intercooler system, minus this heat exchanger. Not supplemental pumps or tanks - complete OEM system with the exception being this HE (obviously - the 2650 intercoolers, too).

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"