Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #323
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocross View Post
Since it isn’t dead, I might as well guide the topic a little bit since I’ve got another question

Are you all familiar with the Ford Performance Handling Track Pack? It’s apparently a handling kit they sell which is optimized for track people instead of ‘grand tourers’. The review i saw said they were putting down 1.11 G’s in a corner (a picture of the cars display was included to back this up).

Is this better than the camaro ss in terms of handling? Those are some pretty insane numbers.
They have the PP1 and PP2 packs. The PP1 isn't quite SS 1LE level - no mag ride standard, although you can option it in. PP2 is supposed to be pretty on par with 1LE, but I think they're still lacking some heat exchangers the the 1LE comes with stock.

I don't think anybody has tested a PP1 or PP2 against a 1LE yet.
Laststandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:55 PM   #324
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
This thread is still going on? OMG people...please let it die!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:36 PM   #325
autocross

Drives: 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
More of an SS 1LE level package. No ideas concerning any subjective handling comparison, but you'd have to be pushing them both pretty hard to find much difference.

Maybe not as hard to come by as you think.

Norm
1LE? Isn’t that pretty impressive?

You could get a base GT, and throw this kit on for 1,500. Then you’ve got numbers competing with a SS 1LE!

When you say you’ve got to be pushing them pretty hard to notice a difference, I guess what you would notice driving around is the sloppy steering compared to the camaro’s?
autocross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:19 AM   #326
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Unless there's some way of making that display show average g's through a turn, not particularly. As a peak number . . . I've datalogged a full quarter of a g higher than that in the car in my sig (on a road course, and it was still on OE springs at the time).

Quote:
When you say you’ve got to be pushing them pretty hard to notice a difference, I guess what you would notice driving around is the sloppy steering compared to the camaro’s?
You have to get up above the point where tire response is essentially linear, and probably a good way into the transitional region. In numbers, I'd guess somewhere in the 0.6 - 0.75g range, which is enough to run away and hide from most other traffic you're likely to encounter on the street.

Norm
Old 05-15-2018, 07:45 AM   #327
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Oh hell, might as well put it up here . . .

Norm
Old 05-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #328
autocross

Quote:
Unless there's some way of making that display show average g's through a turn, not particularly. As a peak number . . . I've datalogged a full quarter of a g higher than that in the car in my sig (on a road course, and it was still on OE springs at the time).

You have to get up above the point where tire response is essentially linear, and probably a good way into the transitional region. In numbers, I'd guess somewhere in the 0.6 - 0.75g range, which is enough to run away and hide from most other traffic you're likely to encounter on the street.

Norm
Would this be more tire related? I haven’t found any average G’s from the ford track handling pack, but it must be well above what the stock one is putting down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
They have the PP1 and PP2 packs. The PP1 isn't quite SS 1LE level - no mag ride standard, although you can option it in. PP2 is supposed to be pretty on par with 1LE, but I think they're still lacking some heat exchangers the the 1LE comes with stock.

I don't think anybody has tested a PP1 or PP2 against a 1LE yet.
This isn’t the performance pack that comes as an option, this is an aftermarket kit that ford released for enthusiasts. It’s 1,500, and makes the car handle properly. It seems like a cheap way to get performance equal to or better than the camaro ss.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:42 PM   #329
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:

You could get a base GT, and throw this kit on for 1,500. Then you’ve got numbers competing with a SS 1LE!

PP1 is $5,000
PP2 is $6,500

PP1: Brembo six-piston front brake calipers with larger rotors, a larger radiator and a Torsen rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio.

PP2: (includes PP1) 1.5” wider tires, MagneRide dampers, quicker steering calibration, 67% stiffer rear stabilizer, 12 % stiffer front stabilizer, 20% stiffer front springs, and 13 % stiffer rear springs
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:40 PM   #330
autocross

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
PP1 is $5,000
PP2 is $6,500

PP1: Brembo six-piston front brake calipers with larger rotors, a larger radiator and a Torsen rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio.

PP2: (includes PP1) 1.5” wider tires, MagneRide dampers, quicker steering calibration, 67% stiffer rear stabilizer, 12 % stiffer front stabilizer, 20% stiffer front springs, and 13 % stiffer rear springs
This isn’t a PP and doesn’t involve magnaride. There’s a division in ford called ‘Ford Performance’ which sells ‘mods’ to mustang owners. The incentive is those ‘mods’ are covered under warranty. One of the things they offer is a package with some really stiff, old school, shocks and struts. No magneride or anything else. You could get a base GT, and install this kit instead of a power package. You’d miss out on the other goodies that come with the power package, but you’d get pretty good handling
Old 05-16-2018, 07:23 AM   #331
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Would this be more tire related? I haven’t found any average G’s from the ford track handling pack, but it must be well above what the stock one is putting down.
You'd need data from the same test setup, at least on the same skidpad or track, and ideally on the same day. Did that 1.11g number come with any mention of wheel and tire size and tire mfr/model?

Tires define the upper limit; everything else determines how close to that limit you'll be able to get the car up to and how well-behaved it'll be along the way.

Handling isn't just about the car . . .

Norm
Old 05-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #332
autocross

Quote:
You'd need data from the same test setup, at least on the same skidpad or track, and ideally on the same day. Did that 1.11g number come with any mention of wheel and tire size and tire mfr/model?

Tires define the upper limit; everything else determines how close to that limit you'll be able to get the car up to and how well-behaved it'll be along the way.

Handling isn't just about the car . . .

Norm
I believe they said it was running the stock performance pack wheels and tires. It was pretty much a new car.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #333
rotohead

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
You’re just making things up now. With posts like this and the V6 Facebook group, I can see now why the V6 Camaro is the butt of people’s jokes.
When you try to share any performance news on this site you have some butt-brain putting you down, We got the new grind on the cams and we are now running into fuel starvation, due to the DI but we're getting there, We got the A/F worked out and had BBK rework a new TB as for the rest it's being worked on,
rotohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #334
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotohead View Post
When you try to share any performance news on this site you have some butt-brain putting you down, We got the new grind on the cams and we are now running into fuel starvation, due to the DI but we're getting there, We got the A/F worked out and had BBK rework a new TB as for the rest it's being worked on,
Lol you’re not going to run out of fuel with some regrinds and a throttle body. Head over to the V6 Facebook page. There are a lot of gullible kids on there that will believe that bs you’re spouting. You are NOT using regrind cams on a vvt motor with cam phasing. Not happening. Even if you did and figured out how to make the car idle, you wouldn’t be making and more power you’d just be moving the powerband WHICH IS WHAT THE CAR DOES ON ITS OWN.

Don’t come here trying to lie to people who legitimately want new and USEFUL parts for the V6.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote