Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-25-2018, 07:30 AM   #57
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
The salesman asked me if my Hellcat and 1LE would be registered st the same address when we were discussing discounts. Is that the Conquest discount?

On the GM website there was a $1,000 rebate being offered when I built the car.

Yes, it’s great news on the $$. I’m worried Geico is going to drag their feet on the home stretch and I’m gonna miss the savings, I have till next Thursday !
The $3K discount (or was it $2K?) I got was for non US car ownership that was less than 10 years old. If you were trading or just had one in the family fleet and could produce a registration with the buyers name on it you got the discount. Yours could be a variation of that.

BTW, which car over all do you like better, the Hellcat or ZL1?

Also I have a destruction of a fast Camaro story too. And I was an idiot! I let a Mustang driver run my TT 1LE at Millville NJ. Mustang drivers can't handle fast cars! Life is for learning.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #58
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The $3K discount (or was it $2K?) I got was for non US car ownership that was less than 10 years old. If you were trading or just had one in the family fleet and could produce a registration with the buyers name on it you got the discount. Yours could be a variation of that.

BTW, which car over all do you like better, the Hellcat or ZL1?

Also I have a destruction of a fast Camaro story too. And I was an idiot! I let a Mustang driver run my TT 1LE at Millville NJ. Mustang drivers can't handle fast cars! Life is for learning.
GM has a 1K rebate on their website, you don’t have to do anything to get it. The additional 2k savings I’m getting is for the Hellcat being registered at the same address (that’s my assumption anyway).

Your question is a complex one. I was asking this very same question all over the internet when I was researching the 1LE.

The Hellcat and ZL1 can’t be compared. They are two different cars, built to perform in TOTALLY different ways.

I’m going to do my best to explain it for those that own one of them and are considering the other one.

HELLCAT will not put the grin on your face and make you say WOW when you’re carving up corners in a windy back country road or a road course. My girlfriend and I literally kept giggling and saying WOW the entire time we were driving the Zl1 in the back roads of upstate NY. The crisp, sharp and responsive handling the ZL1 1LE has is not found in the Hellcat.

The Hellcat makes you laugh and say WOW EVERYTINE you merge onto a highway, EVERYTIME you downshift 2 gears and punch it (at any speed), EVERYTIME you are on the boulevard and you are in first or second gear and you stab the gas I guarantee you’ll giggle.

It’s truly a freak of nature that defies physics and wants to kill you......all at the same time, while making you laugh. The Hellcat’s supercharger wine is amazing to listen to, I know it’s just “noise” but to car guys that supercharger wine means something hahaha.
A 4400 pound car is not supposed to do the things the Hellcat does, it’s amazing.

The 1LE doesn’t make you go WOW when you punch the gas because of that stupid lazy gas pedal and the way it’s tuned. But it’s not built for that and luckily we can modify it to get red of most of the lag. I still had a ton of fun driving it. The handling, the stiffness (yes, I actually like the stiffness) of the chassis and the the steering are all a plus in my book. The exhaust note on the 1LE is awesome when the valves open (especially when cruising on the highway at 60 mph). I like that the 1LE is smaller, sits low and it looks like what it’s built for......... the track . The interior of the 1LE is well done and doesn’t feel generic like the Hellcat does.

To sumize........
the Hellcat is the sledge hammer, the 1LE is the samurai sword !

The Hellcat is the wild bull that wants to throw you off and step on your head, the 1LE is the stallion that comes around the corner with stunning ease while defying the laws of physics in its own way.

Two different machines.

By the way, if it wasn’t the 1LE, I wouldn’t get a zl1 if you already have a Hellcat. The Hellcat will give you enough cornering ability to keep you pleased.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:06 AM   #59
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Ok fellers, it looks like after my accident two weeks ago where my ZL1 1LE was totaled (and became an internet meme in the process) I am going to be able to replace it with a brand new one.

I don't want to get into the details of the accident since I am still in the thick of it with Geico. Today I found out that they are officially considering the car a total loss. I will find out the official value for the car next week.

They gave me a figure today and it seemed pretty reasonable to me. The care was fully loaded, had the PDR, and MSRP was $73,300. The car had 5400 miles on it at the time of the crash.

I've looked everywhere and I am having a hard time finding any information on the value of a used ZL1 1LE. Because it's such a new option and there aren't many out there Kelley Blue Book doesn't even have it listed in their site.

I'd be interested to find out what you guys would consider a good $ value from the insurance would be.

Thank you all for any input you can give me as far as the value.

realistically, insurance wise probably 50-54 in value. depends how good the insurance company is haha
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:07 PM   #60
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
realistically, insurance wise probably 50-54 in value. depends how good the insurance company is haha
You’re not even close sir. Geico is giving me $71K plus.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 05-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #61
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
No, they are not making me pay for it. To be honest with you I wasn't even aware that they could do that. I thought that insurance typically covers all damages (to property other than my car and any other car I would hit). I was pleasantly surprised when they told me they would cover the guardrail as well
Are you sure on this? The reason I ask is 30-yrs ago I had an accident on Oahu, HI in which I damaged a guard rail and barrier. I never thought about it, and assumed the insurance paid or Oahu never billed. Around 6-months ago I went to renew my NC DL and I couldn't because Oahu had put a block on my DL. I contacted Oahu and that said they would release the block if I signed and notarized a statement stating that I was the driver, and verifying my present address. They did release the hold. Needless to say I am awaiting a bill.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:02 PM   #62
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Are you sure on this? The reason I ask is 30-yrs ago I had an accident on Oahu, HI in which I damaged a guard rail and barrier. I never thought about it, and assumed the insurance paid or Oahu never billed. Around 6-months ago I went to renew my NC DL and I couldn't because Oahu had put a block on my DL. I contacted Oahu and that said they would release the block if I signed and notarized a statement stating that I was the driver, and verifying my present address. They did release the hold. Needless to say I am awaiting a bill.
Yes, I am sure. Geico themselves told me they were going to pay for the guardrail damage.

That sucks, I would be furious with the insurance company I had at the time if I were you.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 05-25-2018, 03:38 PM   #63
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
I'll consider selling you mine.

4800 miles, same car.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #64
TheRedhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
FYI, there's a snow/ice drive mode setting.
I drove my 1LE from home Atlanta to Tampa in the pouring rain. 700 miles. White knuckle the whole way.

You have to respect the car and learn to work your feet.

Photo is me, stopping for gas, right inside the FL line.
Attached Images

Built!
Old 05-25-2018, 04:42 PM   #65
traylorc

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
GM has a 1K rebate on their website, you don’t have to do anything to get it. The additional 2k savings I’m getting is for the Hellcat being registered at the same address (that’s my assumption anyway).

Your question is a complex one. I was asking this very same question all over the internet when I was researching the 1LE.

The Hellcat and ZL1 can’t be compared. They are two different cars, built to perform in TOTALLY different ways.

I’m going to do my best to explain it for those that own one of them and are considering the other one.

HELLCAT will not put the grin on your face and make you say WOW when you’re carving up corners in a windy back country road or a road course. My girlfriend and I literally kept giggling and saying WOW the entire time we were driving the Zl1 in the back roads of upstate NY. The crisp, sharp and responsive handling the ZL1 1LE has is not found in the Hellcat.

The Hellcat makes you laugh and say WOW EVERYTINE you merge onto a highway, EVERYTIME you downshift 2 gears and punch it (at any speed), EVERYTIME you are on the boulevard and you are in first or second gear and you stab the gas I guarantee you’ll giggle.

It’s truly a freak of nature that defies physics and wants to kill you......all at the same time, while making you laugh. The Hellcat’s supercharger wine is amazing to listen to, I know it’s just “noise” but to car guys that supercharger wine means something hahaha.
A 4400 pound car is not supposed to do the things the Hellcat does, it’s amazing.

The 1LE doesn’t make you go WOW when you punch the gas because of that stupid lazy gas pedal and the way it’s tuned. But it’s not built for that and luckily we can modify it to get red of most of the lag. I still had a ton of fun driving it. The handling, the stiffness (yes, I actually like the stiffness) of the chassis and the the steering are all a plus in my book. The exhaust note on the 1LE is awesome when the valves open (especially when cruising on the highway at 60 mph). I like that the 1LE is smaller, sits low and it looks like what it’s built for......... the track . The interior of the 1LE is well done and doesn’t feel generic like the Hellcat does.

To sumize........
the Hellcat is the sledge hammer, the 1LE is the samurai sword !

The Hellcat is the wild bull that wants to throw you off and step on your head, the 1LE is the stallion that comes around the corner with stunning ease while defying the laws of physics in its own way.

Two different machines.

By the way, if it wasn’t the 1LE, I wouldn’t get a zl1 if you already have a Hellcat. The Hellcat will give you enough cornering ability to keep you pleased.
As someone who recently switched from a Hellcat to a ZL1 a couple of months ago...I would say your comparison/summary is right in line with my overall assessment of the two vehicles. I was continually nodding my head as I was reading your post...
traylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:12 PM   #66
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedhead View Post
I'll consider selling you mine.

4800 miles, same car.
Why are you selling it?

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 05-26-2018, 01:25 PM   #67
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Why are you selling it?
Curious as well.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #68
TheRedhead

Quote:
Why are you selling it?
It's not "For Sale" at all. I just have my eyes on two other models. So, I wouldn't have an issue parting with it.

Built!
Old 05-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #69
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedhead View Post
It's not "For Sale" at all. I just have my eyes on two other models. So, I wouldn't have an issue parting with it.
Thanks for the offer man. But I don’t want a used one, I wasn’t too thrilled with the original one having 5400 miles on it.

I’m excited about getting a brand new one (with 64 miles).

WhT else are you looking into?

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 05-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #70
TheRedhead

Quote:
Thanks for the offer man. But I don’t want a used one, I wasn’t too thrilled with the original one having 5400 miles on it.

I’m excited about getting a brand new one (with 64 miles).

WhT else are you looking into?
Definitely the ZR1. Maybe the 500.

Built!