Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 09-27-2021, 02:19 PM   #29
Fak_Ork

Drives: Silverado RST 21, 3.0, Crew, Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK21SS View Post
“Timid men prefer the calm of despotism, to the tempestuous sea of liberty.”-TJ

If that's how you like to justify preventable negligent gun deaths and crimes then so be it. I'd ask what you think "Well-regulated" is supposed to mean but I truly have no interest in discussing that with you.

As is usual with these things, people like you throw out misapplied, utterly unhelpful phrases, actual gun-haters propose draconian bans and normal people live with what previous efforts and the work of law leaves us in reality. In Nebraska, being a shall-issue state, the CCW license will be granted to anyone willing to go through the class, learn the regulations and without felonies or other disqualifying blemishes on their records- freedom and responsibility well balanced. The cause of greater gun ownership along with fewer gun deaths could use the assistance of would-be patriots but you go on spouting phrases.
Fak_Ork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:44 PM   #30
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I own a Tahoe, do I fall into your guys pick up truck stereotype? I can honestly say, I don't drive any of my vehicles like an idiot or asshole. My Tahoe was not even close to $100k. It wasn't even $50k... Unless you are buying some limited model pick-up you are not going to pay anywhere near $100k for one. My Tahoe is over 3 years old now and has not lost 50% of it's value. As a matter of fact both pick-ups and Tahoe's, Suburban's hold their value better then any sedan. But.. Ya... Everyone has their own stereotypes I suppose.
Yeah I realize that not everyone is like this, but I have just encountered too many for me to trust a truck driven by some I don't know, unfortunately. Maybe it's just my luck, but the truck drivers in my neck of woods are particularly bad.

And okay, there is the difference between CAD and USD now so 100k+ here is 80k+ in the US, but I have heard many, many stories of people who got rich off their jobs(a lot of them are oil-related) and blow all their money on an expensive, loaded trucks that depreciate to nothing in a few years. A lot of them got served when COVID hit.

Quote:
“Timid men prefer the calm of despotism, to the tempestuous sea of liberty.”-TJ

You haven’t a clue on what the 2nd means.
You can either just avoid engaging them and go home safely or potentially get yourself and other innocent people injured or killed either when the other guy shoots you/others or the vehicle loses control from your shooting and veers into you/others. And no, you won't be remembered as some kind of freedom/liberty fighter when you get injured or die from the latter scenario.

Pretty simple choice but heh, some people like to make it all twisted and unnecessarily complicated.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 03:12 PM   #31
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
My response quoted has nothing to do with the OP’s road rage incident. You and Fakoak have misconstrued what I wrote.

I recommended to the OP it’s not worth getting into a road rage incident. My responses were to those who think the 2nd Amendment should have limits to ownership and possession. They claim to be stalwarts of gun ownership but want to limit those they don’t feel are worthy or up to their standards.

I’m a 100% “The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed “ kinda guy.
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 03:15 PM   #32

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I’m pretty sure in TX, it’s a Defense to Prosecution to shoot out the tires of brake checkers.
Pretty sure, eh?...That would make driving so much more enjoyable and quite sporting, too!

Must not be working out, though, if brake checking still happens. Maybe just need to get the word out more to see results.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 03:34 PM   #33
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I don’t think shooting his tires out will fly very well if I told an officer I did that. Only time I know for certain you can open fire in TX is if your life is in eminent danger, and you’d better go for the kill so he can’t argue back and try to sue you or press charges.

I don’t have a gun because I know I have a bad temper and can go from a cool collected guy to a careless neurotic on the drop of a hat. I’m passive aggressive and know it so I know I would probably snap one day and use it improperly so for the safety of myself and others around me I refrain from obtaining items that have deadly force.

Anyway, yea I really need to invest in Dashcam’s. I was thinking of calling 911 but they typically won’t do anything unless an accident occurred which resulted in injury.
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 03:39 PM   #34
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I don’t think shooting his tires out will fly very well if I told an officer I did that. Only time I know for certain you can open fire in TX is if your life is in eminent danger, and you’d better go for the kill so he can’t argue back and try to sue you or press charges.

I don’t have a gun because I know I have a bad temper and can go from a cool collected guy to a careless neurotic on the drop of a hat. I’m passive aggressive and know it so I know I would probably snap one day and use it improperly so for the safety of myself and others around me I refrain from obtaining items that have deadly force.

Good grief. Does anyone posting, except for the one above you, not see obvious sarcasm when they read it? Did my original post actually need a /sarc tag. Rhetorical.

And deadly force is authorized in TX to stop Criminal mischief at night.
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:06 PM   #35
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
I think most are missing a much greater point in all of this.

Is everyone just going to ignore the fact the OP was driving a Prius and not his Camaro? A PRIUS!
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:16 PM   #36
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
My response quoted has nothing to do with the OP’s road rage incident. You and Fakoak have misconstrued what I wrote.

I recommended to the OP it’s not worth getting into a road rage incident. My responses were to those who think the 2nd Amendment should have limits to ownership and possession. They claim to be stalwarts of gun ownership but want to limit those they don’t feel are worthy or up to their standards.

I’m a 100% “The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed “ kinda guy.
If that's the case then never mind, I don't want to take part in the other argument.

But still, just throwing my opinion out there if someone actually does consider using a gun for this kind of incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post

Is everyone just going to ignore the fact the OP was driving a Prius and not his Camaro? A PRIUS!
So? Some people need a daily driver that's more practical. I might need a daily in the winter depending on how often I drive. 285/305 width tires + rain aren't a great combo.

And yeah, as car people, Prius is the butt end of jokes, but as an engineer, Prius is actually pretty great and it's impressive what Toyota has done for an affordable hybrid.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #37
JKSully

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS, 20 Subaru Crosstrek
Quote:
Does anyone posting, except for the one above you, not see obvious sarcasm when they read it? Did my original post actually need a /sarc tag. Rhetorical.
Do you not know what "facetious" means?

2022 | 2SS | M6 | NPP | Summit White | Carbon Flash Wheels | Black Lugs | Red Calipers | Adrenaline Red | Red Knee Pads | Nav |
- 1100 - 8/16/21
- 3000 - 9/21/21 - TPW 10/18/21
- 3400 - 10/1/21
- 3800 - 10/20/21 - built 10/19/21
- 5000 - 11/12/21
- 6000 - 11/13/21
JKSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:50 PM   #38
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
My daily is a 2002 Avalanche. I'm going no where fast in that thing. Don't get me wrong, great truck, super reliable (knock on wood), and I hope to keep driving it for another 140k miles. But man... there r times I wish I could snap my fingers and swap cars.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:08 PM   #39
Need4Camaro

Quote:

I actually like my Prius. I don’t hold it to the same standards as my SS but I do Uber and Lyft for extra money and my little Prius gets me about $1,500 extra per week so I can’t really complain about it.

Here’s one weekend day for example…

You need a Prius too
Old 09-28-2021, 06:58 AM   #40
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:

My ZL1 once made a Prius pee itself

Name:  prius pee.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  83.7 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:23 AM   #41
Need4Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post

Attachment 1080886
lol
Old 09-28-2021, 09:15 AM   #42
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post

Attachment 1080886

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote