Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-01-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
GOMD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Sierra
Dealer damaged my shifter trim

So I took my car into the nearest Chevy dealer, Pat O'Brien Chevrolet, and had them install the factory ambient light kit for the footwell and cupholders.

They took over 4 hours to return my car to me, and then I see they scratched up the trim bezel around the shifter, and put the plastic piece that moves with the shift back wrong, its all bunched up in one place. If I wanted to ruin my brand new car I could have done it myself.

Am I correct in thinking that the trim cover is not sold alone? Do I need an entire shifter assembly? I was royally pissed but they gave me my car back 20 mins after they closed so no one was available to help.

Any suggestions as to what to do, except complain and Monday and demand replacement parts?

PS. I don't know how to flip my pictures, sorry in advance.
Attached Images

GOMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
That pisses me off.

Did you point it out to them before you left the lot? if not, they are not gonna see your way of thinking. Heck, they won't want to see it if you saw them do it and dragged the dealership's owner over to watch
Old 03-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Just take it back and show them the scratches. Most dealers will take care of you if it's something they damaged. My dealer broker tab off the air box when checking the filter, they replaced it with no questions.
Its a good excuse to switch to a shiftboot like I did.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
GOMD

I drove 15 mins home before I noticed it, they rushed me out the door because it was after closing time. I am mad at myself for not checking it out while the service guy was still there.

I called back but the sales manager wanted nothing to do with helping me out. Such a disappointment. I know its not his dept but he was not the least bit understanding or apologetic.

Heres the best part, I did not buy my car from them, and this only confirms why!
Old 03-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOMD View Post
I drove 15 mins home before I noticed it, they rushed me out the door because it was after closing time. I am mad at myself for not checking it out while the service guy was still there.

I called back but the sales manager wanted nothing to do with helping me out. Such a disappointment. I know its not his dept but he was not the least bit understanding or apologetic.

Heres the best part, I did not buy my car from them, and this only confirms why!
Don't talk to the sales manager, talk to the service manager. He is the one responsible for the service department.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #6
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I learned the hard way, really need to do a thorough check on the car when picking it up. Walk all the way around, look in the inside, check the mileage.

Dealership did a little paint damage to my car one time. I ended up fixing it myself.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #7
GOMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Don't talk to the sales manager, talk to the service manager. He is the one responsible for the service department.
I tried but they are closed until Monday morning, I asked for whoever was in charge hoping they would attempt to help in some way, they did not.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:14 PM   #8
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
Feel your pain, my Dealership damaged my splitter when I took her in for a squeak and steering wheel cover issue. I warned them about my car being lowered and the splitter but they still managed to hit the splitter and scraped off the paint. After they saw the repair estimate they almost had a stroke and tried to get me to OK a patch. I told them hell no it will be fixed right. They reluctantly agreed to pay the $650 repair and I take it in Monday. The worst part of it like yourself, they didn't tell me they damaged it and let me drive it away until I noticed it when I got home. Top it off they didn't find the squeak and they denied the warranty on the steering wheel. I found the squeak myself and be going to a different dealership. Go back and demand they fix it and if they refuse then don't be nice. Sorry to here this happened to you too.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:20 PM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
I tried but they are closed until Monday morning, I asked for whoever was in charge hoping they would attempt to help in some way, they did not.
Call the service manager first thing, insist in him looking at it.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Sorry to hear about this, GOMD! Please let us know how your conversation goes with the service manager. We are happy to assist further if additional assistance is needed.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:

Old 03-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #11
Bk7

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LS
Take your car back there ASAP first thing Monday morning.

Bk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:46 AM   #12
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
When i had my 1LT i brought it in for an oil change only to find out the drivers side rear quarter near the drivers door had a scratch on it. From then on i don't bring the car to the dealer unless it's a warranty issue or something i can't do by myself.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:15 AM   #13
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Call the service manager first thing, insist in him looking at it.
I have damaged trim similar to that before, but I showed the manager then ordered a new one for the cust. it's better to eat a 20 dollar part then tick somebody off
Old 03-02-2014, 08:02 AM   #14
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
I have damaged trim similar to that before, but I showed the manager then ordered a new one for the cust. it's better to eat a 20 dollar part then tick somebody off

Unfortunately Wayne, that good common sense idea of yours is apparently not part of GM service as a whole. Each dealership's shop is different.

When I bought my 2007 Solstice GXP from Ricky Smith Pontiac in Weymouth MA? Top notch. I'm a pain in the ass about my cars, and they were really great. Careful and courteous. I actually trusted them.

And then they lost the dealership, even though they were Pontiac/Buick/GMC. They stopped caring at the shop. I left them long before their doors closed becasue of it.

I went to a Chevy dealer, local to me. Mediocre service. The local Caddy dealer almost came out said they don't service anything but Caddy! I had to go to a Buick/GMC dealer that used to specialize in Pontiac an hour's drive away for installation of GM parts, becasue no GM shop near me would agree to do it!

I ended up using the caddy shop for regular service on my Chevy. And you know what? They don;t have the right adapters for my wheels so they can't balance them properly, and they don't feel that they need to get it!

GM makes great cars but they don't seem to impress upon their dealer shops that the product isn't out of their hands just because the car leaves the lot with a new owner. I feel there's very little pride and professionalism.