Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 08-21-2017, 08:56 PM   #127
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwild87 View Post
Had anybody tried the rain x anti fogging product yet?
It is on the outside not inside.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:32 AM   #128
TedJS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pprez5137 View Post
To TEDJS. I got in touch with my dealer and showed him your article about the service bulletin that came out. He was shocked when he looked it up and saw it. He didn't know about it. I am bringing in my Camaro on Thursday for the fix. Thank you again for your info.
Thats... Funny. Simple bulletin search should pull it up.
TedJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:04 PM   #129
pdrumans

Drives: 2LT Red Hot 2.0t
I used some Meguiars Tech Wax on my outer w/s. The fogging does not seem to get as bad and when the wipers are used it seems smoother.
pdrumans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:06 AM   #130
lonniemoreno

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS RED HOT
So I just got my 2017 2LT RS Camaro back, they ripped out the windshield, followed the service bulletin from Chevy, and result: SAME. I guess only time will tell if this will continue to be a problem. Only happens when AC is on and it's cold out. It's summer now, so no fogging happening now. Again, time will tell. So far with this 2017 2LT RS: 1. Foggy front window 2. Leather seat cover coming a bit undone from the bottom, won't stay tucked under 3. BIRDS POOP ALL OVER IT when I wash it, BUT, I freakin love this car.
lonniemoreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:10 AM   #131
_MerF_

Drives: 2017 1LT A8 (SIM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonniemoreno View Post
So I just got my 2017 2LT RS Camaro back, they ripped out the windshield, followed the service bulletin from Chevy, and result: SAME. I guess only time will tell if this will continue to be a problem. Only happens when AC is on and it's cold out.
That....sounds like a different problem.

2017 1LT (A8): 30% tint - Tinted taillights - Blackened bowties - Muffler delete
_MerF_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:53 AM   #132
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Has anyone gone to the dealership and had the repair done per the TSB and it worked? I live in So. I have the window fog issue with warm weather, cooler weather, in the morning, in the afternoon. It doesn't seem to matter what the time of day is or outside temps in ever case. I'll pay more attention to my cabin settings and outside temps the next time this happens. It's a concern to see Lonnie's post, the service was completed and the problem was not corrected.
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #133
TheHulk2SS

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS Converible
No Remedy for Me

I just got the Hulk back on Thursday after being at the dealer for two days. They showed me the small foams that they removed. I had met the tech involved and he was a "car guy." I was feeling very optimistic about the repair as everything seemed right. With the air conditioner recirculating at 65 degrees, the fan on the 2nd speed, and on the highway; it looked like the repair worked. About 20 minutes later, I stopped at a convenience store and let the car idle for about 10 minutes. When I returned, the dreaded condensation was back as before the repair. The repair seems to have helped but certainly not to the point for me to find it even remotely acceptable. This really sucks and really disappointing. I'm not blaming my dealer (Lou Bachrodt / Coconut Creek) cause it seems like they did a good job but Chevy really needs to find an real solution to this embarrassing problem.
Attached Images

TheHulk2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:45 PM   #134
TheHulk2SS

No Remedy for Me update

This evening I took out the Hulk for about a 25 mile drive which involved mostly highway driving and it was in the low 90 degrees and the humidity was typical for the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area. With the AC recirculating at the lowest setting and the fan at the second level, the windshield was dry as a bone at the start and while on the highway. A few minutes after entering stop & go traffic, the damn condensation appeared. I hate that sh!t... At least on the way back home, on a really balmy evening, I dropped the top and, for the time, forgot about the condensation. Even though I still get condensation, I feel the service has helped somewhat reduce it but in no way acceptable and Chevy hopefully feels the same and finds a more successful remedy.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #135
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Windshield fogging

The TSB helped my car substantially. I drove it all day today and set the AC at 68 degrees with th fan speed on high while idling and cruising in humid hot conditions. Rain off and on as well which usually agitates the situation more. Before the TSB I couldn't run the AC barely at 78-80 fan speed low without a severe wide open cold air blast on the windshield. One other thing I noticed is on remote start with AC on I hear the mode door physically open. If I don't shut ac off and turn it back on it will try to fog 2 spots but if I shut the ac off then turn back on it doesn't do that at all. It is definitely a lot better since I got the tab done as my car was one of the worst cases of this that I've seen.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:03 AM   #136
n813ca

Drives: 2106 SS
Mine was not fixed with the TSB and maybe even worse. I have made things to cover the vent. The problem is when I hit the gas hard the things I have put up there flies into the middle of the car. That alone could cause an accident. Let alone I can't see deer or Children crossing the street.
n813ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:06 PM   #137
TheHulk2SS

I agree it is definitely a safety issue. There comes a point where it's difficult to see out from a car that has limited visibility to begin with. In addition, when I wipe the windshield the damn condensation comes almost immediately. This is dangerous, irritating, disappointing, and embarrassing. Does anyone know when this might evolve into to a class action lawsuit?
Old 09-04-2017, 02:25 PM   #138
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Windshield fogging

I agree totally. Mine was so bad it made driving the car miserable. The TSB while not a complete fix brought it from a total mess to bearable. I hope they release a total diagnoses and complete repair ASAP.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:41 AM   #139
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Fml
I will buy large mousepad for now
Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #140
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonniemoreno View Post
So I just got my 2017 2LT RS Camaro back, they ripped out the windshield, followed the service bulletin from Chevy, and result: SAME. I guess only time will tell if this will continue to be a problem. Only happens when AC is on and it's cold out. It's summer now, so no fogging happening now. Again, time will tell. So far with this 2017 2LT RS: 1. Foggy front window 2. Leather seat cover coming a bit undone from the bottom, won't stay tucked under 3. BIRDS POOP ALL OVER IT when I wash it, BUT, I freakin love this car.
Opposite here.. happens everyday for me in FL when it's hot out.

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap