#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-08-2021, 03:25 PM   #1
klinton994

Drives: denali
Understanding allocation

I am interested in ordering a 2022 Camaro ZL1

Would someone who definitively understands the allocation process please help me to understand how it works, and answer a few questions?

I am presently on a waiting list for a C8 Corvette, with a large volume Corvette dealer on the eastern side of the states. I contacted them regarding the order of a 2022 ZL1. They told me that they had no idea when they would receive an allocation for a Camaro. I thought this was odd.

1. Does Chevrolet notify the dealerships at the beginning of the model year as to how many models, i.e. Camaros they will receive. Or, does the dealership get notified on a weekly basis.

2.When a dealership receives an allocation for a Camaro, is it specific to a trim package, or could any trim be ordered such as ZL1, SS, etc.

3 When contacting dealers, if one claims to have an allocation, is there any paper work or verification I could request to see, to verify the do indeed have allocation.

Thanks in advance.
klinton994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:27 PM   #2
est1979

Drives: none
I've wondered this as well.

also interested in said info.
est1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 05:03 PM   #3
DylansZLE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZLE
1. Does Chevrolet notify the dealerships at the beginning of the model year as to how many models, i.e. Camaros they will receive. Or, does the dealership get notified on a weekly basis.
Dealers get a report for each cycle of a month (1 or 2 cycles a month), and these cycles could include anywhere between 1-3 weeks. We know at the beginning of each cycle how many allocations we have for the next 1-3 weeks.

2.When a dealership receives an allocation for a Camaro, is it specific to a trim package, or could any trim be ordered such as ZL1, SS, etc.
Lets say we have an allocation for a camaro for each of our two weeks. The first week could have no constraints allowing us to order whatever trim/options we want. The second week there could be a contraint on the ZL1 trim or even a color. We only know what constraints there will be during the respective order week.

3 When contacting dealers, if one claims to have an allocation, is there any paper work or verification I could request to see, to verify the do indeed have allocation.
The best thing to do here is request to talk to the ordering manager.
TPW - August 30
3300 - August 21 // 3400 - August 21
3800 10/18 // 4150 Oct 22
6000 November 1st
Instagram: dylanszle

Last edited by DylansZLE; 08-08-2021 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Readability
DylansZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:54 PM   #4
klinton994

Drives: denali
DylansZLE,
Thank you for the response and information. Would it be correct to say that a dealer has no idea when, or if, he is going to receive a Camaro allocation, until he/she receives the
report every two to three weeks?
klinton994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:51 AM   #5
POWERFULMOVES

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE MT
Dealer allocation and order number question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylansZLE View Post
Dealers get a report for each cycle of a month (1 or 2 cycles a month), and these cycles could include anywhere between 1-3 weeks. We know at the beginning of each cycle how many allocations we have for the next 1-3 weeks.

Lets say we have an allocation for a camaro for each of our two weeks. The first week could have no constraints allowing us to order whatever trim/options we want. The second week there could be a contraint on the ZL1 trim or even a color. We only know what constraints there will be during the respective order week.

The best thing to do here is request to talk to the ordering manager.
I ordered mine on 1/31 and the sales person said they placed the order but are waiting for the order to get accepted. I asked for the order number but was unable to get it. I contacted chevy and they said they dont see any camaro orders from the dealership. Am i getting the run around or is there some sort of lag between when the dealer places the order and when it shows up in the system? I want to stick with them cus they are not marking up the price but I dont want months to go by and they are just holding my deposit. They have two camaros on the lot and she said one is sold. Im thinking they are waiting on that one to be sold before they can order another one.
POWERFULMOVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:16 AM   #6
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFULMOVES View Post
I ordered mine on 1/31 and the sales person said they placed the order but are waiting for the order to get accepted. I asked for the order number but was unable to get it. I contacted chevy and they said they dont see any camaro orders from the dealership. Am i getting the run around or is there some sort of lag between when the dealer places the order and when it shows up in the system? I want to stick with them cus they are not marking up the price but I dont want months to go by and they are just holding my deposit. They have two camaros on the lot and she said one is sold. Im thinking they are waiting on that one to be sold before they can order another one.
What do you mean when you say that you contacted Chevy? I suspect that if you mean a customer service number or chat, that the person you spoke with won't have access to the system that queues the orders, just the access to view the orders once accepted. Have you visited the"constraints" thread to make sure that you haven't ordered anything that is on back order?
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:54 AM   #7
POWERFULMOVES

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
What do you mean when you say that you contacted Chevy? I suspect that if you mean a customer service number or chat, that the person you spoke with won't have access to the system that queues the orders, just the access to view the orders once accepted. Have you visited the"constraints" thread to make sure that you haven't ordered anything that is on back order?

I wasnt sure how to read or understand it I ordered a 2ss le
POWERFULMOVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 11:13 AM   #8
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
When an order is submitted into GM’s global ordering system it will have an 1100 event status which is more or less a place holder. It will remain at 1100 status until the dealer is given an allocation for that order cycle and the order is accepted by production control. Then the event code will change to 2000.

My original 2020 C8 order that was placed in December of 2019 never made it past 1100. Because of covid, dealer allocations for the 2020 MY were cut in half so my order didn’t make the cut. The dealer resubmitted the order in August of 2020 for the 2021 MY. The order remained at 1100 until the middle of November when the dealer finally had an allocation and production control accepted the order. My Corvette was built the third week of January 2021.

GM rewards dealers that have higher volume sales of Camaros and Corvettes with more allocations. That’s why you see a lot of Corvette buyers order their cars out of state with the big volume dealers like Ciocca and MacMulkin Chevrolet. They get hundreds of allocations per order cycle versus that small dealer who sells one or two a year who may not get a single allocation during an order cycle.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:47 PM   #9
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Its largely been the constraints and that mess than allocations, per se. As far as "volume" dealer I thought I was doing just that with my order and here I am 6 months later at 1100.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 02:06 PM   #10
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Quote:
I wasnt sure how to read or understand it I ordered a 2ss le

The bold part is what I'm asking. You said you contacted Chevy, an 800 number, chat, or the dealership? A lot of people also make phone calls. I am about 10 minutes from my dealership and have no problem stopping by unannounced. I'm sure my salesman hates it, but I think it let him know that I was serious.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 04:48 PM   #11
Firecaptain

Drives: '22 Summit White ZL1 A10
Look at the 3rd sticky......and contact

@JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Or they might chime in here........

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinton994 View Post
I am interested in ordering a 2022 Camaro ZL1

Would someone who definitively understands the allocation process please help me to understand how it works, and answer a few questions?

I am presently on a waiting list for a C8 Corvette, with a large volume Corvette dealer on the eastern side of the states. I contacted them regarding the order of a 2022 ZL1. They told me that they had no idea when they would receive an allocation for a Camaro. I thought this was odd.

Thanks in advance.

2020 GT350 Heritage Edition-Chassis L0350
2019 ZL1 Summit White M6
2018 Hellcat White Knuckle M6
2016 Hellcat GoMango A8
2002 Dodge Viper Viper Red
2002 Corvette Z06 Millennium Yellow
1998 Dodge Viper Viper Silver Metallic
Firecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote