Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-09-2016, 10:33 PM   #1
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Abnormal Rev activity..

When you rev your engine during a cold start by accident or because you're a dumbass or maybe you're in a hurry...do your rpms get stuck after letting go of the throttle and even rise a bit on its own before falling back down?... mine has done it twice, both during cold starts. Wondering why it does that?? and on a scale from " red lining the rpms" to " putting an A8 in neutral while rolling to rev the engine at a prius," how bad is that for the car?

In all seriousness though should I not be worried about it as long as the engine isn't revved during cold starts?
Old 12-09-2016, 11:19 PM   #2
born-to-fish-

Drives: Fifty 2SS Vert
born-to-fish- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:23 AM   #3
bseiter98

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post
When you rev your engine during a cold start by accident or because you're a dumbass or maybe you're in a hurry...do your rpms get stuck after letting go of the throttle and even rise a bit on its own before falling back down?... mine has done it twice, both during cold starts. Wondering why it does that?? and on a scale from " red lining the rpms" to " putting an A8 in neutral while rolling to rev the engine at a prius," how bad is that for the car?

In all seriousness though should I not be worried about it as long as the engine isn't revved during cold starts?
Yes, my 2016 2SS manual does the exact same thing!

Last edited by bseiter98; 12-10-2016 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Typo
bseiter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:31 AM   #4
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bseiter98 View Post
Yes, my 2016 2SS manual does the exact same thing!
I have noticed it on my manual 1SS and other manual SS's on my lot, only at cold start with high revs.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:45 PM   #5
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelgado92 View Post

Are talking about revving it right away while it is still at high idle during a cold start? If so, it sounds like you are at high idle during a cold start. You should really wait a minute or so for the idle to come down a bit before taking off. It is a best practice to bring the engine up to normal operating temp before you get all rev happy. Check the oil temp to get an idea of how warmed up the engine is.

And yes is not a good idea to put your A8 transmission in netrual and rev at a Prius or any other car for that matter. Odds are that the other person will think you are an immature jackass. Just because the car is fast and makes cool sounds doesn't mean you have to get all weird about it. If you have a passion for that kind of driving you should head to the dragstrip.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #6
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Are talking about revving it right away while it is still at high idle during a cold start? If so, it sounds like you are at high idle during a cold start. You should really wait a minute or so for the idle to come down a bit before taking off. It is a best practice to bring the engine up to normal operating temp before you get all rev happy. Check the oil temp to get an idea of how warmed up the engine is.

And yes is not a good idea to put your A8 transmission in netrual and rev at a Prius or any other car for that matter. Odds are that the other person will think you are an immature jackass. Just because the car is fast and makes cool sounds doesn't mean you have to get all weird about it. If you have a passion for that kind of driving you should head to the dragstrip.
Lol I know I was only busting somebody's balls that posted a thread about the A8, I myself drive an M6, the first time i did it, I was in a hurry then the second I was being an asshole, I was just curious if it was normal, or why it did it
Old 12-11-2016, 06:45 AM   #7
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Mine will do it as well. It is normal.

However I never pull up next to a Prius and rev it up to show off like a jag-off. I save that for the A8 girls who can't run a clutch.....
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:42 AM   #8
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Mine has done it a time or two. Basically when I take off from work at night. Not from revving it, but rapid on and off throttle through parking lot. Sometimes it seems to hang up when cold. I do allow it to warm to operating temp most times, and it doesn't seem to do it then.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:41 AM   #9
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
I know when I ran jeeps until the oxygen sensor in the exhaust reaches normal operating temps it will produce a high idle.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote