Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-28-2019, 11:51 AM   #1
Lt Berserker

Drives: V6 1LE
Road America Track day with V6 1LE

So finally stretched the legs of the Camaro at Road America, unfortunately I don't have data yet (something to look into).

Highly impressed by the grip and brakes on the baby 1le... Second track day ever, first time at RA.

Was following a GT350 on old Mich PSS (pitted with him didn't find out later it was to cool overheating tires - thought I had missed a checkered flag for the session lol). My only mod is afe lowering springs which this was the first time trying then at an event... Pretty pleased - now I just have to get better at driving lol.

Track bug has definitely bitten...

He's some of the video I'm managed to upload so far

https://youtu.be/kJNKsM1DpFQ

https://youtu.be/uNIf1MYc_xc

https://youtu.be/0SmqjVBSG50
Lt Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
Bluebarchetta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I absolutely love RA, lots of race laps there. Very solid effort for your 2nd track day.

I’m not a fan of whomever set up most of the cones at the apex’s. Most are too close to the track and are discouraging proper use of the gators/curbs.

A few RA hints for you.
1. The only “rumbles” that will really get a car loose are on the Outside of turns 1, 5 and 8. (And Canada corner, but you gotta be going fairly fast to get to those). These are not the traditional raised gator/curbs but are actually “holes/channels” dug into the surface. They get deeper the farther you go away from the track edge, and because they are on the outside of the turns, the disturbance to the suspension is on the weighted side of the car.

2. The red/yellow colored gators/curbs on the inside of the turns should be used liberally.

3. There is concrete that is smoother than the gators/curbs on the outside of turns 3, 6, and 14. It’s actually preferred to allow the car to track out across the gators, and run the smoother area to the end, as you ease back onto the track. This is especially faster at 6 and 14.

Happy to give you a couple pointers on your line if you want.

Tracking is very addictive, good to see another “victim” to the craziness!
Bluebarchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:00 PM   #3
Lt Berserker

Drives: V6 1LE
Thanks!!! Any help is appreciated... Right now I know there is a ton of work I need to do on braking alone... Once I get a flush get some pads and more funds (lol) to run it more I can push harder. By the end I realized how much time I can cut and how great the alpha chassis is! Awesome flow to the course and bring able to sling the car around it.

Last edited by Lt Berserker; 06-29-2019 at 12:03 AM.
Lt Berserker is offline   Reply With Quote