Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-01-2021, 11:29 AM   #43
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Likes View Post
Wanting to re energize this thread as Im about to buy a 2ss vert.
Hows everyone doing with their tops after a few years?
My car will be 4 years with me at the end of the month. A bit over 29,000 miles and as much time as possible with the top down. I use the no-stop droptop feature often. Works as smooth as a Swiss watch.

On rare occasions the divider issue that my dealer “fixed” (see post #19) surfaces, but that is very rare now.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:13 PM   #44
SHRFT

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss 50 aniverssary vert
during the summer I use my top every day its nice. 84,500 km. No problems so far.
SHRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:18 PM   #45
my3sons_nh

Drives: 2018 2SS A8 Convertible Garnet Red
2018 so far, so good...

Delivered in April 2018, now with ~9,800 miles... Mostly garaged during the New England "driving season" and hibernating from NOV-APR. I haven't seen/experienced any of the top issues described in this thread, yet.

I bought the extended warranty from GM as this is my first convertible and if I do have these issues, they will be covered (hopefully without the dealer incompetence/frustration shared by some of you).

Nothing like driving through the New England countryside in the fall with the top down!
my3sons_nh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:06 AM   #46
Mikey Likes

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert...2019 F-250
Well... we bought it today. 2020 2SS rag top. We cant fit it into the garage and it will be mostly daily driven. This winter we have the QX50 until April. So no bad weather. And I got the outdoor cover for it.
We also tested an identical hard top. But the reason we were there was to get an end of year deal on the convertible. The wife has wanted a vert for 30 years.
The seat in the hard top didnt go as far forward as the vert. Not sure if all convertibles have less room or if it is the Recaros in the rag top. She was flooring the clutch with her tippy toes in the hard top. She was far more comfortable in the vert. So that did it.
The deal was better on the vert as well by over $2,000.00. I guess they were glad to get rid of the convertible now rather than have it sit through winter. Not to say it was 2 grand cheaper. But 2 grand more off MSRP.
Thanks all for all the info!!
Mikey Likes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:18 AM   #47
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Nice, well congratulations to you both! The car is a ton of fun.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:58 AM   #48
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:
Well... we bought it today. 2020 2SS rag top.
Congratulations to you and the wife & welcome to the Vert club
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:40 AM   #49
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Congrats, Mikey. Love mine. Show us a picture or two.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 01:31 PM   #50
Mikey Likes

Name:  20210103_141812.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  314.2 KB

Didnt really expect to take her home yesterday. I thought we would get it during the week. But they got it ready and we brought her home in the dark. Was expecting rain today. But it came in freezing rain, then snow for a bit... So first day home and she gets snowed on....
Jees... Its salt more than anythng that bothers me about winter. I used Fluid Film under the F250. I plan on doing the SS undercarriage as well. Was going to take her to work and put her up and check out the undercarriage and spray everything. Now the roads are freshly salted. Might leave her parked a while....
Thanks for the well wishes.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:35 AM   #51
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
Gray metallic is such a nice colour with the black rims and the black roof. Enjoy. So much fun. I love having my kids in the car with me.
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:37 AM   #52
Mikey Likes

Ye s I love it with the black rims. Looking at winter tires now. Will likely go black on the wheels. Although will probably go 19 or even 18" if they will fit over the brakes.
There was a lot of negativity around about driving it in the winter. In the early 70s when I started driving everything was front engine rear drive. I never owned anything that didnt have a V-8. I drove Corvettes, a GTO...a 70 Camaro and others in the snow with no issues. and We had way more snow then and the road crews barely ever used salt.
I wasnt planning on doing the winter tires until the fall though because we have the Infinity until April. But I have more concern over the summer tires in the bitter cold than worries overall about snow. More about the rubber compound than tread.
Going to have to look into exactly which summer tires they put on the convertible 2 ss.
Speak? Do you drive yours in the cold up there?
2 more years in the cold and my wifes commute is 6 miles. Last year it snowed 1 measurable time.... I think well make it.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:50 AM   #53
Speak99

Quote:
Ye s I love it with the black rims. Looking at winter tires now. Will likely go black on the wheels. Although will probably go 19 or even 18" if they will fit over the brakes.
There was a lot of negativity around about driving it in the winter. In the early 70s when I started driving everything was front engine rear drive. I never owned anything that didnt have a V-8. I drove Corvettes, a GTO...a 70 Camaro and others in the snow with no issues. and We had way more snow then and the road crews barely ever used salt.
I wasnt planning on doing the winter tires until the fall though because we have the Infinity until April. But I have more concern over the summer tires in the bitter cold than worries overall about snow. More about the rubber compound than tread.
Going to have to look into exactly which summer tires they put on the convertible 2 ss.
Speak? Do you drive yours in the cold up there?
2 more years in the cold and my wifes commute is 6 miles. Last year it snowed 1 measurable time.... I think well make it.
I will drive it in the cold, i drive in snow regularly with my DD so traction with summer tires in the cold is not unusual for me. I did put my car in the garage for the winter and even took insurance off of it. December 1st to April 1st. As Joe Biden said, its going to be a long dark winter. 😩
Old 01-04-2021, 11:48 AM   #54
Speak99

BTW, my DD is a Toyota Carolla and I beat on this pretty hard. My commute is to a small community down country roads and HWY, 56 Miles each way. This car is getting hammered by rocks, stones, mud and salt from the worst that can be thrown at a car. I wouldn't consider driving any nice car on this commute anytime of the year.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:42 PM   #55
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
this is my DD, just under 9K miles. The top gets cycled often and multiple times per day. That is why I bought it.

The only problem was the window delamination. Never driven top up windows down. Top replaced under warranty.

Other than that no issues yet. I do not have a feel for how many top cycles but it is 100s if I had to guess. I wish it had a counter.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:23 AM   #56
wildchevy

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS convertible
18 2SS 15k no problems and expect none.

2018 HBM 2SS CONVERTIBLE A8
wildchevy is offline   Reply With Quote