Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-24-2022, 07:16 PM   #29
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytbro00 View Post
I have taken my Camaro 2017 SS in for because of shudder and rear thud and shake issues. They did a trans flush and nothing else for the differential. I take it home and still differential problems.. Service guy said to drive it a couple hundred miles and see if it the thud and shaking disappears..

A few weeks later, I take it back, manager had a ride with me to check and said it is most likely the rear differential but they are not able to work on Camaro rear differentials..

There is no other nearby Chevrolet dealers. Can I take it to any GM dealers? My warrant is ending on the 29th and my current dealer has been of no help at all despite reaching out several times.

That sounds like the Dealer is BS's you. All dealers are required to have certified techs to handle any issues with any new car they sell you. If they really have no one its up to them to contact GM and get someone in there. They are FOS!
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:32 PM   #30
KaMaRow
Account Suspended

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to KaMaRow Send a message via AIM to KaMaRow Send a message via Yahoo to KaMaRow Send a message via Skype™ to KaMaRow
When I go to my local Toyota dealer with my supra I typically have to make an appointment and wait a week or so because they only have one trained tech that works on supras. They don't want to let any other tech touch the supras because of liability and wanting the repair or what ever done right. So I sorta see the dealers side of things if they dont have a certified Camaro tech to work on the issue but... They should have a tech for the products they sell. Now with Camaro sales so low and with some dealers still having hard time finding help they might legit not have anyone who can do the repair. And honestly I would rather drive somewhere and have someone do it right then force a local dealer who doesn't have a trained person to do it work on my car.

My point you might be better off and get a quality repair going else where then trying to force the local dealer to do it if they dont want to or dont have the people to do it.

Also read your warranty manual there is a section for dealers not being able to complete a repair or there being no dealer in the current area. you can get GM to authorize repairs by a third party and be reimbursed.

The warranty manual is a wonderful thing most people don't read it. did you know that up to 7500 miles things like the wiper blades are warranty items? and batteries have the same warranty as the car. Ive seen so many people pay for batteries when they could of had it replaced for free.

Ive know people had their after market exhaust paid for by the manufacturer with the warranty. See a car technically is illegal to drive with no exhaust. and if you are not with in so many miles of an authorized dealer to make an exhaust repair under warranty then well you have to have one to drive so they had to buy what ever was available aftermarket i mean the shop only had borla on the shelf ready to go.. filed a claim and the manufacturer paid for the aftermarket exhaust. its federal law. its all right there in that little book.

long story short.. you have options use them

Last edited by KaMaRow; 03-24-2022 at 11:44 PM.
KaMaRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 12:02 PM   #31
buck50

Drives: 2021 C8, 2022 Camaro 2SS
Loose bolts and or nuts on rear axle

Before you have someone start tearing into your differential you may want to check these two simple items that may be causing your noise. See if the axle bolts are loose as discussed in the first link and have they been updated to the latest ones? Are your rear axle nuts backing out as discussed in the second thread.

Axle bolt update

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499904&highlight=axle+nut
----------------------------------------------------------------
Axle nuts backing off

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573305
3800 2/15/2022
4300 2/19/2022
4B00 3/04/2022
4000 3/8/2022
Delivered 3/9/2022
3400 7/7/2016
4200 7/25/2016