Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #351
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Norris View Post
I would take the black one with 17K miles for $46k and get their additional 6 year/ 100,000 mile warranty plus their standard 5 day money back guarantee if I don't like it for any reason. Of course I would test drive the SS and AMG C63 before plunking down that kind of money on a performance sedan, I'd also look around for more affordable ones with less miles as I only spent twenty seconds to come up with that list. I'm also not here to argue, just pointing out that not all 20k mile C63's cost $70,000.

Oh I just noticed you said E65's cost $70k according to KBB, I dont know if that was just a spelling mistake or what but there is no such thing as a 2012 E65. The AMG E class totally different model with a totally different hand built engine. The E63 has a twin turbo 5.5L V8 that makes 100 more hp then the NA 6.2L in the C63 and the 65 which is avaiable only in the S and G class uses a twin turbo V12. I also would not touch a used German performance sedan with a ten foot pole, but would consider one with an additional 6 year/100k warranty like carmax offers.

Carmax: AMG C63 17k miles $46,998
That is a 2011, a 3 MY old car. And the Car Max warranty is an extra cost service plan. Have you checked what they chat purge? I've heard Audi is $1900 for the equivalent of their certified used to get the 100,000 mile power train warranty.

I'm not looking forward to the first brake job on my Audi. I'm told that will run a couple thousand. Yikes.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:20 AM   #352
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Wish these wheels were an option here
Old 02-24-2014, 07:42 AM   #353
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
I cant wait till Friday. Im calibrating the 2014 SS. The owner is going to love the extra power and my transmission tune.

Love it!
Would love to see a baseline dyno overlayed with tune results if possible! Any other mods being done or just a tune?

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:03 PM   #354
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
While the Charger SRT has 65 more HP, the SRT weighs more.
The power to weight ratio was close 9.4 (SS) lbs/hp vs 9.3 lbs/hp (SRT).

So the extra HP in the SRT doesn't impress me that much.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:33 AM   #355
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Would love to see a baseline dyno overlayed with tune results if possible! Any other mods being done or just a tune?
I think it has an air intake and that's it.

I should be able to provide the before and after dynos.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:37 AM   #356
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
I think it has an air intake and that's it.

I should be able to provide the before and after dynos.

Hey Phil, that would be great ... So far these have been all over the place on dynos. We have been seeing from 325-365rwhp. Typical after tune has been a gain of 25rwhp and 30rwtq ...
Old 03-01-2014, 06:03 AM   #357
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Chevy SS Tampa Tuning dyno numbers

I love my Camaro, but after dyno tuning a 2014 Chevy SS yesterday, Stock with a cold air intake put down low 370's RWHP on the baseline pull and after dyno tuning 390's RWHP.

It's the true LS3 mounted to the 6l80 transmission. This sucker looks like an impala, and takes off running.

Ill post up the dyno graph and pictures tomorrow

Stock, it did better than my L99 with all the bolt ons.
I hate the car for it lol

Impressive ride.

Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:35 AM   #358
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Awesome results !!!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:53 AM   #359
KMK454

Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
Quote:
I love my Camaro, but after dyno tuning a 2014 Chevy SS yesterday, Stock with a cold air intake put down low 370's RWHP on the baseline pull and after dyno tuning 390's RWHP.

It's the true LS3 mounted to the 6l80 transmission. This sucker looks like an impala, and takes off running.

Ill post up the dyno graph and pictures tomorrow

Stock, it did better than my L99 with all the bolt ons.
I hate the car for it lol

Impressive ride.

Phil
How hard do you think it would be to bolt up a T56 and make this a real sports car with 3 pedals? I'd love a red SS with a 6-speed.
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:07 AM   #360
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
How hard do you think it would be to bolt up a T56 and make this a real sports car with 3 pedals? I'd love a red SS with a 6-speed.
It has a 6 speed Sorry couldn't resist.

A sedan will never be a sports car. It can be sporty. It can be a sport sedan. Just not a sports car. An automatic or DCT can still be in a sports car. Doesn't need 3 pedals. The Corvette Z06 is a sports car and it will have a 7 speed manual or 8 speed automatic.

I have a DCT in my Audi (awesome transmission). My Audi will likely be as fast or nearly as fast to 60 as the SS and I'm pretty sure if I put performance tires on, it would be as fast or faster around the track. It's not a sports car.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #361
KMK454

Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
It has a 6 speed Sorry couldn't resist.

A sedan will never be a sports car. It can be sporty. It can be a sport sedan. Just not a sports car. An automatic or DCT can still be in a sports car. Doesn't need 3 pedals. The Corvette Z06 is a sports car and it will have a 7 speed manual or 8 speed automatic.

I have a DCT in my Audi (awesome transmission). My Audi will likely be as fast or nearly as fast to 60 as the SS and I'm pretty sure if I put performance tires on, it would be as fast or faster around the track. It's not a sports car.
We all know a properly setup automated manual such as a DCT or an F1-style transmission will be quicker around a track than a true three-pedal manual transmission.

However, there are many people who will gladly lose to your DCT automatic by .5 to 2 seconds around a road course, and they won't care, because they'll be having too much fun driving their manual transmission car.

And in street driving, where there is no stopwatch and we are not driving our cars at maximum potential, that marginal performance advantage of a DCT/automatic is simply not worth the amount of connection the driver loses with the machine when forgoing a manual transmission.
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #362
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
The one you guys wish you got

GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #363
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
We all know a properly setup automated manual such as a DCT or an F1-style transmission will be quicker around a track than a true three-pedal manual transmission.

However, there are many people who will gladly lose to your DCT automatic by .5 to 2 seconds around a road course, and they won't care, because they'll be having too much fun driving their manual transmission car.

And in street driving, where there is no stopwatch and we are not driving our cars at maximum potential, that marginal performance advantage of a DCT/automatic is simply not worth the amount of connection the driver loses with the machine when forgoing a manual transmission.
Don't mistake my point. At that price point for a sedan that is not a sports car, manual transmissions don't play. Even the Corvette which is sports car has GM's highest manual transmission penetration. Last I knew that was about 50%. A high performance sedan would likely have less than 10% and it might not be that high.

My point was my car has a DCT and is about as fast as the SS...............and it's not a sports car.

I appreciate your desire for a manual. It's just not likely to happen.......and as always, I hope I'm wrong and they surprise us.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #364
Posidon42

Drives: 08 G8 GT
It will be hard. I just did this conversion on my G8 GT and getting all of the electronics to play together was the hardest part. And I was able to baseline the car with a GXP tune. We won't have this for the SS unless GM decides to release a manual.

Yes, we could start with a Holden ecu tune, but that won't help when the BCM kicks in the anti theft controls and won't let the car start.
Posidon42 is offline   Reply With Quote