Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-25-2021, 07:30 AM   #15
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
There is 1 other way to get the options installed...

Email the VIN number to socialmedia@gm.com. I did this for my ZL1 and they sent me the full build sheet for the car.

This included all option codes and the date it was actually built.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:46 AM   #16
Callaway SC630

Drives: 2020 Callaway Camaro SC630
I did that, but didn't say it here, because I thought you had to be the owner of the car.

Can you confirm?
Old 09-25-2021, 09:46 AM   #17
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway SC630 View Post
I did that, but didn't say it here, because I thought you had to be the owner of the car.

Can you confirm?
I wasn't asked to prove I owned mine when I requested it. Not even sure how GM would know who the owner is without contacting a State DMV office.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:14 AM   #18
sandm

Drives: no more camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Key piece... Motivation. But, knowing exactly what to ask them for and where to look to find it is key as well. Salespeople are generally NOT deeply knowledgeable about a particular model, so you need to be able to accurately guide them.
totally agree but it's all dependent on finding a salesman that will assist with a phone or internet customer. I found that most dealerships, to get questions like this answered, it's an all day ordeal for 1 simple piece of info. salesmen in most cases prefer to focus on the feet that are on the lot, not the call on the phone and to get a return call back with info within a day was pretty good for the many dealerships we contacted.
sandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 11:26 AM   #19
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post

Email the VIN number to socialmedia@gm.com. I did this for my ZL1 and they sent me the full build sheet for the car.

There's a "window of time" where they will do this. I thought it was within the first two years, but not sure how hard and fast that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm View Post
totally agree but it's all dependent on finding a salesman that will assist with a phone or internet customer. I found that most dealerships, to get questions like this answered, it's an all day ordeal for 1 simple piece of info. salesmen in most cases prefer to focus on the feet that are on the lot, not the call on the phone and to get a return call back with info within a day was pretty good for the many dealerships we contacted.
Similar experiences for me. They don't make money unless they close a deal. So, focusing on "the bird in the hand" is what most will typically do. I have encountered very few salespeople over the years that cared about future sales and didn't bother to ensure they fostered a good relationship with me as a customer. When you're prospective customer is hundreds of miles away or more, what are they chances they will actually buy the car? And what are the chances they would buy ANOTHER ONE in the future? There's little to no incentive in them building a relationship so they take the path of least resistance... They sell the SUV On the lot to the people on the lot. They'll get around to the person on the opposite cost "later."
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:03 PM   #20
Fifty_Tampa2
ZT Zoomin

Drives: A Slow ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post

This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway SC630 View Post

Can you confirm?
They don't ask

2017 "FIFTY" 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
ProCharger, Stage II Intercooler, LT2 Intake, Ported TB, Corsa NPP & Double X-Pipe, MRR FS06 20x10/11, Eibach Lowering Springs, MRC, GM Dark Tail Lights & More..RIP

https://www.youtube.com/c/ZTZoomin
Fifty_Tampa2 is offline   Reply With Quote