Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-20-2011, 04:12 AM   #71
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps-gunkie View Post
Still not liking the European version, and there's the added question of whether or not we'll ever see the ZL1 here (probably not). I think I'll be importing a ZL1 and making it street-legal while being as none-intrusive as possible.
Let me know whenever you decide to do so, I might be of help to you
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:45 AM   #72
LS3 Machine

Drives: 2017 Colorado ZR2, 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
If you want to keep your warranty, yes.

However, and I will get flogged for this, modern Internal Combustion Engines have advanced so far that I honestly believe fuel octane ratings don't really hurt engines anymore.

It used to be the higher octane fuels were the cleaner and than base grades. However, with all refining industry expansions and environmental regs that have come into affect, most refiners make super premium fuels and then blend in different components to get the lower octane ratings. None of which are "dirty" they just have different hydrocarbon components in them which help produce a net lower octane rating (aka higher vapor pressures/ more lighter components in the fuel).

My car is supposed to run on medium grade gasoline and I've been putting in 87 octane since I bought it used and I've never had knocking or performance related problems with my car.

However, on a car under warranty I would follow all recommendations until the warranty expires on its own.

And don't get me started on 3000 mile oil changes.

My Camaro knocks on 91 Octane Gas. I use Data Logging, and had to reduce timing during tuning. The computer will reduce timing on it's own, but very aggressively. It's better (for performance) if it never knocks to start with. I agree on the 3000 mile oil changes... service departments must have come up with that one.
LS3 Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #73
iudexmaximus

Drives: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlander View Post
pretty curious to learn more
maybe the hardware of all the experience of the Nurburgring-testing?
wondering what it is?
different shocks
anti sway bars
trans and diff cooler
, please
+1!
How different is the driving feeling, if compared to a US specs car?
Old 06-20-2011, 07:14 AM   #74
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Scott, first off I love the spoiler.

The lights are growing on me. I cant wait to see someone set up a sequential version of those tail lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
If you want to keep your warranty, yes.

However, and I will get flogged for this, modern Internal Combustion Engines have advanced so far that I honestly believe fuel octane ratings don't really hurt engines anymore.
tell that to the L99 guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
First off you won't void the warranty running 87 in an SS. Nor will you have performance issues. You just won't have any performance. Sure run 87, the computer will detune the car to match and you will miss out over a few cents per gallon. Seems a shame to buy a high performance engine and then purposely turn off the performance. Go with a 4 banger
and with some cars (ie the L99) it doesnt always revert back to the high octane timing maps.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #75
jmart53

Drives: 2012 Cruze LTZ RS
Old 06-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #76
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
Nice Challenger mirrors.
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #77
sinergy camaro spain

Drives: Sinergy Limited Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
What are the difference in the European fuel? Also I like the spoiler, the tail lights are alright, but I still like ours better. To me though the mirrors are a deal breaker, they just seem too large, but I get that they serve a purpose and in all fairness I have not seen them in person.

Hey Fbod, you had better get to cleaning out that little forest growing in your gutters. I laugh because I spent all day cleaning the trees out from mine.
The european fuel has higher octain, you have two options: the lower 95 octain and 98 octain, and of course the price is more than twice of yours...
sinergy camaro spain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #78
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Vilkomen sie zum Camaro5.com Klaus! Ich möchte deine Bremselichte und Seitenspiegel kaufen!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #79
blk5genss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
I could go for everything but the lights! I actually like the bigger mirrors and spoiler!! Nice car!!
TSP Cam 231/236 112 LSA,TSP UD,Fast 102 w/Ported TB,AirAid CAI,1 7/8 catted Stainless Power LT,3 IN MBRP 3 in Exhaust/180*,Spohn LTA's,Toe Links, Drag Bar,Diff bushings,Hurst shifter,Hendrix/DSS 1400HP Axles,Nitto NT555R's,Lethal Performance Custon Tune 480 RWHP 454 RWTQ!! Best run so far is 11.94@121 LPE 3.91's Coming soon NW 102, and DSS DS, then car should be complete!!!
blk5genss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:46 AM   #80
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
like everything but the truck trailer mirrors..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #81
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Please God no, get rid of those tail lights. They look horrendous... and that's me being nice about my opinion.
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #82
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Still hate the rear tail lights! They look like they belong in a movie titled "2012 European Camaro travels back in time to 1979"!....

Still glad to see the Camaro will make it's way to Europe though!
2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #83
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Are the reverse lights in the 'sunglasses'?? Sorry, I can't play the video here at work if that shows it.
But I really like the look of the bumper without the reverse lights. Those taillights are hideous though so I guess it's not the best trade off.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #84
EuroCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I will be getting up close and personal with a Euro spec Camaro next week at the "Goodwood Festival of Speed" and will get some more pic's and video if I get a chance.

For those who don't know about this event see here: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/festival-o...d/welcome.aspx
EuroCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote