Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-31-2021, 05:26 PM   #1
Vettethret

Drives: 2023 ZL1 1LE
SOUTH FLORIDA SHOPS....

I just moved to Naples FL and can't find any reputable shops to work on a new LT1. Looking at Bolt on's/Tuning/Suspension work. Dos anyone have a reputable shop they can recommend in SW Florida? Thanks in advance.

2023 ZL1 1LE 19" BC Forged RS45- 325/345 Toyo R888R, KPMF Satin Pearl Wrap, GT Huas Exhaust. Incoming- Girodisc- Heads/Cam
Vettethret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 05:30 PM   #2
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettethret View Post
I just moved to Naples FL and can't find any reputable shops to work on a new LT1. Looking at Bolt on's/Tuning/Suspension work. Dos anyone have a reputable shop they can recommend in SW Florida? Thanks in advance.
I live in Punta Gorda so I'd be interested as well. I own a 2ss. My local chevy dealer can't even rotate the tires on the 2ss properly!
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:14 PM   #3
Vettethret

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I live in Punta Gorda so I'd be interested as well. I own a 2ss. My local chevy dealer can't even rotate the tires on the 2ss properly!
I know. Coming for So. Cal, there were a few good local shops (Even though they were packing up to get out of the state). With all the high end cars where I'm at, I'm surprised I cant find any decent shops.

2023 ZL1 1LE 19" BC Forged RS45- 325/345 Toyo R888R, KPMF Satin Pearl Wrap, GT Huas Exhaust. Incoming- Girodisc- Heads/Cam
Old 08-31-2021, 08:46 PM   #4
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettethret View Post
I know. Coming for So. Cal, there were a few good local shops (Even though they were packing up to get out of the state). With all the high end cars where I'm at, I'm surprised I cant find any decent shops.
I'm from St. Louis and lots of good shops up there. Then again muscle cars are popular there.

These old people down here like to buy BMW and Mercedes and probably don't even check their tire pressure or know how to. Have a family friend who's multi millionaire. Drives Mercedes and doesn't know how to check tire pressure. Her husband at one time (they live in Naples) had a 14 car Corvette collection too and a 260k Bentley sports car and she doesn't know how to check tire pressure or read TPMS. They buy these and let the dealers do all the basic work.

I dunno, but once hunch is that as you probably know Florida wages suck in general AND the cost of living isn't cheap. So it's going to be hard to find GOOD mechanics to stick around here. You get what you paid for.

Stingray in Plant City is a very good dealer to have your car worked on. However I'm not driving 120 miles for service.

I do know though around me Camaros are just not popular.

The Ford and Chevy dealers don't even like carrying the pony cars. If you're lucky they might have one on the lot. They sure love carrying the big boats around here. Like those big SUVs, large size Sedans, and some trucks. They tend to carry stuff the older folks buy because they hate getting into small cars.

That is one good thing about down here though. In normal times you can score really good deals on low mile performance cars like Corvettes and Camaros. These older guys buy them cars, don't drive them much and then they just can't get in or out of them comfortably and they end up trading them in.

I bought my 2016 SS last Sept. Only 16,000 miles on it. Old guy from up north owned it and traded it in for a Honda SUV. Sales guy said he was having too much troubles getting in and out. Car had perfect service record to a T as well and very well kept.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:46 AM   #5
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
I know its one state and a day’s drive away, but Vengeance Racing in Cumming, Georgia is a great option. They can do it all, and the quality of their work and customer service is second to none. Just a nice one day drive to the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains!
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:30 AM   #6
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
I’ve had suspension work done by fat body performance but they’re in tampa, they know their stuff.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:36 PM   #7
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Redline Motorsports is a little North of Miami. Should only be like an hour and a half drive I think.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #8
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
You realize that Bradenton Motorsports Park and Cletus McFarland's Freedom Factory are both nearby. Go visit a track and ask some of the guys running a Camaro who they use. Or, maybe one of us old fkrs can loan you some tools and splain how to work on a car. No, probably not.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 10:14 PM   #9
Vettethret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Redline Motorsports is a little North of Miami. Should only be like an hour and a half drive I think.
Thanks guys. I didn't know Redline was so close. I will try them 1st. I appreciate the info