Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #127
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Mach1 seems like what PP2 should have been, if the price is significantly lower vs GT350 it seems like a good idea. If it's closer to GT350 and ZR1 pricing then maybe not, but Ford seems to have no issues selling special edition Mustangs even if the price seems high.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:22 AM   #128
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I am a fan of the mach 1, it's getting a lot of hate and idk why (even from the Mustang community). Even the new gt350 esque grill on the 18+ head lights looks great. Best looking front end next to the gt350 imo.

I am going to guess that is mostly from the engine being a direct carry over from the Bullitt. There was a lot of rumors floating around before it was unveiled that it could be 500+ HP. That and alot seem mad that its just a mic match of pieces from cars available previous model year
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:55 PM   #129
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I am going to guess that is mostly from the engine being a direct carry over from the Bullitt. There was a lot of rumors floating around before it was unveiled that it could be 500+ HP. That and alot seem mad that its just a mic match of pieces from cars available previous model year
I think it is an exciting version of the Mustang, but it all comes down to price and availability. Will this be a high priced option? Will there be ADM's on it? Will it be limited in availability? If it is priced right, I like it. But, since this has the Mach 1 name, I will guess it will cost more than it should...
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 01:39 PM   #130
shaffe

Good points ^ I am optimistic (or dumb) that it will be priced slightly above what the Bullitt was and if there are any markups they will fall quickly. They didn't seem to last long on the Bullitt
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 06-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #131
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Seems like most of the Mustang community like the Mach I. Those that don't fall into one of three categories:
  1. They didn't do it the way I would have done it
  2. Actually believed the 525 hp rumor and disappointed that it didn't come true. Full disclosure...I was bought in on the idea that it would be a Hybrid, which would have made 525 possible, with strong electric motor assist
  3. It's just a better Bullitt

Personally, I like the car and think Ford did a good job of addressing the PP2 and Bullitt shortcomings. Now the question is will they mess it up through pricing. SS 1LE kinda has them boxed in on pricing. It's gonna cost more than SS 1LE, that's a given, but they can't go too high unless they can demonstrate that it will dominate the 1LE on track. They probably can't do that. They were pretty clear in saying "the best 5.0 on track". It would have to out-perform the GT350 on track to legitimately outperform the SS 1LE on track. If that were true they would have said "the best naturally aspirated Mustang on track". They didn't say that. If it were true, they would have said it.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:22 PM   #132
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
What they really need to do is update the chassis and interior, both are VERY long in the tooth now.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:20 PM   #133
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
What they really need to do is update the chassis and interior, both are VERY long in the tooth now.
Coming in 2023.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 06-23-2020, 08:24 AM   #134
shaffe

Quote:
Yep. Which is exactly why they have this parts bin special to keep interest in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Coming in 2023.
Rumors had it sharing platform with New Explorer, if you can guess is that still a decent rumor to follow
Old 06-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #135
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Yep. Which is exactly why they have this parts bin special to keep interest in it.

Rumors had it sharing platform with New Explorer, if you can guess is that still a decent rumor to follow
Right now we’re showing not.

Old 06-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #136
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Right now we’re showing not.
Interesting, thanks for sharing what you can as always
Old 06-23-2020, 05:27 PM   #137
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Eh, the current Mustang is only 1 year older than the Camaro. Between the two, I'd argue the Camaro is more long in the tooth because it looks so much like the 5th gen. Most people can't even tell the 5th and 6th gens apart.

The S550 chassis has varying levels for varying price points. GT350 level chassis is very good by all accounts AFAIK.

I prefer the Mustang interior styling, but the Camaro interior looks cool as well, if not eccentric with some things. Obviously, styling is subjective.

That said, I like them both and neither IMO are long in the tooth yet.

I'd say the Challenger and Charger are "long in the tooth" considering how old they are...but they still look good in SRT forms (392 and Hellcats).

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #138
shaffe

Neither Mustang or Camaro are spring chickens anymore in terms of automotive age lol.

Challenger/Charger is a dinosaur
Old 06-24-2020, 11:27 AM   #139
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Neither Mustang or Camaro are spring chickens anymore in terms of automotive age lol.

Challenger/Charger is a dinosaur
Agreed though I would say styling wise to some the camaro may look too much like the prior gen but chassis wise the s550s is really just an updated irs version of the s197 chassis.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:54 PM   #140
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Agreed though I would say styling wise to some the camaro may look too much like the prior gen but chassis wise the s550s is really just an updated irs version of the s197 chassis.
Very fair points,