Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 06-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #15
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
I'm sure it won't be long before the old K5 Blazer fans come out of the woodwork and blast Chevy for putting the Blazer name on a grocery-getter crossover SUV. With the retro looking Bronco returning to Ford, I'm actually really surprised Chevy didn't follow suit with the Blazer. I'd Chevy would be looking to poach some Wrangler sales from FCA.
I've already seen this happening in a couple GM truck groups. They are losing their minds

I don't hate it (probably because it looks so much like a crossover Camaro), but I'll probably never buy an SUV in my life so my opinion doesn't mean much
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:07 PM   #16
man0steel

Drives: 2016 2LT vert 2.0 R/S A8
I want that round steering wheel
man0steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #17
Bigdog9586

Drives: 2016 Z06 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgez32 View Post
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...hotos-and-info

I guess this new design language works better on SUVs but the new Blazer is really pulling off the new Camaro look which makes me feel like the 2019 "facelift" of the Camaro is even more questionable
Front grill looks Lexus.
Bigdog9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:20 PM   #18
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
While I’m not digging the 6.5 Camaro SS refresh, the 2019 Chevrolet Blazer has found a fan I me. And my wife too! We were looking to replace her 2015 Equinox LTZ with a newer Equinox. Then I showed her this. Looks like she is interested in this now instead, in the RS trim with the 3.6 V6. Cool!
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 05:47 PM   #19
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
it looks good for an SUV.but i will never buy an SUv.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:48 PM   #20
SSmash

Drives: Mosaic Black Camaro 2SS
lol, so they made the Blazer look like the '16-'18 Camaro and made the '19+ Camaro look like a Charger/Malibu...
SSmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:28 AM   #21
Bigdog9586

Drives: 2016 Z06 coupe
Built in Mexico so won’t be in my garage.
Bigdog9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #22
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
I'm sure it won't be long before the old K5 Blazer fans come out of the woodwork and blast Chevy for putting the Blazer name on a grocery-getter crossover SUV. With the retro looking Bronco returning to Ford, I'm actually really surprised Chevy didn't follow suit with the Blazer. I'd Chevy would be looking to poach some Wrangler sales from FCA.
My daily driver is a Blazer ,which i been driving for the last 18 years and all i can say is i thank heavens the new Blazer looks more like my Camaro then a old Blazer ,don't need another stupid looking retro vehicle . My only concern with the new Blazer is what color i will get it in , i could care less if its not a body on frame Blazer that looks like a 45 year design. I seen pictures of the retro Bronco and didn't know if i wanted to laugh or cry . Designers need to leave the past in the past and get better at what they are paid to do . Chevy has some of the most ordinary suvs/cuvs on the market and thats about to change.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #23
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog9586 View Post
Built in Mexico so won’t be in my garage.
I agree 100% and also no Buick Envison (made in China). There are also Silverados made in Mexico. I wonder how many buyers even check the window sticker. Of course some of the Camaro content is foreign made. Helping to kill US jobs and increase trade imbalance. JMO.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #24
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateorush90 View Post
It's possible that due to people having exceedingly (almost unrealistic) high expectations of what the new Camaro should be/look like, that an SUV not as dear to enthusiasts can get away with praise and acceptance more easily.
Anything is possible, but that's not what's happening here. The hard truth is the new Camaro refresh is a step backwards. The design team confused "aggressive" with "ridiculous black grill". The new Blazer takes the Cam6.5 design and refines it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateorush90 View Post
Notice how people have done "touch-ups" to the front end to make it "significantly better". The refresh actually isn't that bad: it's our obsessive eye, and unrealistic expectations that stems from a strong passion. The majority of the average Joe's/Joe's-ettes I see in other social media outlets seem to really like the appearance of the refresh.
You can put makeup on Roseanne Barr and make her look "significantly better" but she'll never be Kate Beckinsale. The Cam6 got a lot of flack for looking too similar to the Cam5, not for being fugly like the Cam6.5 is. The Cam6 took the Cam5 look and refined it kind of like how the Blazer took this Cam6.5 and refined it. All the photoshop tweaks in the world don't make the 6.5 a sexy car like the 6 was.

$.02
Stroked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #25
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
I agree 100% and also no Buick Envison (made in China). There are also Silverados made in Mexico. I wonder how many buyers even check the window sticker. Of course some of the Camaro content is foreign made. Helping to kill US jobs and increase trade imbalance. JMO.
Well, I guess we won't be reading any posts from you guys anymore since the devices you're typing on are made in China. Oh, and don't forget to turn in the TV's too since they're not made in 'Merica either.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:50 PM   #26
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Well, I guess we won't be reading any posts from you guys anymore since the devices you're typing on are made in China. Oh, and don't forget to turn in the TV's too since they're not made in 'Merica either.
Add into your list rip the transmissions out of cars.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:22 PM   #27
CCG Garnet Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Still have a choice on some autos, not so much on computers.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:25 PM   #28
CCG Garnet Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Add into your list rip the transmissions out of cars.
Window sticker on son's 17 Camaro says engine and transmission, USA. Other content 17% Mexico. I admit globalization is here to stay.