Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 07-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
Cito

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Fuel starvation under cornering at autocross?

Had a very frustrating day with the SS 1LE yesterday. Was at Lincoln Airpark for a regional event. On 3 of my 4 runs, I had the car go into what I assume is limp mode during or right after a right hand sweeper. When this occurred, it would not rev beyond 5000 rpm for the rest of the run. Had less than a 1/4 tank of gas. The data shows I was doing a sustained 1.2g's through that sweeper.

The weird thing is that my son was codriving. He never had it happen to him even after it happened to me. His data show he was doing about 1.1 g's through the corner.

Wondering if this sounds like fuel starvation? Any other ideas? Do I need to take it in to get checked, or just run more fuel?

At least I hit ice mode during the one run that was worth a crap.

Appreciate any thoughts. Love the car, but yesterday was a frustrating one.

Thanks.
Cito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #2
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Very possible you ran the pump dry - which is not good idea since it is cooled by the fuel.

Try w more gas and see if problem is resolved. It's not like our tanks are foam filled or baffled to limit sloshing.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:04 PM   #3
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I run with a 1/4 or 1/8 of a tank for autocross and have never had a fuel issue, also the ZL1 1LE has never ran into ice mode issues like my last 2 5th gens did. Maybe it's time to upgrade? If anything I love the fact that I no longer have to worry about ice mode trying to kill me into a corner.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
We had the low fuel light come on just as we got to the start line yesterday. Made it thru the last run with no issues. Our sweeper was a left hander though.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #5
Cito

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
We had a left hand sweeper right before the right hand sweeper, and it only happened in the right hand sweeper. So, I would assume the fuel pickup is on the right side?

Would love to upgrade to a ZL1 1LE, but not in the cards at this point. The ice mode was almost forgivable given that it occurred going into a corner with a bump right at the entrance.

I will run more fuel. I have found a few threads reflecting fuel starvation issues, but they do not appear common, so I was just checking to see if there is something else that might be doing it. Thanks for the input.

Last edited by Cito; 07-09-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Cito is offline   Reply With Quote