Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-14-2018, 12:03 AM   #57
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Update: It’s almost finished. I have seen it painted as of Monday last week (sorry, I didn’t take a pic), and as of yesterday is about 90% assembled. They say I should have it back in about 1 week. Wheel has been fixed and/or refinished, new tire mounted, and been on the alignment rack where everything lined up just fine. So, fingers crossed. I will go over it very closely. Hopefully they nail it the first time. I hope so because crunch time is approaching for CamaroFest. Have oil change and diff fluid change to do at Hendrick in Duluth scheduled a week from this Saturday, swap the wheels and tires back to the OEM set, then need to get it over to Gran Turismo East in Chamblee for DOT 4 and possibly track alignment. I also intend to order the GT4-style tow hook from ZL1Addons for NCM course (just in case).
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #58
mikem2104

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE, 20 Canyon Denali
glad to hear you're getting sooo close to having her back! been a long time coming, our accidents weren't too far apart. i feel for you man! fingers crossed

Current Garage:
18' 2SS 1LE, Hyper Blue
23' GMC Canyon Denali
Previously:
20' GMC Canyon Denali
16' 2SS 6MT, Hyper Blue, Kalahari, 20" PVW Chrome Split wheels, NPP, MRC (Total Loss)
14' Ford Edge Sport
06' Saab 9-7x,13' Nissan 370z Sport, 12' VW Jetta GLI, 02' Olds Bravada
mikem2104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:06 AM   #59
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
We are all pulling for you... it sounds like you're in good hands with the shop that is putting her back together for you. I got mine back last week, I'm really pleased with the results. Another couple of weeks and I'll take mine in for the ceramic coating to be redone, until then its safe and sound in the garage.
Attached Images

Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #60
HYPER1LE

Thanks you all. Me too. Now at 76 days without her. That initial 6 week estimate was just a WEE BIT off. Oh well. Just so long as it and me get back to 100%.
Old 06-15-2018, 02:56 PM   #61
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-X45 View Post
We are all pulling for you... it sounds like you're in good hands with the shop that is putting her back together for you. I got mine back last week, I'm really pleased with the results. Another couple of weeks and I'll take mine in for the ceramic coating to be redone, until then its safe and sound in the garage.
Glad to see you got yours back and happy with the results. I can imagine your relief. It looks great in the photo!
Old 06-15-2018, 03:12 PM   #62
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by most-wanted View Post
sorry to hear but looks like they are doing a nice job. Shoot me a message. I live in Cumming Ga and do track days at AMP in nascar trucks, race bikes and of course, my ZL1 I'm down to meet up once your back together. Congrats on getting your baby back soon.
Thank you. Sorry I haven’t replied sooner to your message as the day of your post I was out of town in Nashville for a family emergency; my Mom passed away the following day. So, I’m catching up. I am definitely interested in hooking up with fellow track enthusiasts, especially like you, for track events at ANP and Road Atlanta. I’ve had a few already at Road Atlanta in my previous 4th Gen, plus Motor Trend Cadillac Experience in the coupe/sedan/wagon previous Gen CTS-V’s. At AMP, I’ve only thus far done some karting. That was last April when I had only had this car for 1 month so I wasn’t ready for tracking it yet. I was hoping I could get a session or two under my belt before CamaroFest between this April and June, but I’m not going to be able to swing that now. Instead, I’m watching YT videos of Camaro’s and Corvettes running around NCM to learn the line. Going forward I’m ready to start tracking. I’ll contact you by PM as requested. Thanks again!
Old 06-15-2018, 05:18 PM   #63
GA Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Glad your car is getting back together. I’m sorry for the loss of your mom. My prayers are with you buddy. I know a parent passing is never easy. My father is 78 and not in good health.

I hope to get together with you soon and do some burn outs in the patrol car. My guys have been taking their vacations and I’m glad that will be over with next week. Post some pics when you get her back and cruise on friend !!!!
GA Camaro 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:37 PM   #64
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS View Post
Glad your car is getting back together. I’m sorry for the loss of your mom. My prayers are with you buddy. I know a parent passing is never easy. My father is 78 and not in good health.

I hope to get together with you soon and do some burn outs in the patrol car. My guys have been taking their vacations and I’m glad that will be over with next week. Post some pics when you get her back and cruise on friend !!!!
Thanks Gary. I appreciate it. As for burnouts in the Vic, lol...not happening. It’s now past 132,000 and worn out, weighed down with lots of gear, and now too hot sapping on its 250hp. I’ve been told my Tahoe replacement has already been ordered but have no idea when I’ll get it. So, still rolling on 4 dribbling basketballs for now since they won’t spend the money to put new struts and shocks on it. Unpleasant to drive and not happy about it either.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #65
HYPER1LE

The saga continues... 😕

UPDATE: Just checked in on the HYPR1LE again. Needless to say, I’m feeling a bit stressed out. It appears completely assembled now but still dirty as sin inside, outside, and under the hood. Whatever lame brain they had “repair” the wheel only buffed the scuff mark out. So, the result is a matte black wheel with a glossy shiny spot. Seriously, “Hello? McFly!”. Whoever did this looked at their completed work and found this acceptable! Obviously, it is still in need of detail, and a damn good one! It was supposed to go out to the Xpel vendor BEFORE the passenger side C7 Carbon side skirt was reinstalled so the entire rocker panel could be covered; THEN reinstall the rocker. I was very clear about this! Ugh! On the bright side, the body repairs appear excellent as does the paint work, as best I can tell for now, based upon my cursory inspection. Still have an assortment of things I need to get done to it (see prior post) to be ready for CamaroFest. Speaking of which, I contacted and was replied to by GM for a copy of the build sheet and other statistical data. Also, ZL1Addons jack puck and GT4 tow hook have been shipped. I expect I should receive all of those by the end of the week. As for the wheel, if they cant get it right insurance can expect to replace. At least I will be putting the OEM set of wheels and tires back on for CamaroFest and warm weather time, so time is not critical for this. The saga continues...😕
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2018, 11:21 PM   #66
Gen-X45

Great to see progress is being made, but man... the wheel thing would have set me off big time. Your car has been in the shop way long enough to have the minor aspects of the repairs done right. You can turn the wheels (no pun intended) in a couple of days. Continued good luck man, she's looking like her former self.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:42 PM   #67
HYPER1LE

Thanks Gen-X45. It’s been an ordeal alright. And the body shop says both the insurance company and Enterprise have been hounding them about the rental Silverado they put me in. And about a Silverado, never had such long term use of a pick-up before and never owned one, but I will be getting one. Obviously, very practical and I’ve gotten so much accomplished having it. I’m drooling over a 2019 or later same generation LT Trail Boss for future towing and off-road use for a planned relocation to Phoenix-area Arizona after my retirement. I like the ZR2, but its towing capability is only 5,000 lbs whereas the LT and Z71 are significantly more. I read it has something to do with cooling capability resulting in the lower rating. Anyway, I hope to have another update very soon.��
Old 06-21-2018, 08:27 PM   #68
Gen-X45

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPER1LE View Post
Thanks Gen-X45. It’s been an ordeal alright. And the body shop says both the insurance company and Enterprise have been hounding them about the rental Silverado they put me in. And about a Silverado, never had such long term use of a pick-up before and never owned one, but I will be getting one. Obviously, very practical and I’ve gotten so much accomplished having it. I’m drooling over a 2019 or later same generation LT Trail Boss for future towing and off-road use for a planned relocation to Phoenix-area Arizona after my retirement. I like the ZR2, but its towing capability is only 5,000 lbs whereas the LT and Z71 are significantly more. I read it has something to do with cooling capability resulting in the lower rating. Anyway, I hope to have another update very soon.��
I've very lucky, my daily driver is a Silverado that my company provides for me. Mine is a 2014, we get new trucks about every 3-4 years so I'm due at some point but I'm more than happy with what I've got. It's a 4x4 as well and they let us treat is as if it is our own. So, my 2SS although 18 months old only has 4K miles on it. Sounds like you're getting close to the finish line. I got my check for the ceramic coating today, I'll get that done next week. The only thing left to do now is the diminished valve claim which I'm told will be a battle. I hope you're better than new soon.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:00 AM   #69
Gabhart

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Glad to see things are close to you getting your baby back! I may have missed something but it sounds like you are going to ceramic coat / PPF? Please wait at least 3 months on the newly painted areas so it has a chance to "gas out".
Gabhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #70
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabhart View Post
Glad to see things are close to you getting your baby back! I may have missed something but it sounds like you are going to ceramic coat / PPF? Please wait at least 3 months on the newly painted areas so it has a chance to "gas out".
Thanks! And I appreciate the heads up about the PPF. But, I have been assured by both the body shop and the Xpel vendor that the paint can accept the PPF now. And I need the protection for the CamaroFest Hooked on Driving track event I’ve already paid for. So, if it bubbles, then Inwill make them redo. It went to the Xpel vendor yesterday, spend the night, then recheck for adhesion this morning. Then back to the dealership for final touches and detail. Hopefully, I’ll get it back Monday. If not, then it will have to wait until Wednesday as my schedule permits. Thanks again!

Tags
1le, camaro, crash, damage