Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #15
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
Well said Scott..

When I saw it at the Fest I too became a little choked up..
Old 04-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #16
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
AS a Retired U.S. Navy Veteran who served for 21 years, 7 months, and 16 days I felt Very Honored to see That Camaro that shows what those who have served in the Military before Me and Along Side of Me Have Done. It is a Great Tribute to ALL WHO HAVE SERVED, AND TO THOSE SERVING RIGHT NOW.

Walt Briese
OS1(SW) USN (Ret.)

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
Old 04-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #17
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Thumbs up GOD BLESS A VETRAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

The Jalopnik post only proves and highlights the ignorance of so many.

I commissioned Mickey Harris to airbrush that Camaro for the Autoshow circuit.

He asked me what I'd like.

I told him that I wanted a car that would HONOR all that have served in our military to gain FREEDOM for people the world over. The car is NOT about WAR - it is about FREEDOM.....and unfortunately FREEDOM is not FREE!

I think he hit it out of the ballpark -- and I've been priviledged to watch as tens of thousands witness the car firsthand. I watch the tears. I watch people as they look at Mickey's work in awe........and I've had thousands come up to me and thank me (.....no need to thank me - thank those who gave so much!!!).....for the tribute.

One Grandmother -- on September 11, 2010 -- and asked me if the car would be there the next day. The reason? She has 9 grandchildren and she felt that this was a history lesson that they needed to learn. (......perhaps some on Jalopnik need to learn history as well.....)

So - we live in a free country - and thus, people can spout off to their hearts' content.......and it's because of the men and women who have sacrificed so much THAT THEY HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF TYPING WHATEVER THEY WANT TO WITHOUT WORRYING THAT THEY MAY DISAPPEAR INTO THE NIGHT AS IN MOST PLACES IN THIS WORLD!!!!

I prefer to ignore them (.....they are ignorant of facts.......) and prefer to concentrate on those who are moved by Mickey's majestic artwork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 View Post
Well said Scott..

When I saw it at the Fest I too became a little choked up..
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCoolBreeze View Post
AS a Retired U.S. Navy Veteran who served for 21 years, 7 months, and 16 days I felt Very Honored to see That Camaro that shows what those who have served in the Military before Me and Along Side of Me Have Done. It is a Great Tribute to ALL WHO HAVE SERVED, AND TO THOSE SERVING RIGHT NOW.

Walt Briese
OS1(SW) USN (Ret.)

I LOVE you guys! Man when I saw that car in person, I had tears in my eyes, I almost used too much of my SD memory card to save any ZL1 images! God Bless all U.S. Veterans and their families.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #18
Z28RockStar

Special THANK YOU to you Scott, nicely done sir.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #19
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Scott,
Well said, and it's times like this that I am amazed by the fact that we should/have/opt to be politically correct in our responses to persons such as those that posted negative replys.

I agree that this forum is no place for a political debate or discussions related to items as such, but once in a while...

My grandfather prior to his death to a drunk driver, was a bomber pilot in WWII, and my dad and brother are both retired military... I respect and admire all of our military members, and our public servants here at home...

Thank You for commissioning the paint job that reminds me so much of those that provided our freedoms... And the right to ignore the ignorance of those denegrating this beautiful American Icon...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 04-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #20
Z28RockStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Scott,
Well said, and it's times like this that I am amazed by the fact that we should/have/opt to be politically correct in our responses to persons such as those that posted negative replys.

I agree that this forum is no place for a political debate or discussions related to items as such, but once in a while...

My grandfather prior to his death to a drunk driver, was a bomber pilot in WWII, and my dad and brother are both retired military... I respect and admire all of our military members, and our public servants here at home...

Thank You for commissioning the paint job that reminds me so much of those that provided our freedoms... And the right to ignore the ignorance of those denegrating this beautiful American Icon...
More so than denigrating an American icon, they are denigrating you and your family. I take it personally. I'd love the privilege of beating the $#!% out of any loudmouth anti American anti U.S. military spouting off such ideology. Never seems to happen around me though :c
Old 04-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #21
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
More so than denigrating an American icon, they are denigrating you and your family. I take it personally. I'd love the privilege of beating the $#!% out of any loudmouth anti American anti U.S. military spouting off such ideology. Never seems to happen around me though :c
But that only reinforces their gimme handouts mentality that fighting is not the answer... I also have and choose in most cases the right to ignore their ignorance... I have to stop now or risk getting to stick my nose in the corner for going off on a politically incorrect bent...

My respect and appreciation to you for your service...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 04-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #22
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
Wow, are you guys ever wound up at was an obvious (albeit poorly executed) attempt at humor. US history= war (?). We get it. No need to get choked up over an article that does not match your incredibly patriotic demeanor. You all do realize though that your country's history and heritage include things other than military service, don't you?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I have tremendous respect for those of you who have served or are serving in the military. You all have done tremendous things for not only your country, but many others as well. But please, don't let your patriotism overwhelm your sense of humor.

Still, that is one awesome paint job!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #23
Z28RockStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
Wow, are you guys ever wound up at was an obvious (albeit poorly executed) attempt at humor. US history= war (?). We get it. No need to get choked up over an article that does not match your incredibly patriotic demeanor. You all do realize though that your country's history and heritage include things other than military service, don't you?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I have tremendous respect for those of you who have served or are serving in the military. You all have done tremendous things for not only your country, but many others as well. But please, don't let your patriotism overwhelm your sense of humor.

Still, that is one awesome paint job!

He wants to execute some poor humor at sponge bob, go right ahead. I suffer PTSD among other injuries and yep I admit I am bent, proud of my great grand father, grand father and father, I guess I could be more politically correct. . . but I'm not. I never make fun or utilize "humor" in regards to this great nation in a denigrating manner, or the people that made it so.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:57 AM   #24
Z28RockStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
But that only reinforces their gimme handouts mentality that fighting is not the answer... I also have and choose in most cases the right to ignore their ignorance... I have to stop now or risk getting to stick my nose in the corner for going off on a politically incorrect bent...

My respect and appreciation to you for your service...

Thank you Brother! Respect to you as well, thank you for your patriotism.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:52 AM   #25
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
He wants to execute some poor humor at sponge bob, go right ahead. I suffer PTSD among other injuries and yep I admit I am bent, proud of my great grand father, grand father and father, I guess I could be more politically correct. . . but I'm not. I never make fun or utilize "humor" in regards to this great nation in a denigrating manner, or the people that made it so.
By all means be proud, that is your lineage after all. But "political correctness" has nothing to do with this. Your great nation was made up by far more than the wars you fought in or the people who fought in them. Celebrate that aspect, but don't lose sight of the other achievements your countrymen achieved outside the theater of war. Your history is far richer than just that one aspect.

For example, you pride yourselves in freedom of speech, regardless if everyone agrees with it or not. Some people might take offence to him poking a bit of fun at spongebob (well, nobody sane or over 6 years old I hope ). Point is, it doesn't really matter who/what someone pokes fun at, everyone is allowed to do so equally. Take it with a grain of salt and move on.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:35 AM   #26
Z28RockStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
By all means be proud, that is your lineage after all. But "political correctness" has nothing to do with this. Your great nation was made up by far more than the wars you fought in or the people who fought in them. Celebrate that aspect, but don't lose sight of the other achievements your countrymen achieved outside the theater of war. Your history is far richer than just that one aspect.

For example, you pride yourselves in freedom of speech, regardless if everyone agrees with it or not. Some people might take offence to him poking a bit of fun at spongebob (well, nobody sane or over 6 years old I hope ). Point is, it doesn't really matter who/what someone pokes fun at, everyone is allowed to do so equally. Take it with a grain of salt and move on.

Everyone is allowed to do so. . . equally. Hmm how did that happen. Grain of salt OK yeap. You move on I suppose, thank you for the advice. Be well. . . and enjoy yourself and your family. BTW I do feel it matters what an individual makes fun of. Especially if you're making fun of the reason you have the right to be a disrespectful asshole. Just my humble opinion.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #27
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Closed.

There are days when being a monderator sucks... I'd love to be able to speak my mind.......

Closed Thread