Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-27-2018, 10:11 AM   #15
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Drivers car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Yes I believe it. I wonder which one would be the best driver's car between a ZL1 VS an SS 1LE, which one would give you more driving satisfaction on road and track? I'm sure that both would beat the mighty Shelby Gt350R muscle car
According to Randy Pobst the ss 1le is the sweetest driving Camaro of the bunch. I have to agree with that from a pure driving experience point of view, however the zl1 would obviously post better lap times in the right hands.

I don't know about the ss 1le beating the gt350r, I know it can best the gt350 but I've seen plenty of tracks where the r beats the 1le. Having the said that the zl1 beats the gt350r all day, let alone zl1 1le which is probablythe more appropriate comparison as they're both the most harcore track versions respectively.

I've seen some shelby guys slight the zl1 saying on the MT h2h the zl1 barely beat the gt350r with a 200 hp advantage, but don't say anything about the gt350r barelt beating the ss 1le with its 75 hp advantage, and ss 1le matching or beating the gt350 even with its 75 hp disadvantage.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:21 AM   #16
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
The huge difference is that the Shelby GT350R wears track tires VS the Camaro on street tires. Is an apple vs orange compared. On same tires would be a tremendous advantage to the Camaro because of its its superior chassis design.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #17
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
The huge difference is that the Shelby GT350R wears track tires VS the Camaro on street tires. Is an apple vs orange compared. On same tires would be a tremendous advantage to the Camaro because of its its superior chassis design.
And those carbon wheels.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:27 PM   #18
jpdaugherty

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Between the 1LE and the GT350R it all comes down to driver. Take what the magazines say with a grain of salt. Both are great cars and lay down similar digits.
jpdaugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:56 AM   #19
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Agreed. It's still a drivers race regardless of the faster times posted, and if the camaro was on sport cup 2s those lap times would be different anyways.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 03:57 PM   #20
Kgoeb

Drives: 18 1LE, 12 Regal GS
On the topic of the thread, the ATSV and 1LE drive very similarly. The Camaro is more blunt because of the V8 torque compared to the turbo V6 in the V, but handling wise they’re pretty similar I find. I’d say the Camaro is more performance focused while the ATSV is still a Cadillac after all, so it’s geared a little more to comfort and ride quality. Again though, they’re pretty similar.

The sound of the V6 isn’t bad, so I’m not sure what people are talking about there. Of course it’s not the same as the V8, but it does sound good when you’re on it.
Kgoeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #21
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Interesting to see this guy in an ATS-V automatic went 5 seconds faster than my best lap at COTA after he only did 8 laps. Which shows this is a very fast car or he's a faster driver or I suck or maybe all 3! Lap times at COTA can be reduced by cutting corners and using more of the run off areas, but he doesn't take advantage of this too much.

carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:11 AM   #22
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
And look they even had training cones. Lol
ATS-V is just as capable of car. Like stated before it’s not a V-8, limited aftermarket and it’s way more expensive. When I test drove one turn in felt same as they are the same platform, hp/weight etc....
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:05 PM   #23
2kformula

Drives: 2019 Camaro ss 1LE
I came from a '16 ATS-V coupe M6 to a 2019 1LE M6. For me I've noticed the V seems like it was smoother and the pull was right there when I'd hit the gas. Even in 6th just cruising when I hit the gas it just went with no hesitation. The 1LE pulls just as good but with a slight delay.
The 1LE also seems to catch a little higher off the clutch than the V. What I mean is when letting off the clutch in the V and giving it gas... it would catch right about half way... that sweet spot. The 1LE catches almost right before stalling! Lol of course I got the 1LE about 4 days ago so just getting used to the differences.

Either way both great and capable cars. Missed the v8 sound but twin turbos was pretty bad ass too! Aftermarket is limited for the V, basic maintenance was more expensive than it should have been, and started seeing others have to many issues. So I decided to get back into a camaro for peace of mind, bigger aftermarket support, and cheaper maintenance.
2kformula is offline   Reply With Quote