Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-05-2020, 02:22 PM   #1
Smoke-in

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Cooling fan stays on, shows no temp.

Ever since I performed bolt on mods and a tune, I have a random condition where when I shut the car down, the coolIng fan continues to run. When this happens, I have no temp. reading at start up. It’s like the ECM does not see the cooling system or sensor. So I disconnect the battery and all re sets. It works fine for a couple weeks, till it doesn’t . Driving me crazy, any ideas?...
Smoke-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:38 AM   #2
Smoke-in

Hmmm,
I must have a unique condition! Certainly someone out there has had this happen!
Old 10-14-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
pumalex

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro
I removed the AC in my car and it started doing it right away until i replugged the sensor on the line so it could be that sensor too that is defective.
pumalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:13 PM   #4
Smoke-in

Good advice, could be the plug connection, or a bad sensor. I’ll unplug it first, if no go, I’ll replace the sensor!
Old 10-28-2020, 05:02 PM   #5
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
Cooling fan stays on, shows no temp.

If the computer sees that the car is not warming up fast enough, it will go into fail safe mode and do what you are describing. You can scan the ECM for a code to know which direction to go in. The previous owner of my car MAY have put a lower temp thermostat in it (because my car does run around 160° on the scanner) which would also cause this issue, so I went in with HP Tuners and adjusted the parameters so that it doesn’t report a problem and go into the whole fan on high/no gauge scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote