Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 06-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #99
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak View Post
Whats the surprise? Welcome to American Build Quality. If you want something built solid, buy Audi. Otherwise deal with it.
Careful with comments like that. Just to be clear on this for you my 2013 Audi S4 has already had the entire steering system replaced and the sun roof motor. I still love it and am still glad I made the purchase.

Steering at 1,000 miles and sunroof at 4,000

NO ONE MAKES A PERFECT CAR!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #100
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
A few points:

CR is not perfect. Did you know you don't have to be an owner to rate a vehicle?

You need to use JD Power as well for a true picture. Just a quick search there shows the Camaro to pretty decent.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...o/Reliability/

When the Camaro first came out, CR dinged it for "cramped rear seat and poor visibility". Oooooh that took some rocket science. Those are results of styling features of the car and are only quality issues for folks like CR.

GM is always striving to improve quality. I know because I was there and part of that effort. Constant evaluation and improvement. I had the priveledge to teach classes on Reliabilty and Durability. It is no easy task and having worked at 3 OEMs now I can assure you it is a constant battle. Could GM improve? Sure, they would openly admit that. Are they working hard to improve? Yes, every single day.

So if you had stopped with GM isn't number one in JD Power in all segments and could improve you would have made a factual statement.

What you did was list a bunch of low volume problems and used them to jump to the conclusion that GM quality is poor. Data shows that it isn't so you only continue to support your argument with fragments and little data.

GM has pretty much been mid pack or better for quality for the last few years. Even Toyota when you exclued Lexus (different and long story) has not been great.

So yes, they can do better. Are they poor? Not even close.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #101
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
I can't speak to the problems the OP has addressed, but in the last 10 years, most of my family has owned or does own GM products. Most ( with the exceptions of my father's Buicks) have had variations of quality control issues. Most of the problems were minor or repaired under warranty. The common thread with my family has been the poor Customer Service Experience with GM associated dealerships. The bad experiences far outnumber the good. GM has been a PIA everytime I had warranty work that needed done. My Camaro has been in three times for warranty work and yes...my AFM lifters do make noise, but I am mulling what I want to do with that. I believe every manufacturer has blips in products, it is how the Manufacturer is represented while repairing the problems that really drives what kind of value a customer sees in their purchase.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #102
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
We don't care that you have owned two whole Camaros. You're no expert. You're not a GM Camaro engineer. With your ridiculous attitude, you are certainly no GM QA engineer.

I know this is a really tough concept for you, but someone could go to the dealer, see a quality issue on a Camaro, or Camaros, and their opinion of what they saw means just as much, if not more than yours. They have just as much right to voice their opinion as anyone. So if you can get your inflated ego out of the way, let people speak.

STOP HASSLING PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD.
Wow, all I can say to that is you need to take a good look in your mirror you will see the face of a hypocrite.

Closed Thread

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation