Old 09-22-2018, 12:10 AM   #43
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Old 09-22-2018, 12:15 AM   #44
Jarret

Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1 - Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
I'm really interested to hear this. Let's see if it can beat my Kooks axleback. Now, I'm just curious on price. I hope they dont pull a GTHaus move and charge $3k for an axleback.
Still wanting that axleback, but I had to end up buying new tires and then got my registration in the mail the next day so.....exhaust will have to wait a bit :(
Jarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:49 AM   #45
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
I believe if you shut it down in stealth mode, it will start in stealth mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
That’s not accurate.
Yes, I was thinking 5th Gen where that was the case.

Quote:
These npp comments. Come on guys. If you want npp, just look elsewhere. I got rid of my valves without a second thought when I installed my Kooks axleback. I dont miss having the option at all. I pulled the fuse as soon as I brought the car home anyway.

Complete PITA to go through to MyLink and put it in stealth mode every time you shut down for a small degree of quiet. You're not getting measurable performance gains on a catback so sound is the whole point.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:05 AM   #46
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
Some of you must have some whiney neighbors. I haven't heard a cold start that's that concerning. My neighbor has a freaking racecar that he starts with his garage door up from time to time. It doesn't bother anyone a bit.
I guess I do.. I live in a neighborhood where many of my neighbors are white collar/ medical field and drive mundane luxury vehicles.. starting my Corsa Z06 up at 4:30 in the morn when I leave works has been described as a “bomb going off” it was said by a neighbor in a jokingly manner but I have a 2 and 4 year old and my wife cringes when I take the Z to work cause I wake the kids up. I’m in NY where my house is 70 ft from a neighbors. Maybe In a rural neighborhood it’s less of an issue. I’m 35 and on my way home I like the noise but also can see people’s opinions as it being a bit immature and frustrating to hear it everyday.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:53 AM   #47
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
I guess I do.. I live in a neighborhood where many of my neighbors are white collar/ medical field and drive mundane luxury vehicles.. starting my Corsa Z06 up at 4:30 in the morn when I leave works has been described as a “bomb going off” it was said by a neighbor in a jokingly manner but I have a 2 and 4 year old and my wife cringes when I take the Z to work cause I wake the kids up. I’m in NY where my house is 70 ft from a neighbors. Maybe In a rural neighborhood it’s less of an issue. I’m 35 and on my way home I like the noise but also can see people’s opinions as it being a bit immature and frustrating to hear it everyday.
It all depends on who you live near and some of the circumstances you just noted like where your garage is situated. All it takes is annoying one person to have issues. I have cool neighbors with no little kids so I'm lucky. I also severly limit my 4:30 am starts but I do like to drive the car to work every now and then. My neighbor across the street says he can hear me every time I head up the freeway on-ramp exactly one mile away.

This may be my next exhaust system.

But then I'm pretty damn picky.... so far so good from what I see..
Old 09-22-2018, 03:17 PM   #48
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
I'm really interested to hear this. Let's see if it can beat my Kooks axleback. Now, I'm just curious on price. I hope they dont pull a GTHaus move and charge $3k for an axleback.
Don't know if I would call it "Pull a GT Haus" - they didn't pull anything, that's just what they've always charged for their exhausts - significantly more than your Borla/Flowmaster etc. systems out there. AWE is inline with GT Haus as far as high quality, precision made exhaust systems so I would fully expect GT Haus like pricing. In the case of GT Haus, they're not a very big company, and their stuff is mostly custom/hand made. I don't have a ton of experience with AWE but most companies that make exhausts for McLaren's and BMWs don't charge $800 for an exhaust...
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #49
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
They've already said in another thread the MAX price will be $1995 and releasing on Phastek's site upon launch.
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:41 PM   #50
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
They've already said in another thread the MAX price will be $1995 and releasing on Phastek's site upon launch.
That's not too bad.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #51
Crim

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfury05 View Post
^This... it's crazy how a new system is announced and some just want to hate on the new guy...

Probably since this looks like something 1st class and their going to be pissed when they already bought something else.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #52
Fast Dalmation

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Josh and AWE offer amazing product. Having owned many European performance beasts, they will kick butt in this market. If a full exhaust system is only $2K that will be a bargain.

The only reason I did not pull the trigger on my last build was because I went with a $10K Akrapovic Titanium system on my Audi.

Looking forward to this product, and testing it on my ZL1 1LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
^This... it's crazy how a new system is announced and some just want to hate on the new guy...

Probably since this looks like something 1st class and their going to be pissed when they already bought something else.
Fast Dalmation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:22 PM   #53
Crim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Dalmation View Post
Josh and AWE offer amazing product. Having owned many European performance beasts, they will kick butt in this market. If a full exhaust system is only $2K that will be a bargain.

The only reason I did not pull the trigger on my last build was because I went with a $10K Akrapovic Titanium system on my Audi.

Looking forward to this product, and testing it on my ZL1 1LE.
Excited to hear, and from the videos I've seen I'm quite sure it will be a big hit in the Camaro world.

I'm just guessing but it probably went well with Mustangs too. Only regret is they should have come here first..
Old 09-22-2018, 08:14 PM   #54
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Don't know if I would call it "Pull a GT Haus" - they didn't pull anything, that's just what they've always charged for their exhausts - significantly more than your Borla/Flowmaster etc. systems out there. AWE is inline with GT Haus as far as high quality, precision made exhaust systems so I would fully expect GT Haus like pricing. In the case of GT Haus, they're not a very big company, and their stuff is mostly custom/hand made. I don't have a ton of experience with AWE but most companies that make exhausts for McLaren's and BMWs don't charge $800 for an exhaust...
Well, my wording could've been different but also exhaust companies must know their market. GThaus may not care, but if you actually want to sell Camaro exhausts, $3k pricing isn't gonna move many. But based off the Mustang kits, I don't think AWE will quite go there, and if the sound is what we hope, I will actually probably switch. Kooks makes McLaren exhausts too by the way. I'm excited to find out more about this system and can't wait for more details and some sound clips. Not hating like someone mentioned. The more the merrier in my opinion. Can't wait to see the 4.5" tips too. To my knowledge, all others have been 4" thus far.

Last edited by mdmoore23; 09-22-2018 at 08:32 PM.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #55
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Excited to hear, and from the videos I've seen I'm quite sure it will be a big hit in the Camaro world.

I'm just guessing but it probably went well with Mustangs too. Only regret is they should have come here first..

From the sound clips, the Mustang systems sound pretty darn good. I think they're going to bring that deep rumble to the Camaro that so many of the other systems lack.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 AM   #56
Crim

Quote:
From the sound clips, the Mustang systems sound pretty darn good. I think they're going to bring that deep rumble to the Camaro that so many of the other systems lack.
I see they use an H-pipe on the Mustang. What's it going to be on the Camaro?

I like what I hear as well.