Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #43
Chive Driver
Keep Calm and Chive On

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
idk based on all the videos its barely noticable
Old 10-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #44
Supreme Leader
Account Suspended

Drives: MANual
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
<<<< selling dam near new NPP Dual Mode Cat-Back.
fuse was pulled before i got home from dealer. so the valves have basically never had to move. only 2k miles atm. so there just now starting to get a little throatier.

full cat back + diffuser, but i would need a stock exhaust diffuser along with the $

PM meh
Why are you selling it? What u getting instead?
Supreme Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #45
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I really don't care what others think of my comment. These are street cars. I love them, and it shows because I bought one, but the things that make a car sound intimidating to me are things that make them not very streetable. Love your car for what it is, but don't think its something it is not. I guess what I am saying is that I just don't see the stock Camaros as intimidating (and an exhaust change and a mild street cam to me are still basically stock).

Now my original comment about why pissing someone off by setting off their alarm still stands. To me that is just stupid, but hey that's me. Not trying to be a troll, just really did not understand.
Someone must have tooken your man card from you!!! Hurry give this man a shot of tequila in all good fun we all have different opinions my dad loves that my car is loud my mom and gf on the other hand absolutely hate it!

Last edited by Nightmare2012; 10-13-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #46
Chive Driver
Keep Calm and Chive On

lol
Old 10-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #47
Chive Driver
Keep Calm and Chive On

no new insight?
Old 10-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #48
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
I took a quick video of our new 2014 SS with dual mode. Only mod so far is the fuse pull to keep the dual mode open all the time.

BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #49
Chive Driver
Keep Calm and Chive On

thank you for sharing
Old 11-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #50
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I really don't care what others think of my comment. These are street cars. I love them, and it shows because I bought one, but the things that make a car sound intimidating to me are things that make them not very streetable. Love your car for what it is, but don't think its something it is not. I guess what I am saying is that I just don't see the stock Camaros as intimidating (and an exhaust change and a mild street cam to me are still basically stock).

Now my original comment about why pissing someone off by setting off their alarm still stands. To me that is just stupid, but hey that's me. Not trying to be a troll, just really did not understand.
Every time I ride my scoot with 3 or 4 club brothers, the rumbling of the HDs set off every car alarm in the neighborhood.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:35 AM   #51
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenningJ View Post
The NPP exhaust really breaks in after about 6,000 miles. At idle is has a good sound and decible level then when you go WOT is gets fairly loud with a great tone. My buddy says I sound like a racecar when I pass him.
On the street, stealth is the key. Ride quietly and carry a big stick. My 600+ HP 1962 Chevy II was so quiet, you could hear the solid lifters over the exhaust at idle. Wide open throttle was no louder than most family cars, but I ran 9 second quarter mile ETs.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #52
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Here is Kooks headers and high flow cats, with NPP

And here it is after my cam.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote