Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-13-2018, 09:33 PM   #15
Red171LE

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Looks good and sounds great!
Red171LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:09 AM   #16
Kstallard34

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red171LE View Post
Looks good and sounds great!
Thank you!!
Kstallard34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:32 PM   #17
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Can you give us an driver review/driving impressions after a week or so?
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:41 PM   #18
Kstallard34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
Can you give us an driver review/driving impressions after a week or so?
Absolutely. All in all I would recommend this kit to anyone who wants great power with stockish driveability. I’m glad I chose this over a Maggie. Just fits what I wanted performance wise better.

The good:
- Wow is all I can say on performance. It’s quite impressive how quick the car is now. I installed a set of radials last week and it hooks nicely.
- Driving around town and highway still feels like stock if I’m not into the throttle.
- The sound is not to much. I’ve read complaints amount gear/bypass noise. It’s pretty quite in the cab. When you roll down the windows it wakes up.
- The sound outside of the car an instant “neck tuner.”
- Responds really well while entering/exiting corners.

The Bad: I really had to reach on these.
- the fitment in the engine bay is awfully snug. The filter off the compressor sits right on the AC line and valve cover.
- Not able to run E85 with stock fuel set up. I knew this going in...
- Had to remove my strut tower brace.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:17 PM   #19
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstallard34 View Post

- the fitment in the engine bay is awfully snug. The filter off the compressor sits right on the AC line and valve cover.
I've seen this on many centrifugal blower set-ups. Like there's no good air intake option.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:41 PM   #20
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstallard34 View Post
Absolutely. All in all I would recommend this kit to anyone who wants great power with stockish driveability. I’m glad I chose this over a Maggie. Just fits what I wanted performance wise better.

The good:
- Wow is all I can say on performance. It’s quite impressive how quick the car is now. I installed a set of radials last week and it hooks nicely.
- Driving around town and highway still feels like stock if I’m not into the throttle.
- The sound is not to much. I’ve read complaints amount gear/bypass noise. It’s pretty quite in the cab. When you roll down the windows it wakes up.
- The sound outside of the car an instant “neck tuner.”
- Responds really well while entering/exiting corners.

- Not able to run E85 with stock fuel set up. I knew this going in...
- Had to remove my strut tower brace.
Thank you. Is the gas mileage relatively close to stock when you’re cruising on the freeway not in the boost?

I’m considering a ZL1 but I keep seeing lightly used 1LE’s sell for low 30s and I’m thinking about a blower/headers with around a 10k budget instead of low 50s for a ZL1.
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #21
Kstallard34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
Thank you. Is the gas mileage relatively close to stock when you’re cruising on the freeway not in the boost?

I’m considering a ZL1 but I keep seeing lightly used 1LE’s sell for low 30s and I’m thinking about a blower/headers with around a 10k budget instead of low 50s for a ZL1.
Honestly I couldn’t tell you at this point. I have not looked at what my current MPGs are showing. The car is a weekend warrior so not on the top of my watch list. I’ll try and look this weekend.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #22
Kstallard34

Update

Well...decided to toss some Nitto 555r’s on for the mean time until my beadlock Welds show up. Wasn’t to sure about these before purchase. I’ve read a lot of reviews and have had friends with them. So far the traction has been solid, they ride smooth, and still able to do in town driving. I’m also excited I was able to balance them with minimal to no weight.

My daughter is ready for some racing! ����
Attached Images

Last edited by Kstallard34; 05-26-2018 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #23
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Any more updates? That is less weight than OEM...

Thanks for posting.
Tim M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #24
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
You cant go wrong with the PC D1SC at all. I have the same setup on my 1LE and my impression is the same as the OP. I also upgraded to the larger intercooler and the Tial 2" BOV along with a Alky Controls methanol injection system.

The car drives dang near bone stock until you get into boost, there might be a slight increase of power as the vacuum decreases and reaches zero before boost comes on you dont really notice it.

The only other negative I found was in regards to some of the 1LE air dams and cooling ducts had to be remove in order for the kit to be put in. The drivers side outside radiator had to be moved which causes the nose ducts to be removed, it also causes the removal of the brake funnel to be removed as well as the intercooler ducting takes up some of the space where those parts reside.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #25
Nabush

Drives: 2017 C7 GS M7 / 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Don't think I would use this setup on the roadcourse, where the intake seats, it must soak very hot air pretty quick...and retard timing quick because of these temps
If you just use you car for quick pulls yes, not for extensive use of the power...

And for me making a straight line car of a 1LE is somewhat missing the point of the 1LE pacakge.... Mustangs are better for that...(whipple...)

Just my 2 cts...
Nabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:42 PM   #26
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabush View Post
Don't think I would use this setup on the roadcourse, where the intake seats, it must soak very hot air pretty quick...and retard timing quick because of these temps
If you just use you car for quick pulls yes, not for extensive use of the power...

And for me making a straight line car of a 1LE is somewhat missing the point of the 1LE pacakge.... Mustangs are better for that...(whipple...)

Just my 2 cts...

Goes to show that people underestimate what the Procharger system can do. My IAT values are no more than 10° off of outside ambient with the upgraded Stage II intercooler.

The Procharger setup so far seems to run better IAT values than the OEM LT4 setup and the Whipple/Maggie stuff.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:47 PM   #27
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
would love to know what you think of the nitttos
and tire wear
biker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:52 PM   #28
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Sorry if already asked but did you go straight cut gears or helical?? thanks

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, d1sc, kooks, procharged, procharger